Chicago Info

I'm making my first trip into Chicago this weekend. I'm flying into O'Hare Saturday morning.
It seems like there are some areas to stay away from but I'm completely unfamiliar with the area.

1. I'm staying at an Air bnb place on N Bernard St, It looks like its between Avondale and Irving Park, does anyone know if the area is safe?
2. Is this area within walking distance to Wrigley?
3. How is the public transit here? I'm coming from Pittsburgh and I know Chicago is massive compared to the size here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825

I'm making my first trip into Chicago this weekend. I'm flying into O'Hare Saturday morning.
    It seems like there are some areas to stay away from but I'm completely unfamiliar with the area.

1. I'm staying at an Air bnb place on N Bernard St, It looks like its between Avondale and Irving Park, does anyone know if the area is safe?
    3. How is the public transit here? I'm coming from Pittsburgh and I know Chicago is massive compared to the size here.

Avondale and Irving Park areas are fine. You won't be within walking distance to Wrigley, but will most likely be able to take a bus there.....not sure exactly where you are staying so it's hard to say which bus to take. Public transportation is everywhere with trains and buses. PM me and I can give you some more specific info if you'd like...
  • I'm making my first trip into Chicago this weekend. I'm flying into O'Hare Saturday morning.

Avondale and Irving Park areas are fine. You won't be within walking distance to Wrigley, but will most likely be able to take a bus there.....not sure exactly where you are staying so it's hard to say which bus to take. Public transportation is everywhere with trains and buses. PM me and I can give you some more specific info if you'd like...
    Agreed. The Irving park bus will take you out right to Clark street. Just a few blocks south of the intersection is wrigley.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    N Bernard is about 4 miles, or 1 hour walk, from Wrigley. It's a healthy walk through some pretty decent neighborhoods an I would recommend it. It's also in a relatively 'safe' part of town. Chicago is a big city with big city problems, don't be stupid and you'll be fine. Public transit is great, get a multi-day pass at the airport. Otherwise taxis and Ubers are easiest and quickest way to get around.
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508

Shouldn't you have done all this research before booking?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    google mapping directions from where you are staying to wrigley is a good option too.

www.google.com

will be a few miles. rent a divvy bike. perfectly safe.
    rival. said:

google mapping directions from where you are staying to wrigley is a good option too.

www.google.com

Go Pens

rival. said:

www.google.com

Go Pens
    no.
    rival. said:

rival. said:

www.google.com

Go Pens
    no.
    Ok
  • I'm making my first trip into Chicago this weekend. I'm flying into O'Hare Saturday morning.

I did research on the area. Just looking for more information because I found this place last minute. The initial Air bnb that I booked was close to Wrigleyville but they cancelled my reservation so I had to book what I could on Monday. Thanks for your help though

PM Sentl

• Thanks for the replies!

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    Seriously...I google, look on maps, do all that stuff and you can see how close things are so easily why is asking people helpful? The only thing Google Maps doesn't help with is if the area is sketchy. ANd ..yes GO PENS
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 276

I got a hotel in USA on the hot wire, why you no please tell me how to get show.
  • Thanks for the ball busting, I forgot how to spell google lol, just wanted some more info on the area. See you at Wrigley....and GO Pens!

rival. said:

rival. said:

www.google.com

Go Pens
    no.
    Ok
    K.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Thanks for the ball busting, I forgot how to spell google lol, just wanted some more info on the area. See you at Wrigley....and GO Pens!

Let me Google that for you
  • CM189191 said:

Thanks for the ball busting, I forgot how to spell google lol, just wanted some more info on the area. See you at Wrigley....and GO Pens!

Let me Google that for you
    Hahahahaha