Options

Did they remove "Arc" from the official boot(s)?

GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
edited January 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
When recently listening to Chicago 2003 I missed Ed's performance of "Arc" which I knew as an audience recording from pearljamonline.it - sounded like he was playing around with a voice effect board... the last sound of that track can be heard on the official boot right before "Corduroy" starts...
Three setlists on pearljam.com list "Arc" as the opening track, but that's maybe just the track from the record used as an intro to the show like "Master/Slave" - for the other occasions like Chicago it's listed before the beginning of an encore. Twofeetthick.com says nothing about this song for the Chicago show except for the fact that it's listed there, too. So, what happened?
#Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RijekaRijeka Posts: 801
    "Arc" was performed by Vedder at 9 shows, one show for each of the victims, during the third leg of the band's 2003 tour. As an act of respect it was not included on any of the official bootlegs.
    C/P from wiki...
    Death or glory!

• Options
    Rijeka wrote:
    "Arc" was performed by Vedder at 9 shows, one show for each of the victims, during the third leg of the band's 2003 tour. As an act of respect it was not included on any of the official bootlegs.
    C/P from wiki...

Wow...

...for your fast reply.
    ...for the story.

You got it from wikipedia or from the theskyiscrape-wikijam?

Thank you!
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    thats a shame.
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Rijeka wrote:
    C/P from wiki...
    very cool- I didn't know that
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    RijekaRijeka Posts: 801
    GetALife wrote:
    Wow...

...for your fast reply.
    ...for the story.

You got it from wikipedia or from the theskyiscrape-wikijam?

Thank you!

I got it from wikipedia...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_%28song%29

You're welcome :)
    Death or glory!

• Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I'd love to hear a live version of Arc sometime!! :mad:
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:

...you mean you want to experience it live?

If you want to listen to a live-version, in case you didn't already know, you can find here an audience recording from Chicago 2003:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/SongOfTheMonth/Agosto2003/agosto.htm
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Lol, I often can't express my thoughts clearly, but yeah you're right, I wanna hear them play this song!!;)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Ricsard wrote:
    to actually hear it live?
    never..
    thought 'maybe', if anywhere, they would have played it at Copenhagen last year...didn't happen there, so pretty sure bet it's NEVER happening again.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    to actually hear it live?
    never..
    thought 'maybe', if anywhere, they would have played it at Copenhagen last year...didn't happen there, so pretty sure bet it's NEVER happening again.

Kinda like push me pull me ;-) eveyone said they would never play it LOL.
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    cool, thx for the link