Wrigley - Pregnancy friendly?

Hi! My friend will be 38/39 weeks pregnant and is debating on coming to the concert with me. I have seats, probably toward the back as my number is low. She nor I have been to a concert like this. Thoughts on whether or not it would be a good idea for her to come? She is in good health, pregnancy is going well. Aside from some second hand smoke, I am guessing it will be safe. We aren't going to be in the Pits or anything? What do you all think?

Comments

• If you have to ask a predominantly anononymous message board, you already know the answer. Good luck to your friend on her impending joy.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    How would you feel if this friend went into labor at the concert?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    deadendp said:

How would you feel if this friend went into labor at the concert?

This would be my only concern. I mean, it would be fairly easy to get her to a hospital on time, but you'd both wind up missing the show.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    OMG...hell no...she's insane to go into that crowd about to give birth. That's not a good idea
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Bad idea. Doubly bad if neither of you have not been to a concert at a baseball field with the potential for bad weather (couldn't tell if you were trying to say that you have or have not been to such a concert before).
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    Insanely bad idea!!!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,687
    If she goes into labor at the show she has to name the kid, boy or girl, Booooom.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    THATS VERY PREGNANT
    i took my wife when she was 5.5 months and she was fine.. but your friend is probably too far along..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985
    hmhammell said:

Hi! My friend will be 38/39 weeks pregnant and is debating on coming to the concert with me. I have seats, probably toward the back as my number is low. She nor I have been to a concert like this. Thoughts on whether or not it would be a good idea for her to come? She is in good health, pregnancy is going well. Aside from some second hand smoke, I am guessing it will be safe. We aren't going to be in the Pits or anything? What do you all think?

To each their own, but might be playing with fire a bit there. My wife is going, but is only at 14 weeks. 38/39 is full term - give or take a week.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    hmhammell said:

totally fine. she will know the day of whether or not to go. don't buy in to all the hysteria.
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    edited August 2016
    Just please don't break water on the fans in the seats below you... :sick:
    I mean spilling some beer is one thing, water breaking is all together completely different.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PP193448 said:

Just please don't break water on the fans in the seats below you... :sick:
    I mean spilling some beer is one thing, water breaking is all together completely different.

evenflow....
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Here's a thought-- have her ask her physician.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Yeah, totally go with the 2 people who said "She should ask her physician" and "She'll know the morning of the show if she's ok". As long as you guys are on your way out of the ballpark BEFORE the last note is played, and you have fast access to either your car or a cab, and her doc sees no reason for her not to go, she should be ok. The tricky part is if you get caught in that nasty foot and car clogged traffic getting out - if for some reason she felt like she had to get home or to the hospital fast, that would be where it would be a problem.

So do yourself a favor and be heading out, or standing at the very back right at the exit, for the last couple of songs. That will help with not getting as swarmed when it's over.

By the way, this wasn't quite as urgent but it was urgent: when I was in Chicago in '07 to see PJ at Lollapalooza, it was right before PJ was about to go on, I had an exceptionally great spot to see from that of course had taken awhile to get into, and I was around some very cool people and SO excited! And then my cell phone rings and it's the friend I was staying with in Chicago, who lives about 20 minute drive from Lolla and is physically disabled, and he'd locked his keys in his car and was asking for me to drive to him and help him out. Of course I was going to help my friend, but you can IMAGINE how devastated I was about this situation and to have been that close to an amazing view of one of my fave live bands who were one of the main reasons I was in Chicago at all...only to miss it all. I told him it would take me almost an hour to get to him, since there were some 60,000 people around me and I had to work my way out of the park and get to my car, but I was on my way. I was explaining and saying goodbye to those around me when my phone rang again and he told me he'd called AAA and thought they'd get to him faster than me so I didn't have to come. And they did, and he was fine.

Relieved doesn't even describe how I felt, I was so sad! So even though it's unlikely, do realize you run the risk of your friend needing to leave during the show (it is 3 hrs after all) and just be ready for that in case it happens.

Good luck to both of you!
    The key is dilation...

