Tweet tweet.....sweeeeet UPDATE!

Comments

• The head spinning has now slowed from the new tour. I'm sure the spinning will continue at a more moderate pace until a US/N. America tour is announcement (if it ever gets announced over the next 6 months).
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I know to the folks in the Northern U.S. it sounds like your southern counterpart are whining... but damn... We feel like our political vote doesn't count because of all the bible thumping hicks that counteract our votes and rig our machines, we get the shit kicked outta us by 2 hurricanes, get abandoned by our government, our football team gets knocked out of the Superbowl by a team that we should have beaten... and when we really, I mean REALLY need a Pearl Jam show.... We get teased... hear rumours of some southern festival dates (Bonnaroo, maybe VooDoo) and then we hear that they are going BACK to Europe and leaving us to lick our wounds some more... We can't help but whine a little... Give US a break... I'm just happy that I was able to travel for one show last year (Cincinnati, an incredible show I must say) but really... Let us bitch a little... When you lose your house, your since of hope, end up nearly bankrupt, then get to looking for a small ray of sunshine in all this disaster and have it blocked by someone else... see if you keep quite... Sorry, just needed to put in my 2cents for a second...

New Orleans 4 Ever!!!!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    bhigh901 wrote:
    I know to the folks in the Northern U.S. it sounds like your southern counterpart are whining... but damn... We feel like our political vote doesn't count because of all the bible thumping hicks that counteract our votes and rig our machines, we get the shit kicked outta us by 2 hurricanes, get abandoned by our government, our football team gets knocked out of the Superbowl by a team that we should have beaten... and when we really, I mean REALLY need a Pearl Jam show.... We get teased... hear rumours of some southern festival dates (Bonnaroo, maybe VooDoo) and then we hear that they are going BACK to Europe and leaving us to lick our wounds some more... We can't help but whine a little... Give US a break... I'm just happy that I was able to travel for one show last year (Cincinnati, an incredible show I must say) but really... Let us bitch a little... When you lose your house, your since of hope, end up nearly bankrupt, then get to looking for a small ray of sunshine in all this disaster and have it blocked by someone else... see if you keep quite... Sorry, just needed to put in my 2cents for a second...

New Orleans 4 Ever!!!!

i can't argue with this one!
  • bhigh901 wrote:

New Orleans 4 Ever!!!!

Shit happens, I'm sure everyone in the band wishes they could just magically show up for a show in New Orleans. However, believe it or not, it's not that simple.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • mad41mad41 Posts: 20
    :(
    So sad .......

But I'm happy for everyone in Europe.......
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Shit happens, I'm sure everyone in the band wishes they could just magically show up for a show in New Orleans. However, believe it or not, it's not that simple.

Shit happens.....wow...you may not have a lot of empathy for this guy...you may think he's whining...but shit happens? Wow...no spare empathy running around that post. "Just harsh, cold reality, dude...DEAL."

ow
  • LovetheJam wrote:
    Shit happens.....wow...you may not have a lot of empathy for this guy...you may think he's whining...but shit happens? Wow...no spare empathy running around that post. "Just harsh, cold reality, dude...DEAL."

ow

Don't take what I said out of context. Shit happens as in they can't book shows in every place they'd like to play. People act like if they don't play in their city, then Pearl Jam hates them.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    mad41 wrote:
    So sad .......

But I'm happy for everyone in Europe.......

thankyou mad41
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Sweeet!
    What about canada ?!?!
    *09/28/04 - Boston
    *09/29/04 - Boston
    *09/22/05 - Halifax
    *06/30/08 - Mainsfield
    *08/09/08 - Montreal EV tour
    *08/10/08 - Montreal EV tour

Are you Dick Cheney??? Sounds like what he would say... Or Maybe you are an Insurance Agent... Believe it or not, We do have a few venues back open and unbooked...
  • Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    Thanks for getting our hopes up. Maybe you should have written that in Italian so that us Americans couldn't understand it.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • I'm not giving up just yet. This post from Kat seems to be hinting towards spring which wouldn't make since for just June. I'm wrong, I'm wrong, egg on my face.....but I've still got a little hope inside me. And if nothing else does come, congratulations to the lucky european fans, you guys deserve it. :)

'Gooood grief...it's called a teaser and it's a heads-up reminder for Ten Club members or those who want to be a member to have their eggs in a row and their ducks in the basket....

