KEXP Record Fair Oct. 22nd.

2»

Comments

• adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    demetrios said:

So did anyone here score any gems over the weekend at the KEXP Record Fair?

I picked up a '92 PJ xmas for $8 (a dream right? To be fair, it was in very rough shape), and a cheap Paul Simon s/t. :rock_on:
    I enjoyed seeing people so stoked, and I overheard a lot of great small talk. A dude next to me was pumped to score one of the 2009 Sub Pop Singles sets ("What is this? Oh, I need this. Take my money."). Was cool to see the Hockeytalkter table, though I missed McCready :) Despite the crazy "vinyl madness" right now, it was a cool event. Coffee, tunes, records, good people... a great saturday morning!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    adusick said:

demetrios said:

I picked up a '92 PJ xmas for $8 (a dream right? To be fair, it was in very rough shape), and a cheap Paul Simon s/t. :rock_on:
    I enjoyed seeing people so stoked, and I overheard a lot of great small talk. A dude next to me was pumped to score one of the 2009 Sub Pop Singles sets ("What is this? Oh, I need this. Take my money."). Was cool to see the Hockeytalkter table, though I missed McCready :) Despite the crazy "vinyl madness" right now, it was a cool event. Coffee, tunes, records, good people... a great saturday morning!
    Sweet!! Not to sure what's on that '09 Sub Pop Singles Box Set. Was there many copies at the HockeyTalkter's table signed by Mike? Mike said on Twitter that had a few clear Levee Walker singles. Can't wait to hear the one Danko Jones did with them.

I'm hoping to shop for some vinyl next month when I'm in town for TOTD. Will be checking out the new KEXP for sure. Would be pretty cool if there was a PJ / TOTD Pop Up Shop event happening Saturday morning @ the ShowBox. Some signed TOTD goodies. Posters, stickers & all that jazz.

Do it already!!!

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    wish we could've made it up to Seattle for this
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetrios said:

adusick said:

demetrios said:

Sweet!! Not to sure what's on that '09 Sub Pop Singles Box Set. Was there many copies at the HockeyTalkter's table signed by Mike? Mike said on Twitter that had a few clear Levee Walker singles. Can't wait to hear the one Danko Jones did with them.

I'm hoping to shop for some vinyl next month when I'm in town for TOTD. Will be checking out the new KEXP for sure. Would be pretty cool if there was a PJ / TOTD Pop Up Shop event happening Saturday morning @ the ShowBox. Some signed TOTD goodies. Posters, stickers & all that jazz.

Do it already!!!

I also picked up the Sub Pop Singles Set. I didn't see anything signed by Mike at the Hockey Talkter's Table.

Here is what was in the Sub Pop Singles Box Set.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i kept getting elbowed in the head trying to look at stuff which was irritating...found a first press Yield and made a deal with Mark.
    That's all I had patience for at that point. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    RKCNDY said:

i kept getting elbowed in the head trying to look at stuff which was irritating...found a first press Yield and made a deal with Mark.
    That's all I had patience for at that point. :lol:

Nice! I saw that Yield LP when digging, glad you could get that!