MODS or anyone - touching story

gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
edited August 2016 in The Porch
So I'm in the merch line today and the guy in front of me was telling me how this show would be difficult for him and starts tearing up and tells me and a few others how his show partner was always his brother. He and his brother were supposed to attend Friday night together. However, his brother who had become a quadriplegic after a terrible accident (years ago) unexpectedly passed in May.

I don't know how all this works but I'm sure it would really mean a lot to get a song dedication. I've seen a few other similar requests maybe they could get a combo dedication or something.

The man's brother's name was Craig.

Please bump for a dedication.

Thanks all.
"...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
Post edited by gettingright on

Comments

• MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    That's pretty awful, it would be nice to do something for him. I think "brother" would be perfect, or maybe "otherside". "I'm not the same without you here"
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    That sounds rough. Maybe the band can do something along the lines like Light Years for him, or his brother's favorite song. Sad story.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    gettingright, really classy post. I love how you heard this story and felt moved to try something for Craig and his brother. Thank you.

And Craig, if you visit these boards, with or without a dedication, people will be thinking of you both. You lost your brother, sounds to me like you lost a friend there as well.

Take care, enjoy the show and honouring the love you and your brother had for each other and the love you shared with each other.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
    IamTom said:

gettingright, really classy post. I love how you heard this story and felt moved to try something for Craig and his brother. Thank you.

And Craig, if you visit these boards, with or without a dedication, people will be thinking of you both. You lost your brother, sounds to me like you lost a friend there as well.

Take care, enjoy the show and honouring the love you and your brother had for each other and the love you shared with each other.

Couldn't be said better.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Bump.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    IamTom said:

Eloquently put!

I hope this request makes it

• hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    If they play Evenflow on either night....if was for him
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    Play one for Craig ^
    I
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    edited August 2016
    Thx but One is by Metallica
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    BUMP
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    FoxyRedLa said:

The road is rarely smoothe, wise one.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    So sad...all the best to the family...bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016
    bump...I hope I hear something good about this been thinking about this since it was posted yesterday
    pjalive21 said:

bump...I hope I hear something good about this been thinking about this since it was posted yesterday

Same here.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Bump
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.