ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT THE EVENBROS SAGA

INFO PLEASE
THANKS

Comments

• My buddy @mfc2006 & I coined the term after PJ20.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • We were sitting in a huge field of traffic waiting to get out of Alpine & the topic of fanboys came up.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • If memory serves it wasn't discussed as something particularly negative at the time - just a funny play on words to describe big fans of the band. The boards have changed the meaning.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I believe it now refers to the large contingent of frat boys who have always turned up at PJ shows over the years. something like that
  • I believe it now refers to the large contingent of frat boys who have always turned up at PJ shows over the years. something like that

Generally unruly, very wasted behaviour.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • manitoumanmanitouman Posts: 1,085
    Or just plain ignorant to everyone around them. It's worse when they find their way into the ADA section and climb past the people in wheelchairs just to stand in front of them. Even worse is climbing over the wheelchair people and justify by telling the disabled person "just one minute so I can take a selfie." Jeezus!

Not my term but the evenbros are worse when there's evenhos running in the herd.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....

• Not my term but the evenbros are worse when there's evenhos running in the herd.

I just spit my coffee out. Fucking hilarious. Was explaining this phenomenon to my wife last night. Now have to add the Evenhos term to the explanation.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • I bought tix to Fenway 1 on line. It turns out they were ADA seats. I did not know what to expect. By no means did I intend to take a space designated for people in a w/c. I was even worried that I might get booted out for being not in a w/c. Turns out the w/c are lined up in front and companion seats are behind. No even bros made it to the section that night. Eddie gave a guy in a w/c a tambourine and then I gave the same guy my poster.

Or just plain ignorant to everyone around them. It's worse when they find their way into the ADA section and climb past the people in wheelchairs just to stand in front of them. Even worse is climbing over the wheelchair people and justify by telling the disabled person "just one minute so I can take a selfie." Jeezus!

Not my term but the evenbros are worse when there's evenhos running in the herd.

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    A guy in the bathroom around 431 wanted to fight another guy for wearing a Cardinals hat. My first experience with the evenbros

I was wearing a packers hat so i got the hell out of there lol
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • ehbacon said:

A guy in the bathroom around 431 wanted to fight another guy for wearing a Cardinals hat. My first experience with the evenbros

Reminds me of this scene from Oceans 12.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hhRBMSWpzRc
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Yeah, we made up some lyrics to Evenbros in the PJ20 lot as well. Haha
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • "Evenbros....looking like I don't wanna know" "and gently got carried away"
    www.cluthelee.com
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    ehbacon said:

You sure that wasn't Ed between encores?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    Evenbros Chicago awful! Had 5 around me and wouldn't shut up all night. Drunk. Didn't even care that a show was going on. If you wanna hang with your bros go to a damn bar
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • thebuilderthebuilder Posts: 138
    We had evenhoe's behind us last night! In fan club reserved seating and these drunk ass bitches talked the whole time!
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    I had an evenbro incident last night. Was in GA, at the rail that borders the friends/family/all access section of GA (about 15 feet back from the main rain), and had been there with my wife for hours (we flew in from Vancouver), when towards the end of the first set, 2 evenbros force their way into the rail, pushing two guys that had been there all day away. At which point evenbro #1 proclaimed to evenbro #2, "dude, you gotta piss here, if you don't piss here, it will take like 45 mins to go out to the bathroom and back" his friend then seemed apprehensious about pissing into the friends/family section (which would have notably been onto one older lady who had told us she had flown from Seattle and it was her 50th show), evenbro #1 then continues to urge evenbro #2 "c'mon man just take it out, no one will care or notice", when I say "yeah they will care, you can't piss here", at which point evenbro #1 gets in my face saying "yeah he can piss here". Resisting any urge to punch him in the face, and with his friend imminently about to piss, which would have sprayed all over the place, my wife got so disgusted she led us away from the area, and we watched the remainder of the show from the back of GA. Not the end of the world, still great view, but for a "10C members only section" I was pretty disappointed by these 2 evenbros.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • This easily makes the top 3 even bros incident list
    mwplum said:

I had an evenbro incident last night. Was in GA, at the rail that borders the friends/family/all access section of GA (about 15 feet back from the main rain), and had been there with my wife for hours (we flew in from Vancouver), when towards the end of the first set, 2 evenbros force their way into the rail, pushing two guys that had been there all day away. At which point evenbro #1 proclaimed to evenbro #2, "dude, you gotta piss here, if you don't piss here, it will take like 45 mins to go out to the bathroom and back" his friend then seemed apprehensious about pissing into the friends/family section (which would have notably been onto one older lady who had told us she had flown from Seattle and it was her 50th show), evenbro #1 then continues to urge evenbro #2 "c'mon man just take it out, no one will care or notice", when I say "yeah they will care, you can't piss here", at which point evenbro #1 gets in my face saying "yeah he can piss here". Resisting any urge to punch him in the face, and with his friend imminently about to piss, which would have sprayed all over the place, my wife got so disgusted she led us away from the area, and we watched the remainder of the show from the back of GA. Not the end of the world, still great view, but for a "10C members only section" I was pretty disappointed by these 2 evenbros.