How great was it to have reserved floor back for a few shows!?

No camping out
No line lists
No cutting
No running
No whining
No sitting on concrete all day in a nice city
No not drinking
No not peeing
No drama
No ass to nuts for 3 hours

And people get a chance at the lottery, the old timers get to be 3rd and 4th row again without any drama. I was pretty far back but I'll take that over all the ga drama
Ga is cool but kinda wish they'd split it 50/50 ga and reserved to mix it up instead of doing 95% of shows all ga. I like showing up at 7:30 and having a place to put my drink.
'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
'06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
'09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
'11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
'14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
'16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
'17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1

Comments

• kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    I think it was great unless you were working security along the rail, in which case you had to shoo people back to their seats every ten seconds.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    edited August 2016
    I didn't see anyone shooing people out of the rail last night.

I like GA a lot because I don't care about being 15 feet vs 5 feet from the band. I had GA in Philly 2, walked in an hour before the show, got a shirt, went down to the floor and was 15 feet away from the band without any pushing. You only do the crap above about waiting in line etc. if you want the rail or want to be 2nd or 3rd back which is a total of 6 feet. Say you're unlucky and the GA floor is "full" it's still only half full and you're a total of 20-40 feet back 6-8 "rows) and can come and go as you please.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    GA all day everyday day
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    JM55546 said:

I like GA a lot because I don't care about being 15 feet vs 5 feet from the band. I had GA in Philly 2, walked in an hour before the show, got a shirt, went down to the floor and was 15 feet away from the band without any pushing. You only do the crap above about waiting in line etc. if you want the rail or want to be 2nd or 3rd back which is a total of 6 feet. Say you're unlucky and the GA floor is "full" it's still only half full and you're a total of 20-40 feet back 6-8 "rows) and can come and go as you please.

Yep, I've never understood the all-day line-sitters.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • JM55546 said:

Loved it, but I was one of the truly lucky ones, so probably not fair to ask.

But, how about the handful of people that sat out all day Saturday to be up close for a movie? I mean it was great reliving it, but still - they may have ended up in the worst spot of anyone unless they knew to grab the seats on the 3rd floor,which they could have done without waiting so much.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816

GA all day everyday day

You are crazy bud! Seats were awesome the past two nights.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

JM55546 said:

But, how about the handful of people that sat out all day Saturday to be up close for a movie? I mean it was great reliving it, but still - they may have ended up in the worst spot of anyone unless they knew to grab the seats on the 3rd floor,which they could have done without waiting so much.
    People camped out to be close to a movie screen?! Wtf
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    I so agree. I hit the lottery and got row 2 A4 for N2 and it was nice to have my little space guaranteed, while being feet from the band. Without those seats I'd never get that close because I'd never do an all day GA wait. It's bad I enough I have to wait so long (sometimes) for merch. Glad it was in my hometown.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I do like GA better but it was nice going to the bathroom, getting a few more beers and being able to come back to the same spot.
    NYPJ
    JM55546 said:

I was 3rd row in the aisle between A4 and A3. They weren't shooing people off the *rail*, but as people would come from the further rows to stand at or around the first few rows in the aisle (which was the only space available) the security guards would come send them back to their assigned seats.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
    wall232 said:

I do like GA better but it was nice going to the bathroom, getting a few more beers and being able to come back to the same spot.

This is the key for me - not having to wade through a mountain of people on your way back and having to *prove* to people that you're just going back to where you were.
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

GA all day everyday day

This.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    mcgruff10 said:

GA all day everyday day

I stood the whole time anyway. And my 10C number sucks!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• mcgruff10 said:

JM55546 said:

Yup. I stopped by around 2ish to pu my tix for Sunday and there were a few sitting by the door. I guess they knew something they didn't know.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited August 2016
    GA is cooler. I'm happy with the Wrigley setup.
    nycrats said:

Ga is cool but kinda wish they'd split it 50/50 ga and reserved to mix it up instead of doing 95% of shows all ga. I like showing up at 7:30 and having a place to put my drink.

wait what? You can go Reserved for any non festival show. I don't understand this.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,811

We walked by that around 4:00 on our way to meet up with friends at The Verb. Had some food, some drinks, caught up, and headed back to HOB around 6:45-7:00. Line was pretty damn long at that point, but we got in, took our time, and ended up in the middle of the floor. Not sure why people were so anxious for that.

How does GA work for 10c tickets? Are they all GA? Are some in the reserved section behind GA? The only time I've ever gotten 10c tickets has been all reserved.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

GA all day everyday day

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    mcgruff10 said:

JM55546 said:

They camped out on the hope that the band would show.
  • Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471

GA all day everyday day

"I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • I approve this message
    nycrats said:

No camping out
    No line lists
    No cutting
    No running
    No whining
    No not drinking
    No not peeing
    No drama

And people get a chance at the lottery, the old timers get to be 3rd and 4th row again without any drama. I was pretty far back but I'll take that over all the ga drama

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Everyone who loves GA or who can walk in 45 min before showtime and still get a great spot, obviously none of you are only 5' tall! I always ask for reserved seats, and really appreciate when the floor is reserved (as long as there are lotteries for the first few rows and not public onsale which eventually just goes to highest bidder). The chaos and energy of a GA floor is fun and in some ways is more magical (I've waited all day for that, but had to, or else all I'd see is the back of someone's shirt), but it's great not to have to worry about being able to see and being able to go to bathroom or walk around to find friends before show and not have to fight your way back to your spot, then get there and still hardly be able to see anything but backs of heads and backs.

Reserved all day every day! :)
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    nycrats said:

No camping out
    No line lists
    No cutting
    No running
    No whining
    No not drinking
    No not peeing
    No drama

You can do the back of GA the same way... and move from side to side (at most venues). I prefer that over reserved floor seats behind GA.

Now I'll would take nice Reserved on the side a couple rows up any day.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Agreed. Loved it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    nycrats said:

No camping out
    No line lists
    No cutting
    No running
    No whining
    No not drinking
    No not peeing
    No drama

This is so spot on! Seats/ga 50/50
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    myoung321 said:

nycrats said:

No camping out
    No line lists
    No cutting
    No running
    No whining
    No not drinking
    No not peeing
    No drama

You can do the back of GA the same way... and move from side to side (at most venues). I prefer that over reserved floor seats behind GA.

Now I'll would take nice Reserved on the side a couple rows up any day.
    i guess you didnt have ga in philly.. ass to nuts even in the back of the floor
    ehbacon said:

GA is cooler. I'm happy with the Wrigley setup.

nycrats said:

wait what? You can go Reserved for any non festival show. I don't understand this.
    yes but this thread is about reserved FLOOR seating.

mcgruff10 said:

GA all day everyday day

I stood the whole time anyway. And my 10C number sucks!!!
    i stood the whole time too, im not looking for an actual seat (although its nice to have someplace to stick a drink under), i just like the idea of that 2ft x 2 ft or whatever spot all night, same place, and no ass to nuts..
    All that being said, if any kind soul had an extra ga for wrigley 1, well I'd just be the most psyched ever.
    Thought I had a line on one but looking like it fell thru
    I gotta think anyone 100k or lower REALLY liked this.
    nycrats said:

I gotta think anyone 100k or lower REALLY liked this.

I m 139xxx and loved it. Different people in the first two rows every show; what s not to love?