Update!!!

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546
edited July 2016 in The Porch
From tickets@tenclub.net ..

Our Ten Club pre-sale is not connected with TicketMaster's system. So yes you can try for both.

-10c
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Sweet. Slightly better odds now but not by much.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016
    Wow....I didn't do it, but wow
    am I the only one that thinks that's wrong?
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Was there a disclaimer somewhere?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    wow. I was going to enter to try to help out friends. thanks for the heads up.
    btw. @demetrios where was this disclaimer?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546

Was there a disclaimer somewhere?

I emailed tickets@tenclub.net about this.

On Ticketmaster ..

2 ticket limit. Patrons exceeding the ticket limit will have all their orders cancelled at the venue's discretion. Delivery delay until August 12

• pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 Posts: 653
    Spread the love.
  • WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    Will this apply to ticketmaster tickets when they go on public sale?
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    WashmyLUV said:

Yes, Ticketmaster has the same rules. you can try to use a different card or email address but if the system catches it, they will cancel all your orders.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• WashmyLUV said:

I would imagine yes. Can't have more than two tickets associated to your name.

• WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    good to know!
    hmm ... Update on the Seattle Ticketmaster page. Presale is happening now!?! http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/0F0050EFE315539B .

Who's got the new code?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Who says? I have an email that says my tickeys have already been printed... I'm not going for an extra pair but it would be nice to help friends out

And it said they would be "cancelled at venues discretion"... I'm not buying it
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    shows this:
    No tickets right now, but the venue may release more before the event (e.g. a floor plan change could free up seats).
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    Isn't that the same presale as before?

Also, hasss 10C confirmed that there isn't a distinction between their tickets and the ones sold through ticketmaster?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,531
    What was the reply you received from 10C?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • lolobugg said:

WashmyLUV said:

Yes, Ticketmaster has the same rules. you can try to use a different card or email address but if the system catches it, they will cancel all your orders.
    I have heard that before from a friend attending a different show a while back. I guess you take a huge risk!

Logan, same here...was only in to help friends. I guess I'll cancel out of the lottery since I used the same card.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

mwplum said:

Also, hasss 10C confirmed that there isn't a distinction between their tickets and the ones sold through ticketmaster?

The "Presale is happening now!" wasn't shown yesterday or this morning, that I can remember. Just popped up @ 1pm EST today.

My email ..

Is this only for the Seattle Temple of the Dog show? http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/0F0050EFE315539B "2 ticket limit. Patrons exceeding the ticket limit will have all their orders cancelled at the venue's discretion. Delivery delay until August 12."

Say someone was lucky & scored 10club tickets next Wednesday. Then was able to score Ticketmaster tickets via the presale or public sale next Friday. So 2 from 10club & 2 from Ticketmaster. The "Patrons exceeding the ticket limit will have all their orders cancelled at the venue's discretion" sentence is very scary & worrisome cause what happens if we try to help out friends / family to go to the show under the same name (scoring 2 10club + 2 Ticketmaster) Temple of the Dog tickets for their Seattle show?

Reply ..

The 2 ticket limit is for Philly and Seattle since these are very small venues. It is normal for Ticketmaster to cancel tickets when a patron tries buying multiple sets of tickets, so we do not advise doing so otherwise all of your orders can be canceled and you could be left with no tickets at all. It's best to let your friends try to buy their own tickets.

-10c
    Thanks for looking out D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• As much as I'd like to see them do this, I don't see how 10c would be able to cross reference the Ticketmaster sales list and look for matching names/addresses.

It would be excellent to see my Philly odds jump from 6% up to 7 or 8...every little bit helps!
  • monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    I'm not sure that reply actually answered your question.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Since the SG/CC/TOTD presale was directly through ticketmaster, with payment going to ticketmaster, and the 10c lottery is a transaction between 10c and a 10c member, how would ticketmaster be able to cross-reference that? Doesn't 10c buy the block of tickets from 10c and distribute them as they see fit? I can't imagine we have given 10c permission to share payment info with a 3rd party (ticketmaster) have we?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • demetrios said:

mwplum said:

The "Presale is happening now!" wasn't shown yesterday or this morning, that I can remember. Just popped up @ 1pm EST today.

My email ..

