Options

Have you ever thrown a beer in a Cop's face...and lived to tell the story??

2»

Comments

• Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    WHat the hell is a "hostel"......hotel?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    So today, July 4th is my 29th birthday and I thought I would share my NYC Pearl Jam adventure before I head out to catch some fireworks.

So my plane from Phoenix landed in La Guardia around 7pm, so I decided I wanted to pick up a unlimited Metro card and figure out how all the locals travel NYC. I took the M60 bus across the Triborough Bridge into Harlem. Then jumped on the green line subway to Grand Central Station which was close to the Big Apple Hostel where I was going to stay for my first night in NYC before moving to the Hotel Penn for my last 2 night in NYC. I dropped my bags at the hostel and headed out to walk Times Square and check out the streets of New York. I headed back to my hostel about 1am and when I returned I met 2 Russian students who I was sharing the room with who also had just landed from Moscow. They strolled into our room each holding a 12 pack of Bud Light cans. They did not speak English and were pounding the beers fast and speaking in Russian to each other. They offered me a beer a few times, but initially I passed. Funny thing was the more they drank the better they spoke English. Then Anton, tells me in his broken English "Don't be a little bitch...now drink!" At that point I had to indulge. So 5 beers later it is about 2:30am and we finished all the beer so we walked to a store a bought 2 more 6 packs of the Coors Light Tall cans. We were sitting in the back patio of the hostel teaching each other bad words in Russian and English when the dude at the front desk said he needed to clean the patio and asked us to go out to the front porch on 45th Ave to finish our beer and smoke. I thought nothing of it and we relocated to the front porch of the hostel. We continued out curse word lessons when I got a tap on my shoulder and I hear "What the fuck do you think you are doing?" I turned around to see it was 4 NYC Cops in full uniform. I nearly shat myself. Here is what followed:
    Cops: "What the fuck do you think you are doing?"
    Me: "The guy at the front desk told us to come out here to finish our beers."
    Cop: "So if he told to you climb to the top of the fucking Empire State building and jump would you do that too?"
    Me: "Well, of course not."
    Cop: "Where are you from?"
    Me: "Arizona"
    Cop: "Can you drink on the streets in Arizona?"
    Me: "No officer"
    Cop: "Well what makes you think you can come to the great state of New York and drink on my fucking streets?(In his level 10 I have been possessed by Satan voice)
    Me: "Uh...Uh...Uh (Squeezing my check together so I don't shit myself because I think I am about to go to jail) I don't know officer I realize I made a mistake...(Then the unthinkable happens.....The full Tall can that I have in my hand as this officer is grilling me slips out of my hand and falls to the ground...upon impact the beer shoots straight up like a volcanic eruption all over all 4 of the cops!!! The one who is grilling me in my face gets the worst of it and flips his fucking lid as the beer drips from his shiny silver badge!!!
    Cop: "You stupid mother fucker! I am going to fuck your ass up! (He throws his police hat to the ground and starts to reach at his belt. I thought I was going to get tased or something. He grabs the collar of my shirt tightly and said "Give me your fucking ID you stupid mother fucker!"
    Me: "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god please don't hurt me. I did not mean for that to happen" I handed him my ID.
    Cop: "Shut your fucking mouth! How long have you been in New York Anthony?
    Me: "About 6 hours sir"
    Cop: "When do you plan on leaving?"
    Me: "Thursday morning"
    Cop: "You have 20 hours to get your stupid ass out of the city of New York, do you understand me?"
    Me: "Yes Sir!" (While thinking in the back of my head that there is no way I can miss two nights at MSG! I complied in hopes that I was not going to be taken to jail.
    Cop: "Do you know what assault is?"
    Me: "Yes Sir"
    Cop: "You are lucky that we aren't taking you to jail! (He throws my ID at my chest and the 4 NYC officers walked away towards Times Square.

After the incident was over, the Russian guy says "You don't get beat up by the cops here in America? Which is apparently the norm where they are from in Russia. I could not believe that that happened to me considering that I rarely drink at all and I have never had any run in with a cop before. Thankfully the 2 PJ shows at MSG where amongst the best that I have seen in the 30+ shows I have attended. Big thanks to the 10Club for hooking me up with tickets in Section 74 Row C for both nights. It was something special to sit next to Jill and Olivia Vedder both night and witness the interaction between Ed and his daughter as she rocks out hard to the PJ Jams and sings along doing baby head banging in her pink headphones. At a few points I was getting pretty wild during the shows and little Olivia was staring at me like I was crazy. Once I stopped dancing and noticed her she stared to imitate me and that was the start of our dance off at MSG 2! After all was said and done I think she won the dance off since that little girl that some crazy energy for a 4 year old. Just like her Daddy! Well I will stop this wild story and head off to see the Arizona sky get lit up with some fireworks. Cheers to all who take the time to read this crazy story of mine!

