Alternative to iTunes...

I'm sick of itunes not liking how I arrange my boots and hiding "Pearl Jam" from my list of artists?!?

Anyone use wondershare or mediamonkey? Preference? Pros & cons?
I mean I dare you to sing "Black" and not feel it.
I dare you.
I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough.
It doesn't work.

Comments

• Listen to more physical media!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Hard to bring records in the car...
    I dare you.
    It doesn't work.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Lucky One said:

Hard to bring records in the car...

Do you have a USB port on your car stereo?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Nope.
    I dare you.
    It doesn't work.
    Lucky One said:

Nope.

The right answer(s) will depend on the technology in your car.

What are you trying to accomplish? Use your phone or head unit as as the interface? Stream or files? Too many unknowns to give you a good answer
  • I am using my iphone like an ipod. So I'm just jacking it into the stereo. So I'm looking for a more user friendly interface to organize my files.
    I dare you.
    It doesn't work.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie Posts: 1,528
    Are you just using an AUX input or does your car have iPod integration? If you're just AUXing it you can use Plex. Great iPhone app and I've never had any issues with it's organization. You basically run a Plex server on a NAS or a computer at your house then create a library, import all your music from iTunes and run the app on your iPhone and either sync the content to your phone or stream it from your home network.
  • Um...so I've made some bad life decisions...I'm on a cassette tape adapter...

I just got a lotta boots I like to carry with me. I don't like to stream because I don't have good coverage everywhere I drive.

Plex looks like it might be more than I need, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

I dare you.
    It doesn't work.
  • moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    iTunes reorganized Pearl Jam so it's under 'J' instead of 'P' for me. :/
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023

iTunes reorganized Pearl Jam so it's under 'J' instead of 'P' for me. :/

Look at the section "Sorting" under "Get Info" and see if it is listed as Jam Pearl or something weird like that.
    Lucky One said:

Um...so I've made some bad life decisions...I'm on a cassette tape adapter...

I just got a lotta boots I like to carry with me. I don't like to stream because I don't have good coverage everywhere I drive.

Plex looks like it might be more than I need, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

Plex is a big commitment. If you're just having sorting issues with iTunes look under the tabs on Get Info and see what they say and whether they reflect what you want. Name your boots all consistently with dates and they should sort fine. I usually do year-month-day such as 2016-08-08. Then they will be sorted by date and easier to find. Not sure what you mean about it hiding Pearl Jam in the artist list. Make sure "album artist" is populated with Pearl Jam. Maybe that will help.
  • RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640

Name your boots all consistently with dates and they should sort fine. I usually do year-month-day such as 2016-08-08. Then they will be sorted by date and easier to find. Not sure what you mean about it hiding Pearl Jam in the artist list. Make sure "album artist" is populated with Pearl Jam. Maybe that will help.

This is exactly what I do, and it keeps it sorted perfectly in chronological order. Never had any problems.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    iTunes is awful. I banned it from any of my devices years ago. Buy a cheap .mp3 player if you're just using it like an iPod and manage the files manually.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 said:

iTunes is awful. I banned it from any of my devices years ago. Buy a cheap .mp3 player if you're just using it like an iPod and manage the files manually.

I agree with this. Get a 4gb SanDisk Sansa product with expandable storage for $35 and load pretty much any file type. Battery lasts a long time too