Or maybe it would be better to spring things on people and then see how that goes? It could be interesting................

xo'
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • [Post removed by Moderator...do not jeopardize posting privileges. Please read again the Posting Guidelines you agreed to. - Admin]
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

[Post removed by Moderator...do not jeopardize posting privileges. Please read again the Posting Guidelines you agreed to. - Admin]
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    bhigh901 wrote:
    You get your little head outta your own damn ass... you quoted and replied with "Shit Happens" to a post that was specifically about New Orleans, bud.

Is New Orleans still in America?? Have you been down here in a while? It's been looking like we are in Haiti or something... Damn, We need some love... We appreciate the sentiment of all the supposed "relief" charity stuff the band has done, however, I know I haven't seen any "relief"... a BIG dose of some live PEARL JAM would go a long way at raising some spirits around here... SO go fuck yourself if you are too ignorant to comprehend how disappointed we are with the news today of them going back to Europe to make a few more dollars...

People...please!

Chill out, you guys are seriously killing my morning buzz.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    You get your little head outta your own damn ass... you quoted and replied with "Shit Happens" to a post that was specifically about New Orleans, bud.

Is New Orleans still in America?? Have you been down here in a while? It's been looking like we are in Haiti or something... Damn, We need some love... We appreciate the sentiment of all the supposed "relief" charity stuff the band has done, however, I know I haven't seen any "relief"... a BIG dose of some live PEARL JAM would go a long way at raising some spirits around here... SO go fuck yourself if you are too ignorant to comprehend how disappointed we are with the news today of them going back to Europe to make a few more dollars...

Shit happens in regards to PEARL JAM PLAYING SHOWS IN THE UNITED STATES.

You are the one dragging Katrina into this shit. I'm not.

And last I remember I thought that the Saints were doing a GREAT job of lifting the city's spirits.

Don't make me out to be a bad guy just because Pearl Jam didn't get to play a show there.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

Shit happens in regards to PEARL JAM PLAYING SHOWS IN THE UNITED STATES.

You are the one dragging Katrina into this shit. I'm not.

And last I remember I thought that the Saints were doing a GREAT job of lifting the city's spirits.

Don't make me out to be a bad guy just because Pearl Jam didn't get to play a show there.

You're the ignorant ass running your damn mouth replying to an earnest post with "Shit Happens" You made yourself into the asshole, not me, bro. It's easy for you to not "drag katrina" into something... I was dragged by her ass... You can change your tv channel and it goes away... but BELIEVE me... Even though the News crews have moved on to something else, We still have a huge mess down here... Just wanting a little love from the best AMERICAN band in the world...
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    You're the ignorant ass running your damn mouth replying to an earnest post with "Shit Happens" You made yourself into the asshole, not me, bro. It's easy for you to not "drag katrina" into something... I was dragged by her ass... You can change your tv channel and it goes away... but BELIEVE me... Even though the News crews have moved on to something else, We still have a huge mess down here... Just wanting a little love from the best AMERICAN band in the world...

See it's people like you that I hate.

Something bad happens to you and you make sure to let everyone know every where you turn. You want everyone to give you a non-stop pity party.

I mean christ something horrible happened, but it doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk to everyone about it.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• You know what....

I've read through this and I am VERY VERY saddened by the amount of hatred I feel.

So what, Europe gets ONE MONTH of Pearl Jam's time. BIG F'N DEAL (and I mean Big F'n Deal to it's not the end of the tour news since they scheduled approx. one month of shows...in no way did I mean it's not a big deal about the euro tour...CAUSE IT IS!!!)

I'm extremely happy for our friends in Europe, I won't be going to the shows there, I can't afford it, but I know that there are people over there that LOVE the guys as much as each and every one of us and they also deserve shows.

And since when do we get any say whatsoever in what Pearl Jam does with their tours? They're going to tour where they want to. And yes, it IS about money. They all have families and children to feed and clothe just like most of us do and they have to make money in order to do that and if travelling to the most lucrative venue cities is what they have to do, then that is what they have to do for themselves and their families.

