4 great shows

INDIFFERENCE MAKERINDIFFERENCE MAKER Posts: 274
edited August 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
What a run!
we will all debate which was the best of the 4 but how lucky we are to have this band as our favorite.
I was able to attend Wrigley 1 for my 17th show and it is by far the best show I have ever seen. Thanks Pearl Jam
Post edited by INDIFFERENCE MAKER on

Comments

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    what?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    yep 4 great shows in a row (philly-MSG) :tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,989
    I was at all four, and they all would fit (If I took the effort) into my top-10 of now 20 shows. And I think the OPs show (Wrigley 1) was the weakest.

But what's not to like about four three-hour shows at such great destination venues. They played hits, they played rarities, and they played super-rarities. They interacted with us. They had fun. They played to the locals (of which I was not in either location), and they messed with a couple of curfews. Any complaints are indications of how spoiled we are.

Entering their 50s, they seem to be peaking. They mail nothing in. I hope I get to hit a few more shows while their still playing with this much energy.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Only four? This entire tour was pretty incredible. The setlists were incredibly varied. Almost every setlist I saw from this tour made me say to myself, "I wish I was there!" Not every tour is like that.
  • jkalmanjkalman Posts: 75
    edited August 2016
    Was at Philly 1 and 2, MSG 1 and 2, Fenway 1 and 2, and Wrigley 1 and 2. IMO, Fenway 2 was the strongest show in the run and Wrigley 2 the weakest show in the run. Loved MSG also though since I was third off the rail on night one in Mike zone and second off the rail on night two in Eddie zone (and was one of the people who got the mic for Even Flow). Overall, MSG 2 was my favorite show because I got the mic, even if it wasn't as strong as F2.
    Post edited by jkalman on
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Only four? This entire tour was pretty incredible. The setlists were incredibly varied. Almost every setlist I saw from this tour made me say to myself, "I wish I was there!" Not every tour is like that.

X2 This whole 16 tour didn't have a bad show.
    EM194007 said:

Only four? This entire tour was pretty incredible. The setlists were incredibly varied. Almost every setlist I saw from this tour made me say to myself, "I wish I was there!" Not every tour is like that.

X2 This whole 16 tour didn't have a bad show.
    Didn't get to all 16, but considering I used to hit Dead tour in the 80s and 90s, I can't imagine Pearl Jam ever having a "bad" show. God knows I've seen some bad Dead shows... Lol
    edited August 2016
    RFK 95 with Dylan was a pretty bad show. I remember thinking, "Wow, I don't even want to see them anymore after this." Then Jerry died and I spent the whole day crying...

Seeing Bob Weir collapse at the Capital a few years ago was pretty crazy also, but the Phil and the boys in Furthur still played pretty well, even with Bobby half gone.
    Post edited by jkalman on
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    jkalman said:

Was at Philly 1 and 2, MSG 1 and 2, Fenway 1 and 2, and Wrigley 1 and 2. IMO, Fenway 2 was the strongest show in the run and Wrigley 2 the weakest show in the run. Loved MSG also though since I was third off the rail on night one in Mike zone and second off the rail on night two in Eddie zone (and was one of the people who got the mic for Even Flow). Overall, MSG 2 was my favorite show because I got the mic, even if it wasn't as strong as F2.

Fenway 2 is emerging as the overall favorite among those of you lucky enough to have attended all 4. Speaks pretty strongly that you were close to the rail and got the mic at MSG 2, yet Fenway 2 was still the best show overall in your view. Thanks for that perspective. You lucky duck!! (I know, duck is weak, but I don't know you so don't feel like I can call you a "lucky little shit" the way I want to LOL! :D )
    JH6056 said:

jkalman said:

Fenway 2 is emerging as the overall favorite among those of you lucky enough to have attended all 4. Speaks pretty strongly that you were close to the rail and got the mic at MSG 2, yet Fenway 2 was still the best show overall in your view. Thanks for that perspective. You lucky duck!! (I know, duck is weak, but I don't know you so don't feel like I can call you a "lucky little shit" the way I want to LOL! :D )
    Lol. Yeah, I am a lucky little shit. I put the video up of both nights recently on the MSG threads. I was videoing when he threw it out.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    jkalman said:

JH6056 said:

jkalman said:

Lol. Yeah, I am a lucky little shit. I put the video up of both nights recently on the MSG threads. I was videoing when he threw it out.
    Cool, thanks for sharing those videos then!