• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,184
    I love Daniel Tiger
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617

I love Daniel Tiger

Nope. Glad my kids are past that.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

I love Daniel Tiger

Nope. Glad my kids are past that.
    Well mine is 3 & we're just getting started!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Oh these threads where people complain about other people complaining.....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Where's that swinger guy when you need him. Perhaps he can lighten the mood with his suave & charming whateveryoucallit.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=JEdBndu0YUM
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

I like Pearl Jam

Dude! Dj I was thinking about bumping your believe thread. This would be fantastic! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Oh these threads where people complain about other people complaining.....

:lol:

Also wanted to add outside people OUTSIDE!!!! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE AND HEAR AND EXPERIENCE PJ OUTSIDE!!!!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Loved last night. Like many of you I organized my life and made a trip. We all have stuff going on in our personal lives and every single one of us knows that making these arrangements are never easy. Once that first note of Release began I had the same thought I have at every show..."thank god for giving me the chance to see just one more show". None of us know which one will be our last. For some of us it could have been last night. In a couple of weeks the tour will be over without any new dates on the horizon. For me I recognize there are no guarantees in life so I'm going to continue to see each performance as just one more in a series of small miracles.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I think PJ does a great job of crafting the setlist. The covers, surprises with special guests ect. I've seen them 6 times, and every show is fun because I don't know what to expect. I walk out just in awe. Many bands, craft 1 standard set and on average it's probably 20 songs, and pearl jam give us 30+ songs a show now. My first show in 2000, they gave us 28 songs, well 29 if you count the improv. Around that time, that was the longest show I had seen a band play. The band also tries, to cater to the overall environment of the crowd, and I think the band does a great job of doing that as well. Just my two cents. Can't wait to see them again, as I wasn't able to do this tour.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,665
    JC38557 said:

It is a fanbase that is getting older and as people age and they reflect on their likely miserable lives, they end up complaining about everything. Forget them, they are wrong and selfish. What Pearl Jam did last night was incredible. To leave that show and think anything but, "I saw something special last night," is absurd.

It wasn't my favorite all time PJ show but it is up there.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,665
    edited August 2016
    WEAPONX24 said:

The show was solid but the setlist didn't flow as well as previous shows I've seen. Not saying it was terrible, it just seemed different and more mellow then the other 13 times I've seen them. I'll be honest, being from Philly I am a bit spoiled. They always bring it in Philly. Rarities, covers, basic album songs...Never seen a bad show from them there. So hopefully Sunday they bring it and blow the doors off of Fenway!

Really? Cause they don't always bring it in Boston, Chicago, NY?? WTF do you think Philly is more special to PJ then those 3 cities, cause it's not!! Last time I checked Fenway and Wrigley are the only 2 stadium cities on this tour! Maybe Philly might've got one but, they don't have a shrine to play to, guess their not as special as you think! Rarities, Covers, Basic album tracks?? Ok...Rarities- Strangest Tribe 3rd time ever, All Those Yesterdays, Low Light=check, Covers-Is 7 enough? including a fucking amazing MOW and I've Got A Feeling=check, Basic Album Tracks(assume you mean not big hits)- Faithful, I Am Mine, Life Wasted, Grievance, SOLAT, Down=check...You are getting owned here if I say so myself! Btw I was at all 4 Spectrum shows and none of them were as special as last night!
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Some people would complain if you hung 'em with a silk rope. What are gonna do?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,468
    I agree with the OP. When I learned there were no west coast shows this year which is where I live I decided to bite the bullet and go to super bowl of PJ concerts, MSG2. I bought tickets from stub hub, airfare, hotel etc and off I went with all my expectations. When I saw the awesome set list from night one my expectations shot through the roof. What I ended up getting on night 2 was not a set list to end all set lists. What I got was another great set list from a great band and another great performance! I didn't walk away thinking why didn't they play for 5 hours and play 14 of my white whale songs. After all I had come so far??? I didn't walk away thinking why did they play Just Breathe and Sleeping By Myself back to back as it killed all the momentum. Sheeeez people!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    Alot of people are missarable..we say in greece..they like to eat their clothes..cos they cant find anything to be happy
    Just ignore them and enjoy your life
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Alot of people are missarable..we say in greece..they like to eat their clothes..cos they cant find anything to be happy
    Just ignore them and enjoy your life

Fuck Cincy

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2016
    Makes no sense without the quote so reposting!
    Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options

My feelings exactly about last night. I'm a bit spoiled with the philly shows so the mellow set list last night wasn't ideal but still awesome. Would love to go Sunday too...posted elsewhere if anyone wants to trade Sunday fenway tix for temple of the dog philly 2 let me know!