This cops lines are WORD FOR WORD the same lines we got after a friend got caught smoking pot outside of MSG. Was he bald, tanned, and tattooed all over one arm? He was definitely "wound tight" to say the least. It was almost like he was disappointed not to find anything in my bag....it only makes for a better PJ in NY story. Good times.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    fuck is the 1st thing cops learn at the police academy ..

fuck -the criminals
    fuck-the protesters
    fuck-the bystanders
    fuck-the tourist
    fuck-the waitress
    fuck-the law we are the law .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    VartVart Posts: 291

Definitions of hostel on the Web:

* An inexpensive accommodation, usually dormitory style, popular with students.
    http://www.atcadventure.com/en/travel_help/glossary.asp

* Generally low cost accommodation usually with communal self-catering facilities. Bathroom facilities are generally shared. Some styles of this accommodation type, like those aimed at backpackers, allow guests who essentially don't know each other to share sleeping quarters. ...
    http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/about/definitions/

* An inn, a communal residence for students or others, simple temporary accommodation for hikers.
    http://www.dreamghar.com/hdic.html

* An inexpensive accommodation, typically in dormitory style. Usually used by younger travelers, as in "youth hostel." hospitality suite. ...
    travel.techdictionary.com/terms.html

* An inexpensive, usually supervised lodging primarily for young people.
    http://www.morethailand.com/glossary/useful_travel_glossary3.php

* a hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers
    * inexpensive supervised lodging (especially for youths on bicycling trips)
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* Hostels provide accommodation where guests can rent a bed, sometimes a bunk bed in a dormitory and share a bathroom, kitchen and lounge. Rooms can be mixed or single-sex, although private rooms may also be available. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostel

* an inexpensive overnight lodging place; a temporary refuge for the homeless providing a bed and sometimes food
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hostel
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    that's a crazy story!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    That story is soooo made up. Know how I can tell?

Nobody from Europe would ever drink Bud Light.

Russian drinking piss beer? Don't you have vodka in New York?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    wow, i'm so confused about why the cops acted that way. that's terrible
    Yeah, cuz usually cops are so helpful, kind, respectful, and not power-hungry fucking cunts, eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I think it is funny that some people actually think that I made this story up. As wild as it might seem it is the 100% truth and how my first hours started in NYC. Yes I was standing on the front steps of the Hostel, but with NYC sidewalks I am not sure exactly whose property I was on when it went down.

Hostels can be found all over the world. They are places where travelers can stay fairly cheap if they are willing to share a room with other travelers. Which explains how I was staying with two random Russian students in my room. Haven't you seen the movie "Hostel or Hostel 2"??? It might make you think twice about going that route.

I do not think that the officer you dealt with at MSG for smoking pot was the same officer I sprayed. He did not have any arm tats that I could see or that I noticed.

Looking back on the incident, I am completely OK with being called a stupid Mother Fucker several times rather than spending one minute in a NYC jail. But I also think that if he did not yell at me and make me nervous as shit that I would not have went weak in my grip and dropped the beer. I still think NYC is a great city and I can't wait to go back soon!

"Police stopped my brother again...."
  • Options
    Yeah, cuz usually cops are so helpful, kind, respectful, and not power-hungry fucking cunts, eh? :rolleyes:

:)
  • Options
    The Russian dudes actually had a liter each of what they called the best Russian vodka that they brought from Moscow. Anton was so proud of his vodka that he insisted I try it. Not being a very big drinker, honestly I could not tell you the difference between Stoli Vodka and the best Russian vodka. Just another great experience to chalk up in the books.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    So today, July 4th is my 29th birthday and I thought I would share my NYC Pearl Jam adventure before I head out to catch some fireworks.

