Options

Portugal's flag in Italy

NothingW.NothingW. Posts: 19
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I was just looking at the photos from the 2006 Tour and I noticed that on the 17th of September (in Milan, Italy) there is a portuguese flag next to Jeff... I find it curious. Does anyone know why?...

http://www.pearljam.com/i/tourphotos/20060917/5.jpg
Cause the man of the hour is taking his final bow
Goodbye for now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yieldjamesyieldjames Posts: 130
    NothingW. wrote:
    I was just looking at the photos from the 2006 Tour and I noticed that on the 17th of September (in Milan, Italy) there is a portuguese flag next to Jeff... I find it curious. Does anyone know why?...

if i remember correctly someone threw it to the stage during the show and eddie put it up. :D

ahhh good memories. :)
    drifting around, figuring it out as i go along...
  • Options
    LeninhaLeninha Posts: 2
    NothingW. wrote:

Well i'm portuguese and Eddie loves portugal :)
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    there was a big portugese touring crew!
    but wembley they all jumped inline in front of me :( crowd went from 5 to 50 people!
    but i was infront of all of them by the time i was inside :) and they were all very nice apart from line jumping!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    In Europe (at least during the last two tours) people from different countries threw their country flags on stage and the guys collected them. Eddie made a comment on how it was great because they're taking home a bunch of flags from all over the world. He also sometimes displayed the country flag of the country where they were playing, if they had it. For example, we threw the Croatian flag on stage in Vienna, which was the day before the Zagreb show, and Ed brought it to Zagreb and displayed it on stage during the show. Very respectful of their fans and other countries/nations, IMO.
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    pajo wrote:
    In Europe (at least during the last two tours) people from different countries threw thVery respectful of their fans and other countries/nations, IMO.
    yes, this is great !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Heh, except when Ida went on stage at Copenhagen last year and told the crowd she was Swedish and the locals booed. That was just funny.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110