Options

comeback as a new ledbetter

thecorythecory Posts: 290
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
ok hold on... nothing will be a new ledbetter. but what do you think of 'come back' used as a closer? they don't always use ledbetter. i think ' comeback' is such a good sing along and i love the idea of singing "come back come back i'll be here" as a mutual crowd/band goodbye... ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    NO!

Sorry, but Ledbetter is uplifting even if it is a farewell whereas Come Back is about death and loss to me.

It would be like replacing Auld Lang Sine with a funeral march for me.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I think that would be a hard song to sing every time and mean it. :p
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    New Ledbetter? Ha! More like the new Bugs.
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Come Back is one of the most beautiful songs by Pearl Jam. But as a closer I think that Ledbetter is better. Come Back is to sad, I would go out crying.. What I want to, is to go out smiling ready to drink;)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    If they ended the show with Come Back, I'd want my money back.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I guess it'd be fitting because if they close with that, I'm heading for the door before the show is over..
  • Options
    Personally I feel that come back is an absolutly beautiful song, and it would be a great sing-along, but it works perfect in the spot it is in, the first encore. It is that soft song that plays well into that area. NOTHING will replace ledbetter. It is soft yet hard at the same time. Plus, nothing says goodbye like a lone guitar playing a la mr. mccready
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...