A request: Release for Wrigley 2

korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
edited August 2016 in The Porch
I know the constant request thing has grown tiresome for some people, however i feel i wouldnt be doing my duty to the woman i love if i didnt at least throw it out there. Sorry folks, this is gonna be a long one...

6 months ago Brianna and i packed up what little we had and left Chicago toward LA with no jobs, no home, and a car on its last legs. During our trip she was contacted by someone she didnt know, saying that they were related and wanted to talk to her. Brianna was born to a mother who was a drug addict, at 3 months old she was given up for adoption, luckily for her a loving family took her and a few siblings together. Though there were always questions, she moved on with her life without ever knowing her biological parents. Now, in the car on the way to California, after not knowing for 22 years, this family tries to contact her. It was actually a cousin messaging her, however prompted by her biological mother. Unsure of how to handle the situation, we decided to put it off, at least until we made it to our destination and got somewhat stable, the emotions were just to much to handle while trying to completely rebuild our own lives. Unfortunately she never got the chance, as just 6 weeks later, she was contacted again with the news that her mother had passed. After all these years of not knowing, the chance finally arrives and before we know it, its too late. She tried to stay strong, pretend it didnt bother her, but i could see the pain and woke up to her in tears in the middle of the night more than once.
Well we are finally on our feet out here and next week we fly back to Chicago for the first time. Wrigley 2 will be her first PJ show and I would love to see her Released. No need for name dropping, or sharing the story, just the song alone would mean a ton to this beautiful girl who never knew her parents, and now will never have the chance to.
Thanks, Jake.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me
Post edited by korn-1 on

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Seems as she has her very own "release" story. Seems like a song that was pretty much surely going to get played, so with that being said I hope they hold it until the 2nd night and you guys get to hear it. The power of healing in music is really truly incredible. Hope you guys get it.
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Thanks Ray!
    Keeping my fingers crossed that, whether this is seen by the right eyes or not, we'll get it night 2.
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    10 days out, lets get some love for release!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Good luck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”