Prepping for Wrigley - A Thank You Note 16 Years in the Making

2»

Comments

• NanouNanou Posts: 191
    You're so lucky everyone! Enjoy the show!
  • CG57610CG57610 Posts: 16
    2 more days to Wrigley! A little bump simply in hopes the thank you note gets to the guys :)
    Can't wait to see you all in Chicago for 2 incredible nights!
    23 Shows & Counting
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Weather is looking good for both shows as of now!
    Ray J. T. said:

It better stay that way cause I couldn't change my flight... :(
    Putting only positive energy out for this experience; for Joe, for Elysia, for everyone! These last 2 days of work can't go fast enough!
    23 Shows & Counting
    CG57610 said:

Ray J. T. said:

It better stay that way cause I couldn't change my flight... :(
    Putting only positive energy out for this experience; for Joe, for Elysia, for everyone! These last 2 days of work can't go fast enough!
    I had to change my flight. I am now leaving Friday night as oppose to Saturday morning. According to the weather the Thunderstorms are supposed to be pretty severe early in the morning on Saturday and don't want to chance any delays. Good luck. At least the weather calls for clear skies in the evening before the show.
    A bump for Joe & Elysia. This weekend is for both of you.
    Happy Birthday & 10 years cancer free to Elysia!
    And Joe - we know you'll be with us as always, with the best view in the house - maybe even rockin' on stage with the guys :)
    Look for us on the field at Wrigley with our EB shirts!
    23 Shows & Counting
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Thanks for this post.
    CG57610 said:

A bump for Joe & Elysia. This weekend is for both of you.
    Happy Birthday & 10 years cancer free to Elysia!
    And Joe - we know you'll be with us as always, with the best view in the house - maybe even rockin' on stage with the guys :)
    Look for us on the field at Wrigley with our EB shirts!

That's awesome. Celebrating 10 years of remission, and here is to it staying that way permanently. Enjoy, it will be epic.
    @ladydocNYC thanks for taking the time to read it ;)
    23 Shows & Counting
  • EN37000EN37000 Posts: 7
    Reading all of your comments fills my heart with Gratitude! I am in awe of this beautifully supportive community. Thank you! #musicheals Love, Elysia Skye image
  • EN37000EN37000 Posts: 7
    CRYSTAL - Thank you so much for this incredible post. You have honored Joe and I in such a way that words cannot describe. I used to joke with people who asked me why I got stage 3 cancer at 24, and I said, "It's because Pearl Jam didn't tour the US in 2005!". I don't know that they would think that was funny, BUT the point is that going to PJ shows brings me so much joy, that it is more healing than any toxic cocktail a good doctor could whip up. I got lucky with you girl. Thank you for loving me and for bringing me to two amazing shows! The best is yet to come! I love you!!! With Gratitude, Elysia Skye
    @EN37000 there you are!
    Hey PJ family - find this girl & high five her tonight for 10 years cancer free!
    23 Shows & Counting
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Great post. The emotional impact that this band has had on so many people for such a long period of time is just amazing. I will think about this story the next time somebody says "Pearl Jam, are they still around?" Yeah, buddy they sure are. Enjoy Chicago!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    :)
    What an incredible, emotional night 1!!
    A bump simply in hopes they get this thank you note - in the spirit of Eddie's closing words tonight about music healing.

See you all Monday on the field :)
    23 Shows & Counting
  • OP, did you and @Ray J. T. get to meet?
    www.cluthelee.com
    Ugh, we didn't! It was such a whirlwind of a weekend. Sitting in the airport now reflecting on every moment. So many incredible people met in GA both nights.

Eddie saw the EB shirt again, put his hands over his heart and up to the sky in thanks. <3

Seeing that gratitude fills my heart even if they never see the thank you note.

@Ray J. T. - we'll have to meet up back in FL to get thru the post tour depression that is starting to sink in.
    23 Shows & Counting
    CG57610 said:

Ugh, we didn't! It was such a whirlwind of a weekend. Sitting in the airport now reflecting on every moment. So many incredible people met in GA both nights.

Eddie saw the EB shirt again, put his hands over his heart and up to the sky in thanks. <3

Seeing that gratitude fills my heart even if they never see the thank you note.

@Ray J. T. - we'll have to meet up back in FL to get thru the post tour depression that is starting to sink in. </p>

Hopefully next show we can get this message to Ed and the rest of the band. It was still an amazing weekend. Met a lot of great people and had an absolute blast. This is definitely one I will never forget. Have a safe trip back home. And we definitely can meet up soon, and drown our sorrows on the post tour blues. Here is to the next tour. We will get this message to them on the next one.