Please Play Come Back at Fenway for my family and friends in Mukilteo WA

Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
edited August 2016 in The Porch
Last weekend was horrible for my sister and her family who got phone calls in the middle of the night that there was a shooting at my nephews best friends house. My nephew, who is a Marine and was at his base got bits of information that his very good friend was shot. By morning he found out three of his friends were dead.

I'll be seeing Pearl Jam this weekend and although I will be excited and happy to be at the shows, my heart is heavy knowing they will be burying these kids this weekend. Mukilteo is a great small community and they are starting to heal but there will be a lot of sorrow surrounding them this weekend. I'm not big on requests, but this I just had to ask.

What can be done to stop these things from happening? I don't know. But I hope we figure it out soon <3

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/08/02/24421849/mukilteo-shooting-suspect-charged-with-murder-faces-death-or-life-in-prison
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
Post edited by Sprunkn7 on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Sad to hear this stuff happening. Comeback has become a popular request for Fenway shows with at least 2 other people making posts looking for it. Hope you all get your song.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Tragic. Very sorry, and sympathy for the loss. Gun violence needs to stop. I'm not saying we have it perfect in Canada, but hopefully one day laws will be tighter in the US and we'll stop seeing so many people die unnecessary.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    It's very sad. At least the Marines let Zach come home for the funerals. That was unexpected.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    It's been horrible watching this story on our local news the past couple of days. What a tragic situation. I hope the shooter suffers in prison for the rest of his miserable life. And I hope PJ plays Come Back for you.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    I'm shamelessly bumping
  • jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    We are from Seattle and also here for the show bump bump bump
  • jlbuschjlbusch Posts: 54
    Also, my parents live in mukilteo just down the road from this, such a tragedy...at some point we need to be serious about addressing gun violence in this country, the right to own a gun can't be more important the right to not be shot in another persons moment of rage
    My sister lives less than a mile from the house too. Small world!
    Plus Come Back is an awesome song.
  • I never post on here. Ever. But I'll bump this as I'm also from Mukilteo and in Boston for the shows. So sorry for your nephew's loss of friends in Mukilteo's very senseless tragedy.
    last bump before hitting the road!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    unreal....these disheartening stories lately of tragedy need to stop
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,433
    Come Back is an awesome song Bump
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Bump
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Hope the song gets played for your friends and family back at home. Comeback is an amazing song.
    All the parents and all the kids know each other so this week they have been coming together. Funeral for Jordan is today and Zach was able to fly home for it. Hopefully there will be some closure.

I think I heard Ed say "Leave the guns at home" after the WMA tag....but my sound when he was talking was a little distorted.

I had a blast last night and was touched by the dedication to Matthew, I Gotta Feelin was crazy!