Overdose Awareness day, my brother & PJ

Hi all-
I debated about putting this here and apologize if it isn't the right place. But I've seen many emotional tributes and similar related subjects and thought I'd share, and given the history with Andy Wood, Layne, etc.
My brother JT was my best friend and best man at my wedding, an amazing soul and musician himself. He went with me to several PJ shows- still my favorite show is when we were together in the 5th row in Boise in 2000. JT passed away several years ago to the opioid epidemic which apparently several people have had ties to on this board. Pearl Jam has always been around but has been such a great energy for me in dealing with the loss of him. It is hard not to have songs that have meanings surrounding him- whether what I'd play with him and memories, or more emotional ones. I was fortunate to go to Wrigley 1 and eddie introducing Sad obviously got teary talking about the emotional connection to those we've lost.

One thing I did is put this map together where families can contribute their lost loved one and a bio- there are 350 contributions so far. Jt is the first on the map. The hope is to break stigmas, get people talking and for there to be help out there....I didn't speak about it for the first several years after he passed, but now feel it is important for others going through it right now and for loved ones not to be forgotten. If you would share this map tomorrow I would much appreciate it! You'd be helping several families remember their loved ones but more importantly spread awareness:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?appid=19f5247b5bd043dda9a25b22c0919760

I haven't posted much here before, but given my life of pearl jam and this great community I thought I'd share. This band means the world to me and you are all amazing!

Comments

• KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Good stuff. Very, very sorry for your loss.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • oh and it is tomorrow (aug 31) that is overdose awareness day
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 849
    Wow. This is heavy and very amazing. So sorry for your loss. Will be sharing this tomorrow.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • kateikatei Posts: 76
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Very sorry for your loss. Admire what you are doing in honor of your brother and to help others.