GA line questions

Does anyone know if they stuck to the 9am to line up rule for the first show? Also where does the line actually start? Thanks!
Nick

Comments

• Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    edited August 2016
    Rule was out the window last night. About 50 people already in line with tents set up. Line starts at Waveland and Sheffield
    Post edited by Mike's Side on
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Thats why the List should be in place since Ten Club rules are just recommendations.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Noload said:

Thats why the List should be in place since Ten Club rules are just recommendations.

:nuh_uh:

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Noload said:

:nuh_uh:

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Thanks guys! I figured rules wouldn't stick just trying to figure out what time I need to line up tomorrow to have a decent shot for first 3 rows
    Nick
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    What do they allow you to bring in? If I have a backpack with like a blanket and some provisions to hold me over, what would I do with it?
  • Got a few etiquette questions. I plan on getting there at early afternoon so I'm not talking rail here.

I have a feeling this is going to get ugly but here it goes

1) Is it OK to save a spot for your +1?
    2) Would people save your spot if you leave for 20 mins (bathroom, food, or whatever)
    3) I'm not a young anymore so I'm thinking of bringing a chair (get off my lawn!). What the heck do you do with these once they let us in?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • 1. Depends on people around you and for how long.
    2. Yes
    3. People just left them outside if they didn't have a nearby car to put them in. Not sure how cool that is or who ended up clearing them out but that's what happened.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• About 100 in line at 630 am. Many camped on street overnight. New GA craziness record.
  • Detroit Rock CityDetroit Rock City Posts: 10
    edited August 2016
    Was in GA on Saturday night. Walked in the Stadium around 6:10. Went to the merch tent on the field and got all the stuff I wanted including posters and was in 12th row Stone's side before 6:45. Didn't waste a second standing in line for hours on end on Saturday.
    Post edited by Detroit Rock City on
    East Lansing 8/18/98.......Detroit 8/23/98
    Philadelphia 9/1/00..........Detroit 10/7/00
    Cleveland 4/25/03...........Detroit 6/25/03
    Detroit 6/26/03...............Toronto 6/28/03
    Boston 7/11/03...............Hershey 7/12/03
    Toledo 10/2/04...............London 9/12/05
    Detroit 5/22/06..............Cleveland 5/9/10
    Austin 10/12/14.............Chicago 8/20/16
  • goingonsixgoingonsix Posts: 68
    edited August 2016

Was in GA on Saturday night. Walked in the Stadium around 6:10. Went to the merch tent on the field and got all the stuff I wanted including posters and was in 12th row Stone's side before 6:45. Didn't waste a second standing in line for hours on end on Saturday.

Which gate did you go through? Wondering if people can get to GA from gates other than Waveland/Sheffield.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Saw the same people as usual in the front row on Saturday night. You know, the ones who can't admit they can't have fun at Pearl Jam without being front row.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

Saw the same people as usual in the front row on Saturday night. You know, the ones who can't admit they can't have fun at Pearl Jam without being front row.

Wasn't the whole point of ga to get new faces up front? Gotta love those people!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Wasn't the whole point of ga to get new faces up front? Gotta love those people!
    Thats the narrative, but it was really about driving up memberships IMO.
  • elenelen Posts: 188
    Wondering what happens if someone show up at 8:59 claiming to be the first in line...
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
    elen said:

Wondering what happens if someone show up at 8:59 claiming to be the first in line...

I brought that up on Facebook..people hate when you ask questions like this that punch holes in the "rules". Technically i dont think there can be a 10 club sanctioned GA line before 9.
  • shmapshmap Posts: 374

Which gate did you go through? Wondering if people can get to GA from gates other than Waveland/Sheffield.
    The people around me said they walked in through another gate, and I somehow didn't think to ask them which one!
  • Was in GA on Saturday night. Walked in the Stadium around 6:10. Went to the merch tent on the field and got all the stuff I wanted including posters and was in 12th row Stone's side before 6:45. Didn't waste a second standing in line for hours on end on Saturday.

