PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
edited August 2016 in The Porch
Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    I might still be a BonJovi fan, would have traveled less, met fewer cool people and formed fewer good friendships.

I would probably have a lot more $$$

:lol:
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I would have more money to travel and go see all the other bands I like.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    -Buru- said:

I might still be a BonJovi fan, would have traveled less, met fewer cool people and formed fewer good friendships.

I would probably have a lot more $$$

:lol:

+1 on what you said there & would definitely have more money!! ;-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • rtmarshrtmarsh Posts: 59
    I probably wouldn't have picked up a guitar.
    “The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.”
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    it would be the same
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited August 2016
    When i really think about it i wouldnt know my wife Wouldnt have my kid. Met due to them in a roundabout way
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 343
    i probably wouldn't have a chance to exist. this band is the reason i am still around. i appreciate their music being able to speak to me.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I would not be as addicted to seeing concerts as much as I am now because of Pearl Jam.
    I would not be playing guitar.
    I would have a lot more stress in my life, as PJ music is my greatest form of de-stress-ment. (Is that a word?)
    I would have bare apartment walls without cool artwork/posters.
    I would probably be stuck traveling to ride different roller coasters for vacation ideas instead of flying to see PJ across the country..
    I wouldn't have many friends that I met through the band.

Of course, who is to say that all this wouldn't have come up as part of my love for a different band that I could have found instead of PJ? I don't know.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    I would have a lot more money in the bank that is for sure. Because of PJ I got into vinyl, which is a very expensive habit. Concert poster collecting is addictive and expensive as well. That is before you tack on the other merch, and most importantly the cost of the concert tickets and travel to get there.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Who You Are comes to mind.

Stoplight plays a part.

Circumstance, happenstance.

Just the random shit we encounter, that takes us on some beautiful and treacherous paths, this band included.

Not knowing all of the "could have been's" is both moot and comforting to me.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    pretty pretty pretty good
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited August 2016

I don't know.

Probably in the Poison fan club :confused:

the thought of not having Pearl Jam's music give me anxiety because every album has struck a chord with me throughout my entire life and has "saved me" when shit got to be too much

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    The very first conversation I had with my wife involved Pearl Jam. We met in November 2006, and the conversation got around to music fairly quickly. We'd both seen PJ at different shows the previous week (she was at Sydney 1, I was in Newcastle) so we had some very recent memories to share.
    Without that bond, we may not be together, have our son, or be living in Australia.

That being said, I'd probably still blow all my cash on a different band instead!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    Not sure. I've put in a lot of effort to go see PJ live a number of times. I guess that void would be filled with other things. Not sure what the result of that would be.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I may not have met my wife, and I would know a few less good people!
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    I'd be sleeping in this Sunday instead of waking up for the flight to Boston.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    KV4053 said:

I'd be sleeping in this Sunday instead of waking up for the flight to Boston.

WOO! Same here. 4:30am Waffle house here I come :smiley:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Would still be listening to Compton's Most Wanted & wearing Cross Colors.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • My dad took me to a music store when I was in grade 6 and told me I could buy any two tapes I wanted. I picked Pearl Jam Ten and Metallica Metallica (The Black Album). That moment right there was the musical fork in the road. I's like to think I went down the right path...
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    about $150,000 richer but would have missed out on EXTENSIVE traveling and too numerous grand memories.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I like Dead Man would probably still be a Metal head. It was all Metallica until seeing the guys tear the roof of the Old Chicago Stadium in 1994, I have not looked back ever since. I think my life would still be great, but I don't know that it would be as enriched as it has been by the overall Pearl Jam experience. I don't agree with a lot of the bands political stuff, but they have always encouraged do your part, and do your research to come to your own educated opinions. I don't think any band is as openly vocal and active about this part of their fame, and to be honest it really made me take a long look at things. I think that is the biggest influence on me the band has had. Sure I am a vinyl lover again, a poster fanatic because of them, but that is just a minor part of the life compared to the amazing people I have met over the years through the old tape trader days, cd bootleg trading days, wishlist foundation, Vitalogy Health Club, and all the concerts. I peaked in the 06-08 years as far as going all over to see them, but no show can replace the cool people I have met like: Heineken Helen, Road Warrior Doug, Boston Lou, Foxy Mop, ElwayVedder, and many many more. I mean hell I drove to NY and Dc with a complete stranger I had met once walking by in a line for a show (Roadwarrior Doug), fearful he'd slit my throat every night hahahah. Now we meet-up at just about every show we both go to, and to this day still form the road crew trio of death with another longtime fan (I think we have road-tripped over 10 times now). That is more meaningful than a band or their music, but are certainly because of a band and it's music.

So here is to the most hated word on the board Jamily, as that is something I cannot imagine ever being part of my life from any other band.
  • I prob would still think billy corgan is a sad little man.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • I prob would still think billy corgan is a sad little man.

Sad & fuckin' brilliant.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    hrd2imgn said:

I like Dead Man would probably still be a Metal head. It was all Metallica until seeing the guys tear the roof of the Old Chicago Stadium in 1994, I have not looked back ever since. I think my life would still be great, but I don't know that it would be as enriched as it has been by the overall Pearl Jam experience. I don't agree with a lot of the bands political stuff, but they have always encouraged do your part, and do your research to come to your own educated opinions. I don't think any band is as openly vocal and active about this part of their fame, and to be honest it really made me take a long look at things. I think that is the biggest influence on me the band has had. Sure I am a vinyl lover again, a poster fanatic because of them, but that is just a minor part of the life compared to the amazing people I have met over the years through the old tape trader days, cd bootleg trading days, wishlist foundation, Vitalogy Health Club, and all the concerts. I peaked in the 06-08 years as far as going all over to see them, but no show can replace the cool people I have met like: Heineken Helen, Road Warrior Doug, Boston Lou, Foxy Mop, ElwayVedder, and many many more. I mean hell I drove to NY and Dc with a complete stranger I had met once walking by in a line for a show (Roadwarrior Doug), fearful he'd slit my throat every night hahahah. Now we meet-up at just about every show we both go to, and to this day still form the road crew trio of death with another longtime fan (I think we have road-tripped over 10 times now). That is more meaningful than a band or their music, but are certainly because of a band and it's music.

So here is to the most hated word on the board Jamily, as that is something I cannot imagine ever being part of my life from any other band.

Great post.
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

I don't know.

warm powder sugar coated donuts