Sharing this Experience with my Son

I can finally put into words how amazing it was to bring my 8 year old son to Fenway on Friday night. People were so kind to him. He was blown away by the enormity of the entire experience. (And blown away by the pot smoke, as he questioned me, "Dad, is there a skunk around here?) It was his second trip to Fenway, and first concert of his life. It was such a powerful, moving experience for both of us.

I started my passionate relationship with this band in 1990 at the age of 18. 25 years later I'm still as passionate, but I'm so fortunate to share this with my 3 kids, including my son who came with me. I was just a kid then, being a Dad was the furthest thing on my mind. Now, things have dramatically changed. Back then at UNH is was shirtless in Teva sandles and a backwards baseball hat and long hair, now I'm wearing a shirt at all times, sneakers, no hat and sadly not much hair. I jumped and pumped my first screaming "Why Go Home?!" back 25 years ago. On Friday night, I jumped, pumped my fist, screamed the words but this time, out of the corner of my eye was my 8 year old jumping, pumping and singing right along with me. "Why Go Home?!" How special is that?!

I teared up a few times. He asked me why and I simply told him how happy I was to be there with him.

That's why I love Pearl Jam. That's why I love being a Dad.
Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.