Wrigley merch pop-up shops

Thought they would have announced the dates/times for the Wrigley merch by now. I need to make plans, hire babysitters, etc. come on, already...

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Cubs are playing at Wrigley until Thursday. So the earliest they could do anything around Wrigley is Friday. Maybe they'll have something somewhere else in Chicago earlier in the week???
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    Gotta a feeling today is the day. Will probably leak out and they will post to the site either today or tomorrow. I think the Cubs homestand made it a little difficult. My guess/hope is a pop up Thursday then Friday-Monday at wrigley
  • wbutler29 said:

Gotta a feeling today is the day. Will probably leak out and they will post to the site either today or tomorrow. I think the Cubs homestand made it a little difficult. My guess/hope is a pop up Thursday then Friday-Monday at wrigley

yeah today or tomorrow the Fenway details were a week prior right?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Fenway was announced 10 days before first show.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Really hoping THIS COULD BE THE DAY
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • link93 said:

website says Aug 1
  • link93link93 Posts: 410
    Go back to the merch thread and information was posted July 27

link93 said:

website says Aug 1
    It was announced on July 27th. Sales started the Tuesday before the show on Aug 2nd.
  • sorry yeah just saw it on the facebook group... website must say aug 1 cause of the update
  • JC29866JC29866 Posts: 85
    When Foo Fighters played Wrigley last summer, they had their pop-up shop in downtown Chicago
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I'm sure 10c has it figured out on what to do until after the Cubs game on Thursday
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    JC29866 said:

When Foo Fighters played Wrigley last summer, they had their pop-up shop in downtown Chicago

Where was the FF's Pop Up?

I'm sure 10c has it figured out on what to do until after the Cubs game on Thursday

Oh yeah, I'm sure. Just kinda strange that they haven't announced anything yet.
    wbutler29 said:

JC29866 said:

Right downtown on the 100 north block of state street if memory serves
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO

wbutler29 said:

JC29866 said:

That would work out well for me...my wife works right near there. Although I'm not sure I want her to know how much money I spend on PJ merch... :money:

wbutler29 said:

JC29866 said:

Yeah, just found an old article....

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/24/foo-fighters-open-pop-up-shop-in-chicago/
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985

I'm actually kind of glad it's not announced yet. Let the big time flippers sweat it out. I'd be OK with a next Friday morning announcement to the tune of ...."there's 3 pop up shops scattered about downtown/Wrigleyville. They open in 10 minutes. Locations to change daily."
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    Gtilley8 said:

I'm actually kind of glad it's not announced yet. Let the big time flippers sweat it out. I'd be OK with a next Friday morning announcement to the tune of ...."there's 3 pop up shops scattered about downtown/Wrigleyville. They open in 10 minutes. Locations to change daily."
    They did that in 2013 - Merch booth opened up a day earlier than the posted schedule. I basically jumped out of my desk, yelled some excuse like my home has a plumbing leak and ran out of the office to the stadium.
    tschav said:

Gtilley8 said:

They did that in 2013 - Merch booth opened up a day earlier than the posted schedule. I basically jumped out of my desk, yelled some excuse like my home has a plumbing leak and ran out of the office to the stadium.
    LOL. I did something similar. I was living a few blocks from Wrigley at the time and working from home that day....I pretty much sprinted down Addison to get over there when I saw that they were open. Great timing.
  • Eroom21Eroom21 Posts: 109
    On the other hand, it would be nice for those of us coming from out of town to know the schedule so we can plan.
  • CubuCubu Posts: 91
    I waited in the long line in 2013 and gave up. Found the t-shirt I wanted on Ebay the next day. The whole merchandise thing sucks. I want a poster, but there is no chance in hell of getting one, since I live to far from Wrigley. Will look online after the show. Would rather spend my time in the Captain Morgan club, then waiting for merchandise. Unfortunately the merchandise set-up is the worst part of the PJ experience.It has got real bad in the last couple of tours. Never a problem until the last couple of tours.
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809

tschav said:

Gtilley8 said:

LOL. I did something similar. I was living a few blocks from Wrigley at the time and working from home that day....I pretty much sprinted down Addison to get over there when I saw that they were open. Great timing.
    Same here. Too bad they didnt have all the posters out yet by the time I got there :(
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    Cubu said:

I waited in the long line in 2013 and gave up. Found the t-shirt I wanted on Ebay the next day. The whole merchandise thing sucks. I want a poster, but there is no chance in hell of getting one, since I live to far from Wrigley. Will look online after the show. Would rather spend my time in the Captain Morgan club, then waiting for merchandise. Unfortunately the merchandise set-up is the worst part of the PJ experience.It has got real bad in the last couple of tours. Never a problem until the last couple of tours.

Boston has given me some hope. Plenty of items produced, plenty of days to get stuff and multiple outlets. Let's hope this carries over to Wrigley.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    Yeah, I'm not sweating it as much.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    I can't imagine them not having merch availability for Wrigley. Last chances to sell off all the full tour merch and the Fenway/Wrigley shirts, etc - as well as all the Chicago specific things. Seems like even the AP/variant sales of posters are 2-3x as many as a normal show.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534

link93 said:

website says Aug 1
    It was announced on July 27th. Sales started the Tuesday before the show on Aug 2nd.
    It was July 27th? On July 28th mrtsurt posted just the soft enamel pin on Instagram. They pretty much showcase PJ's merch before pearljam.com. A sneak peak at the Fenway hat on July 29th. The cards on the 30th. July 31st (Sunday) was pretty much the day they showcased everything that will be on sale @ Fenway. Which probably means this Sunday, mrsturt will post the complete Wrigley Field Pearl Jam merchandise collection.
    demetrios said:

link93 said:

website says Aug 1
    It was July 27th? On July 28th mrtsurt posted just the soft enamel pin on Instagram. They pretty much showcase PJ's merch before pearljam.com. A sneak peak at the Fenway hat on July 29th. The cards on the 30th. July 31st (Sunday) was pretty much the day they showcased everything that will be on sale @ Fenway. Which probably means this Sunday, mrsturt will post the complete Wrigley Field Pearl Jam merchandise collection.
    Yeah you're right. I don't know where the hell I got the 27th from. Hopefully we'll hear something this weekend!
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I hope they have TONS of product like they did for Fenway. It seems like the quantities of items were more plentiful than usual for Fenway.

The more stuff that they make, they more they will sell. For this limited quantity BS.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    I imagine the product availability will be comparable to Fenway.
  • I imagine the product availability will be comparable to Fenway.

I see a much LESS product availability, at the Wrigley shows.
    I see 6-8 hour waiting in lines.
    I see posters running out on day 1 of the sales.
    I see chaos
    I see anarchy
    I see rioting on the streets of Chicago, much like the 1968 Democratic Convention.

I also see rain in the forecast.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....