Options

Petition for Wrigley #2 to be all covers

Come on everybody...you know we are headed there.

All covers ... All night long.

I suggest we start by repeating all the covers from Saturday night.

Get to the working overtime part.
See you all there, its going to be EPIC!

Please sign below....
1. Me.
2. My brother who is coming with me. (Eddie: he humbly requests the Devil Went Down to Georgia)

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    No. Please no. No covers.
  • Options
    HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 500
  • Options
    FadedGloryFadedGlory Chicagoland Posts: 416
    I have no real complaints about any of the Night 1 covers. "Rain" was for good cause. "Masters of War" into the fast version of "I Am a Patriot" was probably them knowing it's their last chance to get some politically charged stuff out before the election. Gotta cut some slack on those three. "Surrender" – I mean, they're playing 85 miles from Cheap Trick's birthplace. That had to be fully expected one of the nights. "Comfortably Numb" has been so in their wheelhouse since the S.A. tour that it's becoming a staple, and it's a McCready showcase song. Hard to complain about that. "Baba O'Riley" is basically more a PJ song now than a Who song. That leaves me, personally, left to be OK knocking off "I Believe in Miracles" in favor of something original.

The one cover I'd love to hear again is "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay." But I know that was a one-time-only thing in '94 because Steve Cropper was there to play it with them. But man, that was some magic: https://youtu.be/Wl3NeDo99GE

1992: Chicago, Tinley Park
    1995: Chicago
    2009: Chicago
    2013: Chicago, Worcester I+II, Los Angeles I+II
    2014: Cincinnati, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, Toronto II
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV solo)
    2018: Seattle I+II, Chicago I+II, Boston I
    2022: Chicago I+II (EV & Earthlings), Los Angeles I+II, Las Vegas (canceled), New York, St. Louis
    2023: St. Paul I+II, Chicago I+II, Indianapolis (canceled)