Self defense

Seen a video. Was just a couple few seconds long. Teenagers at a school game. Some were standing on the first bench/bleacher closest to the ground. So teenager #1 was female standing on ground looking up asking to speak with female teenager #2 standing on bleacher. Female teenager #3 tells #1 to walk the fuck away. Female #2 dumps water on female #1. Female #1 hulks out and grabs female #2's leg and slammed her into the fence next to the track and gets a couple judo kicks in on her torso. Then other kids rush in and break it up.

At what point do we teach our kids to hulk out? Most comments were "I would've done the same thing".

Now should she have stood there and took it?

A PJ fan gets barfed on and misses part of the show and gets threatened more and had beer thrown on them. Did they hulk out....no. no he did not.

I feel like I was the only one thinking whoa!

Oh please let it rain today.
Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Foxy, This would be so much easier to understand with a link to said video.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :lol: ok I'll try to get it.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Granted, I'm older than the chick in the video so may have reacted similarly at her age, but I'd like to think I'd walk away from the situation no matter how pissed off I was.

I just don't see that as self-defense, ie, being physically attacked (vs water/beer/whatever that was being dumped on her head - which actually is pretty fucked up to me).

Now, to have those moves ready to be used in certain situations? All for it.
    Maybe self defense isn't quite the right fit - but I have 3 kids and wouldn't want any of them to have to respond to a classmate this way as well as equally I wouldn't want them to treat anyone that way.

I guess we just hope our kids can figure out the level of threat - just wouldn't want my kids to be perceived as weak or as a bully :lol: - my thought process isn't going very well over here.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ouch. that had to have hurt a bit. kids can be nasty little shits. the girl is probably tired of being picked on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited August 2016
    Really hard to know from that short video. Maybe the girl was constantly getting picked on and just had enough. It seemed like the whole group was against.

or maybe the girl was a complete bitch who deserved getting the beer/water over her head...again, hard to make judgements from that short video.
    Post edited by eddiec on