Thank You Pearl Jam and Ten Club ~ Fenway shows were amazing!!

kc007kc007 Posts: 282
What an amazing weekend. Both shows were incredible! My husband and I each won 10c tickets for each night and the seats were great! The sound was amazing, it was truly an amazing experience as I have never seen a concert at a baseball park and that was my first time at Fenway Park.

Thank you and come back again soon to Boston!

And a shout out to the two 20 something Philly brothers sitting next to us (one of you shared the same birthday as me and of course our favorite leading front man, Mr. Vedder), your parents did an exceptional job raising you both and it was a pleasure for us two 'older fans' to sit near such cool, well behaved fans. These guys were the most polite, well mannered fans I've yet to meet at a show, and it was no surprise they were from Philly. Philly is one of our favorite places to visit to see a show. I've always met such nice people from Philly.

Anyway a very memorable weekend and many thanks for the Ten Club tickets!

Comments

• on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982
    Wicked good! Thank you Pearl Jam. Had a blast!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,328
    Best weekend of my life. 10c blessed me with row 1 and I'll be forever grateful. What a band and what a great community to be a part of
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,141
    This was the best two night stand I've seen from the band, and Fenway 2 is in the running for the best show I've seen them play.

Many thanks for an amazing weekend.
  • Will agree. What an amazing weekend.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    edited August 2016

This was the best two night stand I've seen from the band, and Fenway 2 is in the running for the best show I've seen them play.

I get chills even thinking about it. I have only seen 6 shows and its crazy how different each of them were in there own special way.
    PJNB said:

I get chills even thinking about it. I have only seen 6 shows and its crazy how different each of them were in there own special way.
    Agreed.

It's all subjective I know, and the whole "best show ever" cliché is more than a little played out, but only one show I've seen can compare to Sunday night's setlist, energy, crowd etc. & that was Hartford '13.

This band just continues to amaze, and I'm grateful to have had the chance to see them as much as I have.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    That might have been the most fun I've ever had.

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 1,946
    These shows were definitely in my personal top ten. ;)

Honestly, though, I would like to echo the OP's thank you to the band and the Ten Club. While I didn't get tickets to the shows through 10c (membership issues), I did get on the list for the viewing party on Saturday, which was an awesome chance to relive the show (and from much closer, to boot)! My wife and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend, in epic style, thanks to PJ and the Ten Club!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • kc007kc007 Posts: 282
    nicknyr15 said:

Best weekend of my life. 10c blessed me with row 1 and I'll be forever grateful. What a band and what a great community to be a part of

Wow!!! That is awesome for you! I've been on rail before, but the concept of being front row with a designated seat and not having to wait an insane amount of time must have made for an even better experience! And at a place like Fenway Park, I'd say that's really winning the lottery! Kinda wish sometimes the lottery was for seats in front row, but then again, I've always had a really fun time waiting line in GA and meeting other PJ peeps.

:)
  • pencostpencost Posts: 1
    Brought our kids to their first ever show on Sunday: The show was perfection..... My kids were beyond awed.... Fenway... WOW! what an incredible venue - the sound, the crowd....... Amazing.
    MP59559 said:

Honestly, though, I would like to echo the OP's thank you to the band and the Ten Club. While I didn't get tickets to the shows through 10c (membership issues), I did get on the list for the viewing party on Saturday, which was an awesome chance to relive the show (and from much closer, to boot)! My wife and I celebrated our anniversary this weekend, in epic style, thanks to PJ and the Ten Club!

well I've only been to 14 shows, but Fenway 2 is my top 2 right now, just an incredible show and the sound was different than any previous show I have seen, it must have been a combination of outdoors and where my seats were. I had no expectations whatsoever about my seats, as I was just glad to be in the venue, and I was thrilled with the location. I could see everything and usually that is a problem when you are sitting in seats, Fenway is a pretty great place to see a show, even the roof top was great, we walked up there before show started and was impressed with the views.
    kc007 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Wow!!! That is awesome for you! I've been on rail before, but the concept of being front row with a designated seat and not having to wait an insane amount of time must have made for an even better experience! And at a place like Fenway Park, I'd say that's really winning the lottery! Kinda wish sometimes the lottery was for seats in front row, but then again, I've always had a really fun time waiting line in GA and meeting other PJ peeps.