Is this only for the Seattle Temple of the Dog show? http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/0F0050EFE315539B "2 ticket limit. Patrons exceeding the ticket limit will have all their orders cancelled at the venue's discretion. Delivery delay until August 12."

Say someone was lucky & scored 10club tickets next Wednesday. Then was able to score Ticketmaster tickets via the presale or public sale next Friday. So 2 from 10club & 2 from Ticketmaster. The "Patrons exceeding the ticket limit will have all their orders cancelled at the venue's discretion" sentence is very scary & worrisome cause what happens if we try to help out friends / family to go to the show under the same name (scoring 2 10club + 2 Ticketmaster) Temple of the Dog tickets for their Seattle show?

Reply ..

The 2 ticket limit is for Philly and Seattle since these are very small venues. It is normal for Ticketmaster to cancel tickets when a patron tries buying multiple sets of tickets, so we do not advise doing so otherwise all of your orders can be canceled and you could be left with no tickets at all. It's best to let your friends try to buy their own tickets.

-10c
    Presale has been available since last week. No tickets available

I'm not sure that reply actually answered your question.

I was looking for more. I sent a reply. I have heard stories of folks getting their tickets cancelled with Ticketmaster on the limits. I have never heard any problems when handling with 10club lottery tickets. It doesn't say anything over @ http://pearljam.com/tenclub/tickets about it, but that's on PJ tickets. Maybe different rules for this show?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I will put it this way... I doubt anything would happen... but im not going to find out lol
  • Small venue easy for ticketmaster to do an investigation.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    edited July 2016
    ugh.. I also doubt it would cause a problem. Like other people have mentioned. When you buy from the 10c you're buying from the 10c not ticketmaster. The payment is processed by the 10c (not ticketmaster). The transaction doesn't appear on your TM account. They're completely seperate things. I don't think the 10c provides TM with a list of who the winners were. I'm pretty sure I've doubled up on tickets for shows between 10c/TM before to help friends out and its never been an issue.

I'm torn... I'm in the door with my TM tickets but there at the back of the floor all the way over on the side. I kind of bought them as an insurance policy. I'd much rather have 10c tickets. I already have friends (which are also 10c) members that want to go, so we all entered, and our trying to pool our resources to try and go.

Do I cancel my lotto entry. I'm not sure. I really don't think TM has a clue about who 10c sells their tickets too. For ticket limits I believe TM cross references names and credit cards on orders placed through them. IE I can't buy a pair in the presale on TM and buy another pair in the regular sale. 10c orders aren't processed by TM so I don't see how that system would catch it.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535

Small venue easy for ticketmaster to do an investigation.

I would imagine it's mostly automated. So the question is, does 10c provide all our personal information to TM (names and credit card info). I doubt it. That's a big breach of privacy. 10c processes our payments so there's no need to share personal info like that with TM. I don't think TM unilaterally has the power to demand 10c to share their customers info? 10c acquires the tickets in a block and takes it from there.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited July 2016
    Zod said:

ugh.. I also doubt it would cause a problem. Like other people have mentioned. When you buy from the 10c you're buying from the 10c not ticketmaster. The payment is processed by the 10c (not ticketmaster). The transaction doesn't appear on your TM account. They're completely seperate things. I don't think the 10c provides TM with a list of who the winners were. I'm pretty sure I've doubled up on tickets for shows between 10c/TM before to help friends out and its never been an issue.

I'm torn... I'm in the door with my TM tickets but there at the back of the floor all the way over on the side. I kind of bought them as an insurance policy. I'd much rather have 10c tickets. I already have friends (which are also 10c) members that want to go, so we all entered, and our trying to pool our resources to try and go.

Do I cancel my lotto entry. I'm not sure. I really don't think TM has a clue about who 10c sells their tickets too. For ticket limits I believe TM cross references names and credit cards on orders placed through them. IE I can't buy a pair in the presale on TM and buy another pair in the regular sale. 10c orders aren't processed by TM so I don't see how that system would catch it.

If 10C isn't giving our info directly to TM and vice versa, they'd have to be using the venues as a middleman, which we know they do, since the venues have our names and everything so we can pick up our 10C tix, and it did note on the TM presales that the venues may also be verifying credit cards at entry, so that is where the link would be established. The only safe way to get around this is for you to get the 10C tix, and someone else to get ticketmaster ones.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Somebody has to make the ultimate sacrifice.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
This discussion has been closed.