Question about Poster Artists

ME68701ME68701 Posts: 103
Does anyone know exactly how the artists are selected to do the posters for each show? I have a couple posters from shows that I've been to and I see that they have certain artists that have done dozens of posters, but I'm not overly familiar with all the artists. Are certain artists one and done? Or, are they in agreement with artists to do posters for multiple future shows?

I have a friend who is an accomplished native american artist. His work is outstanding and is heavily influenced by his Hopi way of life. I was texting back and forth with him the other day and at some point Pearl Jam came into the discussion and I jokingly said he needs to get the attention of Pearl Jams Merchandising team so he can do one of their posters next time they do an Arizona show. After thinking about it I was thinking it really isn't a joking matter, his work is worthy. I know, I know, everyone has a friend who's a good artist, but check it out.

duanekoyawena.com

So i guess my question is, how could I get my friend exposed to the powers that be?