Wine Eddie drinks?

Sounds like a question a 13 yo girl asks maybe. But whatever.

Anyone know what wine Eddie drinks on stage? Or some wines he has been drinking in the past?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• paylingpayling Posts: 339
    Barolo is the type he seems to prefer
    PA
  • payling said:

Thanks. Will see if we have it here at the Swedish Systembolaget!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Pinot noir too
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    What no Boons farm? lmao
  • Really have only seen him drink Red wine. As McGruff said, he often drinks Pinot but there are definitely pics of him drinking Cab. or Merlot. Not sure about the specific winery but I'm sure you could find it somewhere.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • He does often drink Barolo, but beware you are looking at $70-150 a bottle. Barolo tends to take a lot longer to soften and be ready for drinking, so the vintage is going to be older than most wines you'll find on the shelf. But oh my is it delicious!
    I was at one of our restaurants in town Friday night and they had a Barolo for $110 but it was half price night on bottles. I still couldn't convince my friends to split it with me, as they were bitching that $20 a glass was way too much. Both the waitress and I tried to explain to them what a great deal it was. We ended up with a $20 bottle of Italian red blend instead.
    If you want to try something similar, look for a Nebbiolo as Barolo is made from the same grapes. You can find bottles of Nebbiolo for a much smaller hit on the wallet. About $20-35 for a really good bottle.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    all of it :)
  • He does often drink Barolo, but beware you are looking at $70-150 a bottle. Barolo tends to take a lot longer to soften and be ready for drinking, so the vintage is going to be older than most wines you'll find on the shelf. But oh my is it delicious!
    I was at one of our restaurants in town Friday night and they had a Barolo for $110 but it was half price night on bottles. I still couldn't convince my friends to split it with me, as they were bitching that $20 a glass was way too much. Both the waitress and I tried to explain to them what a great deal it was. We ended up with a $20 bottle of Italian red blend instead.
    If you want to try something similar, look for a Nebbiolo as Barolo is made from the same grapes. You can find bottles of Nebbiolo for a much smaller hit on the wallet. About $20-35 for a really good bottle.

Will have to see what they have here at Systembolaget i Sweden. It's a gift for a friend. need it by Saturday. Haha.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    edited September 2016
    Barolo 2010 Mauro Sebaste Tresuri
    Italians do it better, what can I say
    Post edited by rssesq on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    So not Costco Sangria then??
  • manitoumanmanitouman Posts: 1,085
    Two Buck Chuck :blush:
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

Does Costco really sell a sangria? SO looking for that next time!

Meanwhile to original question, no idea, but the one time he handed me the bottle I didn't even like red wine then but damn was it GREAT tasting wine!!

It's hard whilst drinking with hacks huh?

I was fortunate enough to sample some Barolo and it is very tasty.

Also thanks for the Nebbiolo recommendation!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    In Berlin he had a bottle of Bersano Barolo.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    JH6056 said:

Does Costco really sell a sangria? SO looking for that next time!
    I'll be honest its pretty amazing. $7 too. Kirkland brand. Look for it
  • payling said:

Bought a bottle of Barolo for roughly 25 dollars. Hopefully my friend will appreciate it.
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Anyone looking for a good red wine, I highly recommend Dave Matthews Dreaming Tree Crush. Merlot, great wine! Usually sells for around 17-18 bucks. Well worth it.
  • courtmcccourtmcc Posts: 1,143
    edited September 2016
    This is the bottle I got from Ed in Philly this year.. It's pretty good and I don't even like wine. Still is half full too.

http://imgur.com/9lQ1oAb
    Post edited by courtmcc on
  • I think I noticed him drinking this in Greenville...

• djklambakedjklambake Posts: 2,522
    I'd read somewhere that he enjoyed the pinot noir from Siduri - I've had about a dozen bottles of that, and it was the kind of wine that didn't produce a massive hangover the next day. I loved it. Siduri has since ceased operation, but that was pretty much the only pinot I enjoyed and didn't die from :-)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,968
    edited September 2016

I'd read somewhere that he enjoyed the pinot noir from Siduri - I've had about a dozen bottles of that, and it was the kind of wine that didn't produce a massive hangover the next day. I loved it. Siduri has since ceased operation, but that was pretty much the only pinot I enjoyed and didn't die from :-)

Yes, I have read the same. Siduri was bought out last year but I think that they are still producing wines.

I think that he had a case of Littorai pinot on the 2013 or 2014 tour - that is over $100 a bottle and can only be bought direct from the vineyard I think.
    Post edited by andyfarrimond on
  • Picked this one for my friends 30th birthday after recommendations.