The Broadcast Collection (Box Set) (Pre-Order) - at Sound Stage Direct

JT_JamFanJT_JamFan Posts: 170
edited September 2016 in The Porch
Looks like 2 live shows and the Self Pollution broadcast. The Chicago show is available on two different Vinyl boots and the Atlanta show was released by someone last year, but all 3 in a box set might be kind of cool to have.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/pearl-jam-the-broadcast-collection-box-set-vinyl-records.shtml
Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
Dallas 11.15.13
Ft. Worth 9.15.23
Post edited by JT_JamFan on
Tagged:

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Cool to have if it was official. These are inferior unofficial Pearl Jam releases. Don't waste your money on them. Save up your money for the next official releases from Pearl Jam here. ;)
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    demetrios said:

Cool to have if it was official. These are inferior unofficial Pearl Jam releases. Don't waste your money on them. Save up your money for the next official releases from Pearl Jam here. ;)

+100000000
  • demetrios said:

But everyone loved bootlegs back in the 90's regardless if they were unofficial. Box set looks cool....
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Sometimes I still like bootlegs. I buy the odd one (as long as they aren't too expensive).
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309

demetrios said:

But everyone loved bootlegs back in the 90's regardless if they were unofficial. Box set looks cool....
    Yeah but these are most likely lossy mp3s pressed to vinyl. You can get these all for free on the interwebs. In the 90s there were fewer options, but paying $50 for a boot was still dumb then...trade tapes!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • demetrios said:

The official vault releases have been disappointing thus far.
  • demetrios said:

Kinda true, sadly. I LOVE having them, but almost never play them. I was absolutely floored by the quality when I randomly decided I wanted to get a dmb live trax from a show I was at years ago. Not really a dmb fan but the quality of the show, the set list, the packaging and the wax quality made the pj vaults seem a little weak in comparison. Hopefully they get the itch to release a 4 or 5 lp set from a 96 show or something recent where the sound quality just begs to be put on vinyl
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    vault 3, ditp and the orpheum are all fantastic. I thought vault 4 was really lazy and vault 5 definitely doesn't sound as good as vault 3.
    where does one get live dmb vinyl?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

vault 3, ditp and the orpheum are all fantastic. I thought vault 4 was really lazy and vault 5 definitely doesn't sound as good as vault 3.

Agreed, PJ vault 3 is the best of the 3 released so far on vinyl. Dmb "live trax" is the series, they come on colored wax for rsd special sets and black for regular release. They're sold out for the most part so you have to find them on eBay or discogs but they're not too hard to find. The only set I have is the Golden Gate SF show (volume 2) but I play it all the time compared to virtually never for the pj ones. Just search dmb live trax vinyl.

mcgruff10 said:

Agreed, PJ vault 3 is the best of the 3 released so far on vinyl. Dmb "live trax" is the series, they come on colored wax for rsd special sets and black for regular release. They're sold out for the most part so you have to find them on eBay or discogs but they're not too hard to find. The only set I have is the Golden Gate SF show (volume 2) but I play it all the time compared to virtually never for the pj ones. Just search dmb live trax vinyl.
    thanks for the info! what time of year are these released? I would absolutely love a live dmb lp!
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

thanks for the info! what time of year are these released? I would absolutely love a live dmb lp!
    You may be able to grab the next Dave Matthews Live Trax set on November 25th for Black Friday Record Store Day...
    I seem to remember seeing Volume 5 on sale last year!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896

demetrios said:

I haven't found them disappointing, especially not 3. But I think all are pretty good. Okay, not super phenomenal sounds-wise, but not bad. Certainly better than unofficial bootlegs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

I haven't found them disappointing, especially not 3. But I think all are pretty good. Okay, not super phenomenal sounds-wise, but not bad. Certainly better than unofficial bootlegs.
    Definitely. I didn't mean to be negative nancy, they're nice packages for sure, just not mind blowing in any way to me. Of my other box sets and live sets they're not my favorites though. I wish they packaged them nicer and included something personal from the band like memories of the show and why it was chosen as a vault release.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    edited September 2016
    I think this description is hysterical. "Each recording demonstrates the band at the absolute peak of their illustrious career with energetic live versions of many fan favorites."
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,184
    edited September 2016
    The grey area which makes these albums possible is so weird. How can PJ not have the right to there own shows?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetrios said:

I agree. I can't even count the number of unofficial import Pearl Jam, Hole, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nirvana CDs I had. If it wasn't for unofficial release we never would have had the Outcesticide collection.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

You may be able to grab the next Dave Matthews Live Trax set on November 25th for Black Friday Record Store Day...
    I definitely need to get dmb live this year on vinyl! is it really limited?
  • mcgruff10 said:

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I definitely need to get dmb live this year on vinyl! is it really limited?
    I'm not the best one to ask but they have a pretty big fan base too so id say they're one of the first things to go when they're out on rsd. I feel like they usually sell them on the dmb website on black vinyl after the limited color versions for rsd sell out. This is probably a better q for the dmb thread in "other music" though, there's some warehouse (dmb fan club) members in there that have better info