:)
    My hands were shaking when I opened up that envelope and saw my seats. My wife started crying lol.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,840
    For all the minor bitching about little things, they definitely learned and applied a lot of great systems in place to make Fenway an amazing weekend.

Merch improvements (quantity and sales availability), ticket pickup opportunities, last second presale to those that missed out, free fanclub-only HOB viewing party, great sound in a ballpark setting, unique setlist moments, unique guest appearances, 65+ songs over 6 hours...

Think about all of that. That's a huge accomplishment. I can only imagine what Wrigley will bring, and I'm glad I have a few weeks to recover and rest for it.
  • Can't beat the view. How was the sound up so close ? I saw Jane's Addiction in the front row. Sound sucked , but further rows back sound was was great.
    nicknyr15 said:

• mpedonempedone Posts: 1,946
    kc007 said:

MP59559 said:

well I've only been to 14 shows, but Fenway 2 is my top 2 right now, just an incredible show and the sound was different than any previous show I have seen, it must have been a combination of outdoors and where my seats were. I had no expectations whatsoever about my seats, as I was just glad to be in the venue, and I was thrilled with the location. I could see everything and usually that is a problem when you are sitting in seats, Fenway is a pretty great place to see a show, even the roof top was great, we walked up there before show started and was impressed with the views.
    Sunday night was my 9th. Seems like a lot to my wife (who's been to 3 now), but poking around on here, I'm basically a neophyte (an odd thing to say, since I've been a fan since '94, just haven't been able to afford to go to multiple shows each tour). The shows were phenomenal, and I'm so glad we were able to get tickets on the secondary market. Paid an arm and a leg (and had a post directly in front of one of our seats Sunday - very glad for the vidscreens!), but it was TOTALLY worth it.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

Can't beat the view. How was the sound up so close ? I saw Jane's Addiction in the front row. Sound sucked , but further rows back sound was was great.

nicknyr15 said:

Sound was incredible. Every now and then I turned around to remind myself there were 40k people. At times it felt like a private show. No words. Just incredible. Forever grateful for that opportunity.
  • jp307677jp307677 Posts: 417
    Both shows were unbelieveable. 12th and 13th shows for me. I'm leaning toward Fenway #1 being my personal favorite I've ever been to. The first 6 songs played in that setting was just surreal.
  • WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 133
    Phenomenal weekend! Thank you for two awesome nights inside the best park in baseball! Thank you Pearl Jam and thank you 10 Club!
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    Two great shows and a great weekend with close friends. Thank you Pearl Jam.
  • I've never had more fun at a concert than I did on Friday and Sunday. I really, really hope that they turn this into an annual summer thing.
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    Hey guys, what a great show on Sunday Aug 7th! Had an absolutely unreal experience as it was my 42nd birthday and won the 10C ticket lottery as we sat front row Sec A3, directly in front of Stone. That in itself was amazing, including an incredible setlist. It got even better as while the band was playing Breath, Eddie walked our way and my wife tossed your sunglasses on stage in front of him. Yep, that was my wife! If you guys recall, he proceeded to put them on for a second and then tossed them back to us. Crazy and she went ballistic! Then during Rockin in the Free World, Ed and I exchanged chest pumps as he noticed my birthday pin on my shirt. During the next guitar exchange, he came to his left and tossed me the 2nd tambourine he threw into the crowd......it was unreal, and of course an experience I will never for forget! Fenway, front row, my birthday, and these beautiful experiences happen to us! Phenomenal and mind blowing!
    If anyone has video up close during "Rockin in the Free World", would love to connect to see footage. We were out of memory and picture room on our phones, so we couldn't get any video at that point, which sucked. Some of the dudes around me took pics of us as well, so would love to get those...long shot, I know, but you never know as the community in the 10C is unbelievable!! Let me know PJers and see you at the next show
    SimmZ
    tschav said:

For all the minor bitching about little things, they definitely learned and applied a lot of great systems in place to make Fenway an amazing weekend.

Merch improvements (quantity and sales availability), ticket pickup opportunities, last second presale to those that missed out, free fanclub-only HOB viewing party, great sound in a ballpark setting, unique setlist moments, unique guest appearances, 65+ songs over 6 hours...

