Temple of the Dog - Forum Ticket Order Canceled

Did anybody else get an email this morning from Ticketmaster saying that their ticket order has been canceled? I had seats in the lower bowl, right next to the stage and received this earlier this morning. This freaking sucks!! No explanation other than the email below. Was so stoked to get good tickets when the public on sale happened and now have nothing.

>>Attention ticket buyer:

We’ve received a request from the Artist’s Management to cancel your order below:

Temple of the Dog
The Forum
Monday, November 14th, 2016 at 8:00 P.M.

The cancellation request has been processed and a full refund for the tickets has been issued to the card you used at the time of purchase. Please allow 7-10 business days for the credit to post to your account.

If you already received the tickets, please be advised that every ticket has a unique bar code and the barcode on the cancelled ticket(s) will not grant you access into the event.

To verify your ticket cancellation status, click here, sign into your account, and review your order status.
Questions? Please contact The Forum at 310-330-7344.
Ticketmaster Fan Support
Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Did you by chance win 10club tickets to this event as well?
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247
    Did you go over the ticket limit?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Did you purchase more than 2 tix during the Cornell presale or 4 tix total?

That sucks, sorry dude.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Did you buy more tickets than allowed? Have you called the phone # listed? Definitely update us when you find out why they cancelled your order. That really sucks!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • I didn't buy any tickets during the presale for The Forum. Did get them for SF but there were crappy seats left in LA so I went through the public on sale. I'm thinking I got bounced so they could give the tickets to someone else.
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168

I didn't buy any tickets during the presale for The Forum. Did get them for SF but there were crappy seats left in LA so I went through the public on sale. I'm thinking I got bounced so they could give the tickets to someone else.

But did you buy more than 4 tickets total to the LA show? That was the show ticket limit. If you didn't, then seems like something shady's going on with them cancelling your tickets. You should definitely call them to see what's going on.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    jeffbr said:

Did you buy more tickets than allowed? Have you called the phone # listed? Definitely update us when you find out why they cancelled your order. That really sucks!

X2
    I sure would call to get an explanation to as why your tickets were canceled.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    EM194007 said:

jeffbr said:

X2
    Yup, and if the person answering doesn't know, then have them escalate to their manager, and keep escalating until you get to the person who actually cancelled the order. If you followed the rules, and made a valid payment, then they should honor the sale. Don't take "I don't know" for an answer from them. Be a pain in the ass until you get a real answer.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141
    That blows.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    jeffbr said:

EM194007 said:

jeffbr said:

X2
    Yup, and if the person answering doesn't know, then have them escalate to their manager, and keep escalating until you get to the person who actually cancelled the order. If you followed the rules, and made a valid payment, then they should honor the sale. Don't take "I don't know" for an answer from them. Be a pain in the ass until you get a real answer.
    All of this above. Get on the phone and stay on the phone until you get an answer. They can't just take your tickets for no reason.

Hope it works out for you.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    What the ... ?!?!

Tell me, did anyone else in the household also purchase a ticket (separate account) to the same show using the same mailing addy to send the tickets too? If so .. it'll get cancelled.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Gotta be a ticket limit violation
  • dmbolp said:

Gotta be a ticket limit violation

www.cluthelee.com
  • I didn't buy any tickets during the presale for The Forum. Did get them for SF but there were crappy seats left in LA so I went through the public on sale. I'm thinking I got bounced so they could give the tickets to someone else.

Doubtful. Sorry, man.
    I'm through with screaming
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504
    edited August 2016
    Im not accusing you at all let me make that clear first, but if you or someone else you know, accidentally or intentionally tried, to go around the ticket limit, they WILL cancel your order. TM meticulously checks for that -e.g. tix in the same address, name, cc number, etc. Sorry to hear and hopefully it all works out for you. Now, if only TM can have the same attention to detail towards scalpers...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Any update?
  • demetrios said:

Any update?

Yep, called Ticketmaster over the weekend.

Long story short, I bought FIVE tickets total as some of you predicted and that's why they cancelled one of my orders.

Of course it was the one that ended up being good seats and not the 3 upper bowl tickets I got. I bought (2) pairs of a tickets and a single just in case. It was a total heat of the moment mistake because I was stressing at the on sale to get tickets. Oh well, going to San Fran for those shows so will just be happy with those. Lesson learned!
  • glennb2112glennb2112 Posts: 247

demetrios said:

Any update?

Yep, called Ticketmaster over the weekend.

Long story short, I bought FIVE tickets total as some of you predicted and that's why they cancelled one of my orders.

Of course it was the one that ended up being good seats and not the 3 upper bowl tickets I got. I bought (2) pairs of a tickets and a single just in case. It was a total heat of the moment mistake because I was stressing at the on sale to get tickets. Oh well, going to San Fran for those shows so will just be happy with those. Lesson learned!
    ahh.sorry to hear that but fortunately they did not cancel all your orders...rules are rules