The sirens scream wanton attention
    Time to take heed and change directions
    Time to take stock and make omissions

Dilation
    Dilation

Time to take leave all formal functions
    Time to plant seeds of reconstruction
    No time this time to feign reluctance

It's like you're waiting for a diamond shore to wash your way
    Bets put aside, you're evil, let's crawl into your face
    A vision, vague or not, raising a frightful wake-you-up

Time for evacuation
    Dilation
    Dilation
    Dilation

There was a solemn man who watched his twilight disappear in the sand
    Altered by a fallen eagle, a warning sign
    He sensed worry could be strength, with a plan said time for
    Dilation
    Dilation
    Dilation

• Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    My wife is 23 weeks and is going both nights on the field. I wouldnt take her GA pit, but if you have seats, I dont see the problem!

Should she go into labor, you would get a quick response from the crowd and security and I assure you'd be on your way to the hospital in no time at all!
  • Not sure, but if you'll end up in the upper deck (aisles in the 400/500) or even in the high rows (anything over 13) of the 200's you should make use of the elevator. Located on the third base side of the main concourse; that would be nearer to Waveland, Gate K, the north entrance to the ball park across from the Fire station.
    Also to note:
    First Aid is located behind home plate on the main concourse on the third-base side of Gate F. Signage identifies this area. A physician and registered nurse and emergency medical technicians are on hand for all games. First Aid also includes a family restroom that may be used by nursing mothers, individuals with accessibility needs or parents with children.

So if you're coming in from under the main marquee, it will be to your left.

I hope this helps!
    08-29/31-24 Wrigley Field;  09-05/07-23 UC;  09-17-22 Bourbon and Beyond KY;  08-18/20-18 Wrigley Field;  08-20/22-16 Wrigley Field;  10-20-14 Bradley Center WI;  07-22-13 Wrigley Field;  09-03/04-11 Alpine Valley WI (PJ20);  06-28-11 Chicago Theater EV solo;  08-23/24-09 United Center;  08-21/22-08 Auditorium Theater (EV solo);  08-04-07 Grant Park;  08-02-07 The Vic;  05-16/17-06 UC;  09-19-05 Air Canada Centre ON; 10-05-04 Fox Theatre MO (VfC); 06-18-03 UC;  04-23-03 Assembly Hall;  09-05-00 Post-Gazette Pavilion PA;  06-26-98 Alpine Valley WI; 07-11-95 Soldier Field

Not sure, but if you'll end up in the upper deck (aisles in the 400/500) or even in the high rows (anything over 13) of the 200's you should make use of the elevator. Located on the third base side of the main concourse; that would be nearer to Waveland, Gate K, the north entrance to the ball park across from the Fire station.
    Also to note:
    First Aid is located behind home plate on the main concourse on the third-base side of Gate F. Signage identifies this area. A physician and registered nurse and emergency medical technicians are on hand for all games. First Aid also includes a family restroom that may be used by nursing mothers, individuals with accessibility needs or parents with children.

So if you're coming in from under the main marquee, it will be to your left.

I hope this helps!

I'm not even going but that is really helpful advice!
    how cool would the kid that could tell the story "yeah i was born on wrigley field, actually on the field between 1st and 2nd base, wait its get better...at a pearl jam concert no less, they were playing push me pull me, serious"?
  • You can't stop her if she wants to go - but if it were my friend I'd advise against. That's awfully close to the finish line.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I actually don't see how that would be enjoyable. I know my wife was fairly uncomfortable and just ready to give birth at that point. But, to each their own.

I actually don't see how that would be enjoyable. I know my wife was fairly uncomfortable and just ready to give birth at that point. But, to each their own.

It's definitely a case by case basis. I was still working and running random errands right up to going into labor. My friend who is a midwife said she felt like she was more tired and uncomfy than I was and I was the one due any minute. It really does vary what each woman's experience is...
    JH6056 said:

I actually don't see how that would be enjoyable. I know my wife was fairly uncomfortable and just ready to give birth at that point. But, to each their own.

It's definitely a case by case basis. I was still working and running random errands right up to going into labor. My friend who is a midwife said she felt like she was more tired and uncomfy than I was and I was the one due any minute. It really does vary what each woman's experience is...
    Midwives know best!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am sure you will have no trouble getting pregnant at the show...
    Well?
  • JH6056 said:

Oh, my wife was raking the lawn after her due date to try to go into labor, but I can't imagine her sitting for 4 hours through a concert at that time.