What the hell happened?

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,626
    The new change is not a REALLY big deal but it kind of pisses me off that 10C keeps spending our money on needless changes to the forum format and that doing so always entails certain problems that did not exist before. For example, some people apparently are having trouble YET AGAIN, logging in (that would piss me off). And for me, at times, I see nothing but B's where the Bold, Italics, Underline, etc. buttons are (but then sometimes, like right now, they are there) and I am always unable to use the preview button (doing so removes my written text). Does this organization really not have better things to do with it's time and our money?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Did the Xmas poo really make an appearance? Hahahahaba
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm aging myself here...but the color is Harvest Gold

Oh...I get it, there is a tribute band called Harvest Gold...tribute to Neil Young.

I grew up in a house that was painted harvest gold, the kitchen counters were harvest gold, the curtains were harvest gold, the floor was shades of harvest gold.

Not a fan.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Oh...I get it, there is a tribute band called Harvest Gold...tribute to Neil Young.

I grew up in a house that was painted harvest gold, the kitchen counters were harvest gold, the curtains were harvest gold, the floor was shades of harvest gold.

Not a fan.

"Harvest Gold"? Pretty fancy word for "brown"? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Quotes, preview and Bold, Italics etc bar working again. Thank you 10C.

And sorry for all the brown jokes. A least it's not chartreuse!

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    brianlux said:

RKCNDY said:

Not a fan.

"Harvest Gold"? Pretty fancy word for "brown"? :lol:
    No no no. It was Harvest Gold.

Very 70s. Equally popular was Avocado Green!

The rent house that my prince and I inhabited when we first married had a harvest gold stove and avocado green fridge! The rest of the house had harvest gold shag carpeting! The situation almost destroyed my marriage!

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    RKCNDY said:

Not a fan.

Yep, RK. Harvest Gold. I can't find a photo, but our fridge and oven were that color. The cabinets were dark wood with big fake round knocker-looking things in the center (Sears) and the floors were fake brick vinyl.

imagephoto floor-before_zpspredosls.jpg" />
    Still too much white.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Still looks the same on my phone. :confounded:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    brianlux said:

The new change is not a REALLY big deal but it kind of pisses me off that 10C keeps spending our money on needless changes to the forum format and that doing so always entails certain problems that did not exist before. For example, some people apparently are having trouble YET AGAIN, logging in (that would piss me off). And for me, at times, I see nothing but B's where the Bold, Italics, Underline, etc. buttons are (but then sometimes, like right now, they are there) and I am always unable to use the preview button (doing so removes my written text). Does this organization really not have better things to do with it's time and our money?

I was one of those who could not log in. 10C had to send me a new password, and that didn't work for a few hours. I'd like to change it back, but i'm afraid it might not work.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    edited August 2016

Yea, not a fan of the brown. Bring back the blue.

This change has been a nightmare.

FIRST....it appears the print/font is microscopic, it seems one needs magnifying glasses to read posts.

SECOND.....it took me 2 days since this color change to have the ability to post here tonight.

THIRD....I'm not a fan of the dung heep color either. The blue was slightly better but they could've chosen RED. They should combine the two and go with PURPLE. Make it like politricks the Reds, the Blues.....ah hell just run through every color in the spectrum.

TURN DOWN THE WHITE!

Say is there a lights down option? This place has become MESSAGE BOARD OF BLINDING LIGHTS Where are my sunglasses....can ya tell I'm pissed!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

FIRST....it appears the print/font is microscopic, it seems one needs magnifying glasses to read posts.

SECOND.....it took me 2 days since this color change to have the ability to post here tonight.

THIRD....I'm not a fan of the dung heep color either. The blue was slightly better but they could've chosen RED. They should combine the two and go with PURPLE. Make it like politricks the Reds, the Blues.....ah hell just run through every color in the spectrum.

TURN DOWN THE WHITE!

Say is there a lights down option? This place has become MESSAGE BOARD OF BLINDING LIGHTS Where are my sunglasses....can ya tell I'm pissed!

Peace
    I like your ideas G! Loose the brown and go with purple haze! AND TURN DOWN THE LIGHTS!! (Oops, sorry for yelling! image )

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Where's "recent discussions" gone? Or is it just "Discussions" now?

+ yeah, the white's a bit intense.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    The print is too small. I don't like the mobile view. I've always used the desktop view on my phone with no problems until now.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    g under p said:

TURN DOWN THE WHITE!

Peace
    You tell Josh! It's not a TV studio! It's a fucking rock concert!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I like it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2016
    g under p said:

:rofl:
    I didn't want to admit to my inner voice telling me I'm getting older and my vision is getting worse.
    You're right it is the font. It hurts to read. Especially the dates of threads, near impossible.
    I don't want to be that old man with magnifying glass.
    Even when you CAPITALIZE it is still smaller than the regular font before the change.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    brianlux said:

exact same problems I have on an ipad and it doesn't work att all on my phone :angry:

also, no "auto complete" on emojis.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

brianlux said:

exact same problems I have on an ipad and it doesn't work att all on my phone :angry:

also, no "auto complete" on emojis.
    I guess they're still ironing out the bugs.

Dear PJ, next time how about the old, "if it ain't broke..." you know the routine!

And if there is a next time, maybe a cool color. Here, pick one (unapologetic plug, haha!):