Think about all of that. That's a huge accomplishment. I can only imagine what Wrigley will bring, and I'm glad I have a few weeks to recover and rest for it.

I will admit, I panicked and got in merch line early, not once, but twice and then again on show days to look for stuff that was sold out (pins, buttons), lol Had to pick up few items for friends who were either not at show or working and couldn't get to merch line and each time I dropped more $$. I was feeling a little guilty at all the $$ I spent on merch, thinking do I really need every T-shirt? But after the two shows, I can say the merch has even more sentimental value to me now and I hope any excess winds up this site so I can get some more stickers and pis, as I've given a few away already.

I guess I always justify spending a ton of $$$ on merch because if I am lucky enough to win 10C lottery tickets that means I am not spending $$$ on stub hub and can spend that $$ on T-shirts and posters.

But yeah, the merch was the most organized, well thought out system I have ever seen. There was something for everyone, even if a few items went quickly.

But I did miss seeing the big red merch truck, that always makes me smile. :)
  • SimmZSimmZ Posts: 41
    nicknyr15 said:

Awesome, we were front row on Sunday. Which night were you and where were your seats?
    SimmZ
    SimmZ said:

Hey guys, what a great show on Sunday Aug 7th! Had an absolutely unreal experience as it was my 42nd birthday and won the 10C ticket lottery as we sat front row Sec A3, directly in front of Stone. That in itself was amazing, including an incredible setlist. It got even better as while the band was playing Breath, Eddie walked our way and my wife tossed your sunglasses on stage in front of him. Yep, that was my wife! If you guys recall, he proceeded to put them on for a second and then tossed them back to us. Crazy and she went ballistic! Then during Rockin in the Free World, Ed and I exchanged chest pumps as he noticed my birthday pin on my shirt. During the next guitar exchange, he came to his left and tossed me the 2nd tambourine he threw into the crowd......it was unreal, and of course an experience I will never for forget! Fenway, front row, my birthday, and these beautiful experiences happen to us! Phenomenal and mind blowing!
    If anyone has video up close during "Rockin in the Free World", would love to connect to see footage. We were out of memory and picture room on our phones, so we couldn't get any video at that point, which sucked. Some of the dudes around me took pics of us as well, so would love to get those...long shot, I know, but you never know as the community in the 10C is unbelievable!! Let me know PJers and see you at the next show

Congrats! I am sure as people get home from travelling, more you tube videos will surface!!! Hopefully someone snapped some photos too!
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Thanks PJ ... never once in my experience have you failed to deliver. Met Mike on Saturday ... a true gentleman.
    Love is all you need.....
  • I've never had more fun at a concert than I did on Friday and Sunday. I really, really hope that they turn this into an annual summer thing.

These were shows 27 and 28 for me starting in 1994. Lifelong Red Sox fan and being able to share this with my wife on Friday and my oldest son on Sunday were a dream come true...I agree on the most fun at a concert part and would love for this to turn into an annual summer thing!
  • Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    HAIL HAIL
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    Congrats to all involved. The band, crew, 10c, everyone.

The band was tight, the sound was awesome, merch was very very well organized - lots of places to buy, quantity practically always available. Aces all around for everyone.

I would agree with what someone said above. This was the best two night stand I have ever seen and I am thankful. I've been wishing for PJ at Fenway for more than ten years... That leads to really high expectations and they were still exceeded.

Now I need to find a ticket to the Wrigley shows. I can't miss them now.
    maverick said:

Congrats to all involved. The band, crew, 10c, everyone.

The band was tight, the sound was awesome, merch was very very well organized - lots of places to buy, quantity practically always available. Aces all around for everyone.

I would agree with what someone said above. This was the best two night stand I have ever seen and I am thankful. I've been wishing for PJ at Fenway for more than ten years... That leads to really high expectations and they were still exceeded

Now I need to find a ticket to the Wrigley shows. I can't miss them now.

Yeah, for them to have actually exceeded expectations is pretty remarkable.

I love this f'ing band.
  • jp307677jp307677 Posts: 417
    I was driving today and thinking how great these two shows were with so many highlights and memorable moments between the weekend. Then I thought of so many songs, so many they didn't even touch that I absolutely love...
    This band's catalog is so deep. They could put on two shows at Wrigley and barely play any of the same songs and still have legendary shows. They're the best