We went through the Waveland/Sheffield gate.
    East Lansing 8/18/98.......Detroit 8/23/98
    Philadelphia 9/1/00..........Detroit 10/7/00
    Cleveland 4/25/03...........Detroit 6/25/03
    Detroit 6/26/03...............Toronto 6/28/03
    Boston 7/11/03...............Hershey 7/12/03
    Toledo 10/2/04...............London 9/12/05
    Detroit 5/22/06..............Cleveland 5/9/10
    Austin 10/12/14.............Chicago 8/20/16
  • trentktrentk Posts: 62
    Can't you just walk in any gate and then down to the field? Wrist band gets you access to field and then put, but you can still move around the stadium. We saw plenty of people do that on Saturday.
  • On Saturday we went in Gate K (off waveland but nearer to Clark, not the bleacher gate) and were able to get the Field Access Wristbands right there, then immediately go left and walk under the bleachers the rest of the way. So you can go in any gate, just make sure to get the Field Access wristband when you see the people/signs stating it!
    08-29/31-24 Wrigley Field;  09-05/07-23 UC;  09-17-22 Bourbon and Beyond KY;  08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field;  08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field;  10-20-14 Bradley Center WI;  07-22-13 Wrigley Field;  09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley WI (PJ20);  06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo;  08-23/24-09 United Center;  08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater (EV solo);  08-04-07 Grant Park;  08-02-07 The Vic;  05-16/17-06 UC;  09-19-05 Air Canada Centre ON; 10-05-04 Fox Theatre MO (VfC); 06-18-03 UC;  04-23-03 Assembly Hall;  09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion PA;  06-26-98 Alpine Valley WI; 07-11-95 Soldier Field
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by DukeSpirit on
  • shmapshmap Posts: 374

When you pick up tonight's tickets are the wristbands green? Just want to make sure. Made a trade for ga and those are what I got

Yes.
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631

100% AGREE...amazing how the same people win the GA lotteries all the time
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Bubba said:

100% AGREE...amazing how the same people win the GA lotteries all the time
    You don't necessarily have to win the GA lottery to get GA. You can always buy or trade your way to GA.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680

Got a few etiquette questions. I plan on getting there at early afternoon so I'm not talking rail here.

I have a feeling this is going to get ugly but here it goes

1) Is it OK to save a spot for your +1?
    2) Would people save your spot if you leave for 20 mins (bathroom, food, or whatever)
    3) I'm not a young anymore so I'm thinking of bringing a chair (get off my lawn!). What the heck do you do with these once they let us in?

1) There was a lengthy debate in a thread back in the Spring. A lot of people are against that.... strongly even. Others seem to think it shouldnt be a big deal. Having waited in a GA marathon once myself, I would say that it is definitely not cool... at least without some sort of good reasoning (along the lines of a medical condition). I would think the further you get back and the less each spot means, it would be more and more acceptable. In the 1st 50 or so, no bueno.

2) Leaving for bathroom, food, even throwing items in a nearby hotel room seems to be OK.... as long as there is good communication and it is within reason

3) At MSG we just threw our chairs in a dumpster they brought out. People came and started taking them which was cool.
    Noload said:

mcgruff10 said:

totally agree, complete money grab.
  • BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    edited August 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

Noload said:

mcgruff10 said:

I know from speaking to various people, that there are individuals and small groups who get multiple memberships in order to enhance their chances in the GA lottery exponentially, as well as swap any extra GA tickets for GA tickets to other shows. It seems like the ticketing system encourages that, or at least leaves the door open. I went to 4 shows this past year and sat behind the stage twice. I recognized a number of "familiar faces" in the front. If the lottery is that random.... and people can only realistically hope to get 1 GA show per 'tour'... I dont know how people can dependably be up front like that playing by the rules.
    Post edited by BCBA on
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Do the GA tix come with the plastic wristband or just the thin paper one?
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    BCBA said:

mcgruff10 said:

Noload said:

mcgruff10 said:

I know from speaking to various people, that there are individuals and small groups who get multiple memberships in order to enhance their chances in the GA lottery exponentially, as well as swap any extra GA tickets for GA tickets to other shows. It seems like the ticketing system encourages that, or at least leaves the door open. I went to 4 shows this past year and sat behind the stage twice. I recognized a number of "familiar faces" in the front. If the lottery is that random.... and people can only realistically hope to get 1 GA show per 'tour'... I dont know how people can dependably be up front like that playing by the rules.

Yet another reason F5 was the far superior system.
    MG79478 said:

BCBA said:

mcgruff10 said:

Noload said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yet another reason F5 was the far superior system.
    amen!