Don't know if you found anything but head down to Fenway early, ask about, check your phone for drops etc and I'm sure you'll find something.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    I think this post is jaded. Hike your own hike.
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    vito said:

WEAPONX24 said:

The show was solid but the setlist didn't flow as well as previous shows I've seen. Not saying it was terrible, it just seemed different and more mellow then the other 13 times I've seen them. I'll be honest, being from Philly I am a bit spoiled. They always bring it in Philly. Rarities, covers, basic album songs...Never seen a bad show from them there. So hopefully Sunday they bring it and blow the doors off of Fenway!

Really? Cause they don't always bring it in Boston, Chicago, NY?? WTF do you think Philly is more special to PJ then those 3 cities, cause it's not!! Last time I checked Fenway and Wrigley are the only 2 stadium cities on this tour! Maybe Philly might've got one but, they don't have a shrine to play to, guess their not as special as you think! Rarities, Covers, Basic album tracks?? Ok...Rarities- Strangest Tribe 3rd time ever, All Those Yesterdays, Low Light=check, Covers-Is 7 enough? including a fucking amazing MOW and I've Got A Feeling=check, Basic Album Tracks(assume you mean not big hits)- Faithful, I Am Mine, Life Wasted, Grievance, SOLAT, Down=check...You are getting owned here if I say so myself! Btw I was at all 4 Spectrum shows and none of them were as special as last night!
    What's funny is how pissed and offended you're getting over someone else's opinion. They were not as tight as they usually are night #1. It's not a slight or a knock, just an observation. That's what makes seeing live music interesting! I'm not saying they love Philly more or less then NYC, Chicago, or Boston or anywhere else for that matter. If you re read my post I said it was a solid show, just more mellow then what I've usually seen from them, and that I am fortunate to have seen the different setlist a they bring to the table when playing in Philly. I get it that you like to keep track of how many times you've seen each individual song. People have to have hobbies. As far as getting owned I hardly think that's the case. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it just like you're entitled to yours. Congrats on going to all four spectrum shows.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    vito said:

WEAPONX24 said:

Btw I was at all 4 Spectrum shows and none of them were as special as last night!
    I was at all 4 Spectrum shows too and I disagree with your opinion.

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:

I have never heard that phrase before "hike your own hike" but I like it!
  • Options
    chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    Agreed, I said it in a different thread, people seem upset because they are following the rules and not staying 30 minutes past curfew. If they did a 32 song set with this song selection in any of the tours from 2006-2012, this is hands down regarded as a top 3 setlist
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    Just because people have differing opinions doesn't mean they don't love and respect the band. What a boring world if everyone agreed on everything. And to be chastised for disagreeing is....well...figure that one out for yourselves.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    KP_McMinn said:

Just because people have differing opinions doesn't mean they don't love and respect the band. What a boring world if everyone agreed on everything. And to be chastised for disagreeing is....well...figure that one out for yourselves.

What they said. And "hike your own hike", I'll be borrowing that! Never heard it before but I like it.
  • Options
    I read these posts, comments and find it really interesting as I come from two very different perspectives. As a Pearl Jam fan and also as the person who runs Given To Live.

The PJ fan in me wants the best possible setlist for me and if I'm with friends who're aching to hear x and they get it I'm so happy for them. With shows 30/31 coming up for me I've had pretty much all the songs I'd have put on a PJ wishlist. I also feel like I was very spoiled with the shows I went to in 13/14. Does it get any better than Leeds? Berlin gave me Hold On which I love and never dreamed of hearing until that morning when I had a hunch.

For me, I prefer the energy of European crowds and also it's more packed which means the crowd takes some of the strain off my aging knees (I'd happily, and have done, queue for hours for the rail because yes, I love being close but also my knees love it!) but if I come to the US to see a show all I can be is grateful to be there. That's a privilege, not a given. Traveling to a show is a gift. Sometimes it's worth remembering that not everyone can. But if we can, that gift is huge. Music we love, a fan community that few other bands have, varied setlists, great merch that it's our choice to buy or stand in line for.

