Chicago Hotels

bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
I already have my hotel booked, but just wanted to let people know that Expedia is having a pretty good sale on some Chicago hotels today if you're still looking to book or are just looking to upgrade etc.

Comments

• courtmcccourtmcc Posts: 1,143
    edited August 2016
    I booked mine last night. Almost $500 for 4 nights... ugh.I couldn't find anything cheaper.. :(
  • Went with the Congress. About 360 for Friday and Saturday with taxes and charges. Booked last week
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    courtmcc said:

I booked mine last night. Almost $500 for 4 nights... ugh.I couldn't find anything cheaper.. :(

Assuming you are in the city (as opposed to OHare/Rosemont), thats a BARGAIN!
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I booked the Congress awhile back and have it for $375 for 3 nights - Saturday-Monday. My wife is concerned that the hotel is not that nice, but I don't really plan on spending a lot of time in the room.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Posts: 1,080
    Just checked on Airbnb and there's still a number of entire home/apts available in the area right around the ballpark under $200 and $300. Even more rooms.
  • courtmcccourtmcc Posts: 1,143

courtmcc said:

Assuming you are in the city (as opposed to OHare/Rosemont), thats a BARGAIN!
    I was going to use them but they had too many fees and I like to pay later. I'm staying near the airport but it's like a condo hotel.
  • know1 said:

I booked the Congress awhile back and have it for $375 for 3 nights - Saturday-Monday. My wife is concerned that the hotel is not that nice, but I don't really plan on spending a lot of time in the room.

Agreed. Plus it's in an area where there's plenty of another stuff to do. Now I just need to find two tix for Saturday night.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Thanks for the heads up! I was just able to get the 4 star Hyatt Regency through Priceline's (Express Deals) for only $105/night + tax. About $500 for 4 nights (19-23_. Makes me feel much better after the highway robbery that is the experience of booking hotels in Boston.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Luckily landed an AirBnB within an hour of them announcing the show. Like $170 a night, 10-15 minute walk to Wrigley. Can't wait!
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023, Wrigley 8.29.24, Wrigley 8.31.24
  • I was actually able to book a houseboat at the Montrose Marina for 4 nights for $656.  Hubby and thought it would be cool to stay in a houseboat, something different.  It's only 1.2 miles away from Wrigley. Do you think I made a mistake? 

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144

I was actually able to book a houseboat at the Montrose Marina for 4 nights for $656.  Hubby and thought it would be cool to stay in a houseboat, something different.  It's only 1.2 miles away from Wrigley. Do you think I made a mistake? 

Sounds cool!
  • The Congress has a good rate. It's not the nicest hotel, but definitely a great location and value.
  • I was actually able to book a houseboat at the Montrose Marina for 4 nights for $656.  Hubby and thought it would be cool to stay in a houseboat, something different.  It's only 1.2 miles away from Wrigley. Do you think I made a mistake? 

Not at all! Montrose is a laid back harbor and will be full of people drinking and grilling all weekend. You made a great choice!!!

Not at all! Montrose is a laid back harbor and will be full of people drinking and grilling all weekend. You made a great choice!!!

Awesome, that's great news. Thanks for the info, now I'm even more excited for the show! 
  • ^^That sounds like a great time! Nice idea, you win the day.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Awesome, that's great news. Thanks for the info, now I'm even more excited for the show! 
    You'll be a stones through from Montrose beach as well as "The Dock" bar and grill with live music.  Foster beach is also near by and you'll basically be on the lakefront bike path.   You can rent a Divvy bike and get about anywhere up and down the lake with ease.  If you're golfers there is also a public course right there as well.  You'll actually be able to see a few holes from the harbor.  Hell, I've lived here for 20 years and I'm jealous!!!

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,222
    Got reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.  Short train ride to Wrigley. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • We booked a little apartment by Wicker Park through Airbnb.
    Severed Hand
  • neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    edited February 2018

I was actually able to book a houseboat at the Montrose Marina for 4 nights for $656.  Hubby and thought it would be cool to stay in a houseboat, something different.  It's only 1.2 miles away from Wrigley. Do you think I made a mistake? 

You'll be a stones through from Montrose beach as well as "The Dock" bar and grill with live music.  Foster beach is also near by and you'll basically be on the lakefront bike path.   You can rent a Divvy bike and get about anywhere up and down the lake with ease.  If you're golfers there is also a public course right there as well.  You'll actually be able to see a few holes from the harbor.  Hell, I've lived here for 20 years and I'm jealous!!!

Hey any PJ fan is a fan of mine so you are more than welcome to come hang out on the dock and do some grilling and chillin!  We'll be there all weekend for both shows :-)