Options

Was Night 1 or 2 better at Wrigley?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    Night 2
    Both shows were insane. Only my second and third, so I didn't go in with hopes for catching any specific rarities, but hearing Black Red Yellow on night 2 was certainly an unexpected highlight. I'd give the edge to night 2.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Night 2
    amzing both nights..night 1 the crowd was better at ga,,more energy..and has the most strong moments of the weekend..inside job,and masters of war jamming ..and c.numb solo...must be put in a fuckin musuem!1mike was incredible..

vote night 2 cos has this celebration feeling the whole night..the setlist was frikkin crazy...
    and when all was moving after ylb..i screamkm,,hey,where u guys going..ive got a feeling we are not done yet!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Night 1
    For me the choice is simple; I was in GA for night I and in reserved seating for night II and it makes such a difference. Night II's setlist was probably better from an objective point of view but for me night I was the better experience. Night I also felt a bit more personal IMO. Still, the experience is a set for me. I can't really separate them as both shows were absolutely incredible.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,768
    Night 2
    I went to both and for me it's not even that close. I loved Masters of War and I Believe in Miracles from night 1 but night 2 blew it out of the water. I mean BRY, Blood, Throw your Arms, Man of the Hour(this crushed me in the best way), I've Got a Feeling, Of the Earth and that opener. Although they did scratch Come Back on me but luckily I didn't find that out until I was back home. Night 2 is just one of those shows that will forever remain in the top 5 for me.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,173
    You won't get a vote from me. I got to hear 15 songs for the 1st time night 1, and those didn't even include Let Me Sleep and Inside Job. And then if that wasn't enough, I got to hear 16 songs for the 1st time on night 2!! Sure, only my 4th and 5th shows, but that is damn near 1 entire show of songs that I had never seen before.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    TA243471 said:

You won't get a vote from me. I got to hear 15 songs for the 1st time night 1, and those didn't even include Let Me Sleep and Inside Job. And then if that wasn't enough, I got to hear 16 songs for the 1st time on night 2!! Sure, only my 4th and 5th shows, but that is damn near 1 entire show of songs that I had never seen before.

Wrigley 2 was my seventh show and I got 5 new songs. Crazy how that works out.
  • Options
    Night 1
    PJNB said:

TA243471 said:

Hey, Wrigley 2 was my 16th show and I got to hear 8 new songs (4 original and 4 covers). I'd imagine you'd have to see well over 30 shows before you end up seeing nothing new and even then there's a good chance there may be a cover or tag that is new to you. How many bands offer that kind of diversity in their set lists?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited September 2016
    TA243471 said:

Tom, it was great meeting you & your son! Always good to rock out at a show with people having as good a time as me, if not better!
    These were my 14th & 15th shows and I still got 20 new songs over the weekend myself (12 night one, 8 night two). Completed Ten with Oceans & Deep during night 2! Unbelievable weekend and two stellar shows!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Night 2

PJNB said:

TA243471 said:

Hey, Wrigley 2 was my 16th show and I got to hear 8 new songs (4 original and 4 covers). I'd imagine you'd have to see well over 30 shows before you end up seeing nothing new and even then there's a good chance there may be a cover or tag that is new to you. How many bands offer that kind of diversity in their set lists?
    Not many at all!!!
    Wrigley 2 was my 30th show and I got 2 new songs...
    Of The Earth & Don't Give Me No Lip,
    and 1 new cover...I've Got A Feeling!!
    Had a GREAT time both nights,
    only got new covers on night 1:
    Rain, Masters Of War & Surrender.
    It really was a very special weekend!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,173

TA243471 said:

Tom, it was great meeting you & your son! Always good to rock out at a show with people having as good a time as me, if not better!
    These were my 14th & 15th shows and I still got 20 new songs over the weekend myself (12 night one, 8 night two). Completed Ten with Oceans & Deep during night 2! Unbelievable weekend and two stellar shows!
    The pleasure was all ours. We've been talking about doing some shows on the road for a long time, and these finally worked out. I've had the pleasure of dealing with so many great people on this site, that I've been dying to finally meet some of you guys, and see if you are actually as cool as you seem on the site. In the real world, people do not take care of strangers like you guys do. We were fortunate to get tickets from you, and Darrin. From my experience, you guys are some of the greatest PJ fans out there, and you guys made our weekend into one of the greatest things that we will ever have done. The entire weekend is unforgettable, and it is because of guys like you that we will have some of the greatest Father/Son memories that most people will ever have. I am already socking away money so we can go for a bigger trip next tour. Thanks for helping make that weekend one of the best ever!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    Judder29Judder29 Posts: 15
    edited September 2016
    Night 2
    Black red yellow with the worm was definitely one highlight of the show
    Post edited by Judder29 on
  • Options
    I didn't vote because i only went to night 2 and thus my vote would feel biased. That first set was blistering, but i'm also kind of jealous for missing out on that Masters of War, for all the hubub about it
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Night 2
    Ed sounded better Night 1, setlist was better Night 2. Tough call, both KILLER shows.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020