My other perspective is the Given To Live perspective. I started GTL for many reasons and high up on the list of reasons was knowing that there are so many people who can never get to a show. Ever. So many more can't without the help of a carer, support worker. And if we think it's hard getting tix imagine if you need an ADA/accessible ticket when often there's barely 100 spaces in the building and then usually you'll only be able to get a pair so you can't go with your friends, a family can't go together simply because someone is different. And don't start me on seeing ADA tix on stubhub etc! Next weekend GTL is taking people to two different shows. Neil to Boomtown, Warren to Bloodstock. Neither would be able to go without GTL's help.

I'm blessed to be able to go to shows I want to. With my history I'm lucky to be alive and luckier still to have good health overall. Even so, I know I'll still have expectations and want songs x,y and z at Wrigley and my 'perfect' poster.

I also know that even though GTL is small and doesn't have sponsors or huge donors I'm blessed to be doing this work. I also know Warren and Neil won't be worrying about the energy of the crowd, the merch lines, the setlist. Warren has a mental health diagnosis and has been in care, hospital or supported living for over half his life, he'll be 28 on 16/8 and we're making sure his day at Blodstock on 14th is his birthday day and he's going to be spoiled rotten. Neil is 44 and got diagnosed with inoperable cancer in May and given 12 months to live. He had one wish
    Given To Live -

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    Here's what's fun for me: Going to a Pearl Jam show and seeing the same four guys who played my first Pearl Jam show in 1995. I was 18 years old.

At this point in my life, I just like to be back in the head space again for three hours. The songs they play are largely secondary to that. I figure in the span of 30 songs, I'll find something worth the price of admission.

I've never been disappointed in that respect.

Of course, if you go in determined to be pissed off about something, you probably will be. Life's too short, IMO.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Cheers, Tom. Thanks (as always) for your eloquence and your efforts.

Both make a difference, have an effect.
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    Now THAT was EPIC!!! Great energy from the band and from the crowd. Give and take all night. Perfect setlist. Blew the doors off Fenway. No let up whatsoever. The band was fucking on it and the crowd reciprocated perfectly. Phenomenal night #2!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,739
    IamTom said:

I read these posts, comments and find it really interesting as I come from two very different perspectives. As a Pearl Jam fan and also as the person who runs Given To Live.

The PJ fan in me wants the best possible setlist for me and if I'm with friends who're aching to hear x and they get it I'm so happy for them. With shows 30/31 coming up for me I've had pretty much all the songs I'd have put on a PJ wishlist. I also feel like I was very spoiled with the shows I went to in 13/14. Does it get any better than Leeds? Berlin gave me Hold On which I love and never dreamed of hearing until that morning when I had a hunch.

For me, I prefer the energy of European crowds and also it's more packed which means the crowd takes some of the strain off my aging knees (I'd happily, and have done, queue for hours for the rail because yes, I love being close but also my knees love it!) but if I come to the US to see a show all I can be is grateful to be there. That's a privilege, not a given. Traveling to a show is a gift. Sometimes it's worth remembering that not everyone can. But if we can, that gift is huge. Music we love, a fan community that few other bands have, varied setlists, great merch that it's our choice to buy or stand in line for.

My other perspective is the Given To Live perspective. I started GTL for many reasons and high up on the list of reasons was knowing that there are so many people who can never get to a show. Ever. So many more can't without the help of a carer, support worker. And if we think it's hard getting tix imagine if you need an ADA/accessible ticket when often there's barely 100 spaces in the building and then usually you'll only be able to get a pair so you can't go with your friends, a family can't go together simply because someone is different. And don't start me on seeing ADA tix on stubhub etc! Next weekend GTL is taking people to two different shows. Neil to Boomtown, Warren to Bloodstock. Neither would be able to go without GTL's help.

I'm blessed to be able to go to shows I want to. With my history I'm lucky to be alive and luckier still to have good health overall. Even so, I know I'll still have expectations and want songs x,y and z at Wrigley and my 'perfect' poster.

I also know that even though GTL is small and doesn't have sponsors or huge donors I'm blessed to be doing this work. I also know Warren and Neil won't be worrying about the energy of the crowd, the merch lines, the setlist. Warren has a mental health diagnosis and has been in care, hospital or supported living for over half his life, he'll be 28 on 16/8 and we're making sure his day at Blodstock on 14th is his birthday day and he's going to be spoiled rotten. Neil is 44 and got diagnosed with inoperable cancer in May and given 12 months to live. He had one wish

perspective

great post