Since when have they EVER skipped over the US? Last I saw, even when they played in Europe, they played shows in the US on a full blown tour also.

Get over yourselves and be patient.

*end rant*
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
    See it's people like you that I hate.

Something bad happens to you and you make sure to let everyone know every where you turn. You want everyone to give you a non-stop pity party.

I mean christ something horrible happened, but it doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk to everyone about it.

Well, I don't hate you... I don't really hate anyone. Well, that's not entirely true... Lord knows I'm trying not to hate insurance agents and republican "leaders" but it is hard sometimes... I don't want a pity party my friend... I want a Pearl Jam party... Sorry if you think I'm being a jerk for venting a little frustration... however, I do intend to continue "to let everyone know everywhere I turn" about what is going on down here... we are ALL Americans supposedly... and I think we all should be fixing this place up... Again... It doesn't go away for me like it does for you...
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    Well, I don't hate you... I don't really hate anyone. Well, that's not entirely true... Lord knows I'm trying not to hate insurance agents and republican "leaders" but it is hard sometimes... I don't want a pity party my friend... I want a Pearl Jam party... Sorry if you think I'm being a jerk for venting a little frustration... however, I do intend to continue "to let everyone know everywhere I turn" about what is going on down here... we are ALL Americans supposedly... and I think we all should be fixing this place up... Again... It doesn't go away for me like it does for you...

Using a thread about a Pearl Jam update isn't a vehicle to voice your displeasure over the handling of the aftermath of Katrina.

Write letters to your Representatives and Senators. Get rallies going in your community.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    bye bye sticky =(
    Using a thread about a Pearl Jam update isn't a vehicle to voice your displeasure over the handling of the aftermath of Katrina.

Write letters to your Representatives and Senators. Get rallies going in your community.

Agreed, but it is a place to voice my displeasure with the update... Which I so eloquently did before you started this little tirade with your callous ignorant "Shit Happens" remark... You are obviously incapable of empathy so I will cease communication at this point and let you live in your little white-suburban-starbucks-abercrombie american fantasy... I hope that Pearl Jam plays Noblesville for you and that you have a great time...
  • You sound like a spoiled 5 year old, go hold your breath and maybe you'll get your way.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Sawyer wrote:
    don't let this cryptic crap sink to the bottom of this messageboard.......remind them of the hope they crushed with their jumbled Da Vinci Code like way of announcing.
    Calm down Bro, it isn't life or death.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Decided not to post anything because i dont' have anything nice to say

Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    u guys are seriously gonna kill me :D

ive smoked two cigs in the past hour just reading everything!

god i love the passion here... i really do.
  • I must say that I find the almost insane way in which so many people on the this board speculate when and where and why and why not and all the friggin' riddle deciphering a little obnoxious and silly. It really is quite ridiculous to me.

However, I am not at all fond of the way in which things are handled what with the cryptic messages saying to be sure and update your memberships because you're going to be sorry if you don't. Maybe its my own damn fault for reading the board every day....it seems I was much more satisified one year ago when I never visited. I do, however, continue to hold out hope for a show or two I can get to this year. But, damn, I'm a grown ass man and I have plenty other shit to worry about and whether or not the best band in the world decides to play the south or not is not one of them as much as I wish they would.

People, in general, should just chill out. My grandpa always said there's no need to worry about something if you can't change it.....all the bitching and complaining isn't going to force them to play the south or toronto or msg this year, so just take it as it comes and be happy when it does....PLEASE!!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Sawyer wrote:
    don't let this cryptic crap sink to the bottom of this messageboard.......remind them of the hope they crushed with their jumbled Da Vinci Code like way of announcing.

You must have been a nightmare at XMAS time when you were a kid. Who am I kidding?? You probably still unwrap and re-wrap gifts. I'm beyond saying have patience. You sir, need to grow the fuck up!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    Holy crap people around here seems in a bad mood! - however I´m danish and i got ticks for a show this summer - AND I have waited seven 7 ....... years for this. I think it´s okay that we get PJ again.
    And mabye they will play again in the us befor the end of the world.........
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
This discussion has been closed.