Options

New Zack de la Rocha single - Digging For Windows

2»

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Zack has and will always suck........ he was lucky to work with the three real musicians in Rage

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

halv said:

These side projects that are brutal... I wish people would abstain from supporting them.

Zach, Maynard... need to work with their bands. These goofy side projects- bolstered with levels of support- encourage them to persist with the sub par music.

I watched Prophets on Saturday and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if Zach took his rightful spot with the band. But no... he's pumping out garbage instead.

I was at that same show on Saturday, and while I thought it was a killer show I couldn't help but think how much better it would have been with Zack. But what can you do. If he doesn't want to be in Rage anymore I'll happily go see Prophets anytime they are nearby. I thought they did a pretty good job combining Rage/PE/Cypress Hill tunes to create something unique.

BTW, Tim Commerford's new band Wakrat was pretty great. If you dig punk groups like Shellac/At The drive In/Fugazi, etc, I think you'll dig these guys to.
    Ugh...I thought they were one of the worst live bands I've ever seen.
    Tell me you're talking about Wakrat and not the Prophets?
    Wakrat of course.
    Pshew.

I'd agree. We were laughing at their last 'Rage wannabe' lyrics they closed their set with.

I think they went something like "You don't f**king care 'bout me... watchoo lookln' at?" (repeated 15-20 times)

Deep man. Deep.
    I couldn't understand a word of it. They were shockingly bad.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Zack has and will always suck........ he was lucky to work with the three real musicians in Rage

There's an element of truth to this- he never was an inspiring vocalist.

What we can give him credit for is his writing.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

lolobugg said:

I'd argue that they are a perfect combination. Yes, the musicians are brilliant (Audioslave were awesome too), but Rage songs are not anywhere near as good without Zach. I quite liked the One Day as a Lion EP as well, and saw them live at a festival. They did not suit the big stage they were on, but would have been great to see in a smaller environment.

I like this new song, it's not in same class at RATM, but still enjoyed it.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    No Coder said:

lolobugg said:

I'd argue that they are a perfect combination. Yes, the musicians are brilliant (Audioslave were awesome too), but Rage songs are not anywhere near as good without Zach. I quite liked the One Day as a Lion EP as well, and saw them live at a festival. They did not suit the big stage they were on, but would have been great to see in a smaller environment.

Don't get me wrong- I like them intact vs anything. But after seeing Prophets... I'd take Morello over Zach if the choice was left to me and one had to go.
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

No Coder said:

lolobugg said:

Don't get me wrong- I like them intact vs anything. But after seeing Prophets... I'd take Morello over Zach if the choice was left to me and one had to go.
    I agree with you 100% on the choice of Morello, love everything he does

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

lolobugg said:

Couldn't disagree more. I saw Prophets of Rage in Toronto. The crowd was killer, the band played fantastically, but Zack's voice comes along with an insane amount of energy - like in this recent song.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

lolobugg said:

Couldn't disagree more. I saw Prophets of Rage in Toronto. The crowd was killer, the band played fantastically, but Zack's voice comes along with an insane amount of energy - like in this recent song.
    Energy (and stagemanship)... correct!

Vocalist... unique, but not inspiring by any stretch of the imagination.

His lyrics were the big thing for me. I felt Rage was waaay ahead of its time back in the early 90s (before the age of awareness via mass media). They had a heightened social and political perspective.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845

halv said:

These side projects that are brutal... I wish people would abstain from supporting them.

Zach, Maynard... need to work with their bands. These goofy side projects- bolstered with levels of support- encourage them to persist with the sub par music.

I watched Prophets on Saturday and couldn't help but think how cool it would be if Zach took his rightful spot with the band. But no... he's pumping out garbage instead.

I was at that same show on Saturday, and while I thought it was a killer show I couldn't help but think how much better it would have been with Zack. But what can you do. If he doesn't want to be in Rage anymore I'll happily go see Prophets anytime they are nearby. I thought they did a pretty good job combining Rage/PE/Cypress Hill tunes to create something unique.

BTW, Tim Commerford's new band Wakrat was pretty great. If you dig punk groups like Shellac/At The drive In/Fugazi, etc, I think you'll dig these guys to.
    Wakrat of course.
    Pshew.

I'd agree. We were laughing at their last 'Rage wannabe' lyrics they closed their set with.

I think they went something like "You don't f**king care 'bout me... watchoo lookln' at?" (repeated 15-20 times)

Deep man. Deep.
    I checked out Wakrat on apple music and oh my god does it suck. reminds me of nu metal, but worse.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

halv said:

Wakrat of course.
    Pshew.

Deep man. Deep.
    I checked out Wakrat on apple music and oh my god does it suck. reminds me of nu metal, but worse.
    Lol

Yup. We stayed in the parking lot having a few beers until the noise died down. We wanted no part of it.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    that was awful...sounds like a store bought mixing program I bought off clearance behind his vocals...should have thought that one through more
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914

No Coder said:

lolobugg said:

Yeah but without Zach there is no rage. Kind of like no Ed, no pj. Mike is great but you can replace a guitarist, not a lead singer.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

No Coder said:

lolobugg said:

Yeah but without Zach there is no rage. Kind of like no Ed, no pj. Mike is great but you can replace a guitarist, not a lead singer.
    I'd say Ed's significance to PJ is greater than Zach's to Rage. And I'd say Morello's significance to Rage is greater than Mike's (he's got a style all his own... in the 'very unique' category like Edge).

But Prophets were not Rage- I'm not going to argue with that.