So my plane from Phoenix landed in La Guardia around 7pm, so I decided I wanted to pick up a unlimited Metro card and figure out how all the locals travel NYC. I took the M60 bus across the Triborough Bridge into Harlem. Then jumped on the green line subway to Grand Central Station which was close to the Big Apple Hostel where I was going to stay for my first night in NYC before moving to the Hotel Penn for my last 2 night in NYC. I dropped my bags at the hostel and headed out to walk Times Square and check out the streets of New York. I headed back to my hostel about 1am and when I returned I met 2 Russian students who I was sharing the room with who also had just landed from Moscow. They strolled into our room each holding a 12 pack of Bud Light cans. They did not speak English and were pounding the beers fast and speaking in Russian to each other. They offered me a beer a few times, but initially I passed. Funny thing was the more they drank the better they spoke English. Then Anton, tells me in his broken English "Don't be a little bitch...now drink!" At that point I had to indulge. So 5 beers later it is about 2:30am and we finished all the beer so we walked to a store a bought 2 more 6 packs of the Coors Light Tall cans. We were sitting in the back patio of the hostel teaching each other bad words in Russian and English when the dude at the front desk said he needed to clean the patio and asked us to go out to the front porch on 45th Ave to finish our beer and smoke. I thought nothing of it and we relocated to the front porch of the hostel. We continued out curse word lessons when I got a tap on my shoulder and I hear "What the fuck do you think you are doing?" I turned around to see it was 4 NYC Cops in full uniform. I nearly shat myself. Here is what followed:
    Cop: "So if he told to you climb to the top of the fucking Empire State building and jump would you do that too?"
    Cop: "Well what makes you think you can come to the great state of New York and drink on my fucking streets?(In his level 10 I have been possessed by Satan voice)
    Me: "Uh...Uh...Uh (Squeezing my check together so I don't shit myself because I think I am about to go to jail) I don't know officer I realize I made a mistake...(Then the unthinkable happens.....The full Tall can that I have in my hand as this officer is grilling me slips out of my hand and falls to the ground...upon impact the beer shoots straight up like a volcanic eruption all over all 4 of the cops!!! The one who is grilling me in my face gets the worst of it and flips his fucking lid as the beer drips from his shiny silver badge!!!
    Cop: "You stupid mother fucker! I am going to fuck your ass up! (He throws his police hat to the ground and starts to reach at his belt. I thought I was going to get tased or something. He grabs the collar of my shirt tightly and said "Give me your fucking ID you stupid mother fucker!"
    Me: "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god please don't hurt me. I did not mean for that to happen" I handed him my ID.
    Cop: "You have 20 hours to get your stupid ass out of the city of New York, do you understand me?"
    Me: "Yes Sir!" (While thinking in the back of my head that there is no way I can miss two nights at MSG! I complied in hopes that I was not going to be taken to jail.
    Cop: "You are lucky that we aren't taking you to jail! (He throws my ID at my chest and the 4 NYC officers walked away towards Times Square.

After the incident was over, the Russian guy says "You don't get beat up by the cops here in America? Which is apparently the norm where they are from in Russia. I could not believe that that happened to me considering that I rarely drink at all and I have never had any run in with a cop before. Thankfully the 2 PJ shows at MSG where amongst the best that I have seen in the 30+ shows I have attended. Big thanks to the 10Club for hooking me up with tickets in Section 74 Row C for both nights. It was something special to sit next to Jill and Olivia Vedder both night and witness the interaction between Ed and his daughter as she rocks out hard to the PJ Jams and sings along doing baby head banging in her pink headphones. At a few points I was getting pretty wild during the shows and little Olivia was staring at me like I was crazy. Once I stopped dancing and noticed her she stared to imitate me and that was the start of our dance off at MSG 2! After all was said and done I think she won the dance off since that little girl that some crazy energy for a 4 year old. Just like her Daddy! Well I will stop this wild story and head off to see the Arizona sky get lit up with some fireworks. Cheers to all who take the time to read this crazy story of mine!
    haha nice and he didn't even wish you a happy birthday?! :eek: rude cop

anyway happy birthday for the other day!
    i was 29 on the 5th July :)

You'll now listen to 'New York City Cops - The Strokes' very differently now? :)
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    careful guys, dont step in the bullshit.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    The budget traveller's accomodation of choice- generally 4-12 bed dorms with shared bathrooms, costing around 30 bucks a night.

Hotel rooms? Psshhhhh. At the end of the day, all we need out of the accom when we go travelling is a bed to sleep on at the end of the night- the money saved from not using a full service hotel can go towards food, drink, and entertainment. And extending our travels.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    careful guys, dont step in the bullshit.
    maybe he did confuse dropping beer with the whole mentos/diet pepsi experiment :p

but why would someone be so sad as to make this up? lol
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    The budget traveller's accomodation of choice- generally 4-12 bed dorms with shared bathrooms, costing around 30 bucks a night.

Hotel rooms? Psshhhhh. At the end of the day, all we need out of the accom when we go travelling is a bed to sleep on at the end of the night- the money saved from not using a full service hotel can go towards food, drink, and entertainment. And extending our travels.
    Soometimes sleep is impossible in htese dorms :p one snorer can ruin it for the whole room!
  • Options

Welcome to my great state of new york! actually they took it easy on you, they could have taken you to the harlem jail, wich is a ton of fun.
  • Options
    Your story made me cry, it was so funny...
    You probably didn't think it was funny at the time. I didn't realize there are cops out there who are such asses.
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    2005:

first trip ny from south america, peru
    i was taking a picture in wall street and put my hand in a car, i dont realize that was a nypd car and a cop said to me " what a fuck are you doing, its your car for do that?. i answer: nothing im just takin a picture, no deal with the car, then he said: i dont give a fuck about it, just dont touch it, and i finally response: but isnt your car too.....then he said the thing about the assault, i dont understand very well but he ask for documents, passports, visas all questions, finally my friends came to help me and the cop finally enter the car and go.

its seems rude for me, dont like his attitude.
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach