Revisiting TOTD, anyone else loving some songs they never used to?

RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
So when I got into PJ about 8 years ago I bought the TOTD album with all of the PJ albums and only listened to it a couple of times. I had a lot of appreciation for it but for the most part the only songs I ever kept in rotation were Say Hello 2 Heaven, Reach Down, Hunger Strike and Times of Trouble.

With the new tour being announced and my uncle scoring 10c tickets to the Philly show (woot!) I've been playing the CD non stop in my car and I'm liking it a lot more now. A few songs are really sticking out to me that I never really noticed before.

FOUR WALLED WORLD. This is the big one for me, I really don't understand why I didn't notice this song sooner. The Stone riff is right up there with my favorites from him. This has probably become my 3rd favorite TOTD song after Hunger Strike and Times of Trouble.

Pushin Forward Back. My favorite part of this one is basically just the actual "Pushin Forward Back" lyric, the way CC sings it is really catchy and gets stuck in my head.

Wooden Jesus. Really like the drum into here and Chris' lyrics and voice throughout.

Anyone else revisiting the album in excitement for the reissue/tour?

Comments

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    You bet your sweet ass I'm revisiting!!!
    I never would have thought this masterpiece of love and lost would be played live again.
    Times of Trouble is rocking my brain right now.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,651
    edited July 2016
    1991...I played that whole CD over and over and over...I loved it all
  • 1991...I played that whole CD over and over and over...I loved it all

Same here, but tape.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Yeah see that was the problem with me, I wasn't even born yet when this album came out so I was discovering it at the same time that I was discovering 8 Pearl Jam albums. So it ended up being somewhat in the shadows for me until now.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,834
    Great album! I can't wait to hear Times of Trouble!

It was amazing to hear a few TOTD songs on Cornell's solo tour last fall, (great Atlanta show!), but a full original band version? Amazing!

I wonder what other material they will play to supplement the show.