Options

The Beat Bugs Soundtrack. Magical Mystery Tour (feat. Eddie Vedder) Apple & Amazon Music

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
edited November 2016 in The Porch
http://www.beatbugs.com.au/artists/#iTunes

The music of Beat Bugs is sung by a group of famous artists.

Beat Bugs has brought together artists from around the world to reimagine the music of the Beatles. Joyous new interpretations of these songs will delight a whole new generation of listeners, while those who know them well can experience this remarkable collection of music in a whole new way (or…”once again”).

The full album contains 26 Beatles songs reimagined by some of today's most popular artists. Album available soon on iTunes.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Website being updated ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/07/18/beat-bugs-kids-telly-rocks-out-with-eddie-vedder-james-corde/

'Beat Bugs': Kids Telly Rocks Out With Eddie Vedder, James Corden

Whether daydreams of yellow submarines sent Wakely on the path to meeting one of his own idols, Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder, is uncertain, but what followed was the stuff of Hollywood dreams.

"I hand wrote Eddie a letter, telling him his music meant a lot to me and that I'd love him to bring his craft to the song," Wakely said.

What came next was a phone call from Vedder himself, telling Wakely he loved the idea.

"He has children himself and he said he wished he was watching this. He got what it was -- to put the very best songs and the amazing stories that live within the songs in front of children."

A few days later, Vedder recorded "Magical Mystery Tour."
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    http://www.republicrecords.com/beat-bugs/#.V5qROTV4tSs

Republic Presents the Netflix Original Show: Beat Bugs

The new Netflix original series Beat Bugs, a family oriented and animated musical show, premieres on Netflix August 3rd [Watch the official Beat Bugs trailer below]

Netflix has also announced the lineup for their confirmed second season. The second season of Beat Bugs will feature the voices of James Bay, Rodd Stewart, Jennifer Hudson, The Lumineers, Tori Kelly and many more iconic artists singing contemporary renditions of the greatest hits from The Beatles.

Season one of the show includes contemporary versions of songs such as “Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds,” “I’m A Loser,” “Honey Pie” and other memorable hits from the widely celebrated rock group—and season two is expected to feature even more modern arrangements of their hits. Among the season two track listing, is a version of “Hey Bulldog” sung by our very own James Bay. The track listing will also include Rod Stewart’s version of “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” and Jennifer Hudson singing “I’ll Follow The Sun.”

The Beat Bugs official soundtrack for season one, alongside a compilation album featuring the “best of” seasons one and two, will both be available at all retailers starting November 4th—the season two soundtrack will be released shortly thereafter in late November 2016.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,447
  • Options
    ^ Awesome!
  • Options
    But ...

No CD or Vinyl release? :(
  • Options
    https://media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/get-ready-for-beat-bugs-netflix-announces-new-guest-artists-renews-series-for-second-season

Get Ready for Beat Bugs! Netflix Announces New Guest Artists, Renews Series for Second Season
    Rod Stewart, Jennifer Hudson, Aloe Blacc, Robbie Williams, Frances, Wesley Schultz (of the Lumineers) and Tori Kelly join other all-star musicians as featured cover artists in the original animated series inspired by the music of The Beatles

Beverly Hills, CA - July 27, 2016 - Netflix, Grace: A Storytelling Company (Grace), Thunderbird and Beyond Screen Production (Beyond) announced that seven more artists have signed on to participate in Beat Bugs, the new Netflix original series for kids that will bring families together over the music of The Beatles. Writer and Director Josh Wakely also confirmed today at the Netflix Television Critics Association panel that the animated show, premiering August 3, has been renewed for a second season, premiering worldwide November 18. Australian Netflix members will be able to enjoy both seasons on Netflix soon after their premiere on Seven Network.

Aloe Blacc, Robbie Williams, Frances and Wesley Schultz (of the Lumineers) will join the Beat Bugs family this August, adding to an already celebrated set of singing talent that will help introduce the beloved catalogue of Beatles classics to a new generation. Covers by Rod Stewart, Jennifer Hudson and Tori Kelly will be featured in Season 2 this November.

Ahead of the show’s premiere, Netflix also released its first full-length trailer for Beat Bugs, revealing the Season 1 artist and song pairings, and unveiling a new rendition of “All You Need is Love,” the show’s theme song.

Day and date with the show launch, Republic Records will release the official soundtrack for Season 1 of Beat Bugs exclusively with Apple Music. Split into two volumes, Season 1 will include a total of 27 tracks with the music from the series and special guest artists like P!nk, James Corden, Aloe Blacc, Sia and Eddie Vedder. On November 4, the Season 1 soundtrack will be made available to all retailers as well as a compilation album with the “Best of” Seasons 1 and 2. The Season 2 soundtrack will be released in November 2016 featuring 26 tracks from the show, along with a second group of outstanding guest musicians including Rod Stewart, Chris Cornell, Jennifer Hudson, Of Monsters and Men, James Bay and Tori Kelly. More information on the Season 2 soundtrack will be available soon.

Full list of participating contemporary artists (in order of show appearance):

Beat Bugs Season 1

P!nk: “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds”
    James Corden: “I’m A Loser”
    Aloe Blacc: “Rain”
    Robbie Williams: “Good Day Sunshine”
    Eddie Vedder: “Magical Mystery Tour”
    Frances: “In My Life”
    The Shins: “The Word”
    Wesley Schultz (of the Lumineers): “Honey Pie”
    Sia: “Blackbird”

Beat Bugs Season 2

Rod Stewart: “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
    Chris Cornell: “Drive My Car”
    Regina Spektor: “And Your Bird Can Sing”
    Jennifer Hudson: “I’ll Follow The Sun”
    Of Monsters and Men: “Eleanor Rigby”
    James Bay: “Hey Bulldog”
    Tori Kelly: “I’m Happy Just To Dance With You”

Other hit songs to be featured in the Netflix original series and the soundtracks will include Beat Bugs renditions of Beatles classics like “Help,” “Come Together,” “Penny Lane,” “Yellow Submarine,” “We Can Work it Out,” “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Hello Goodbye” and “Across the Universe,” among others.
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Beat Bugs (Music from the Original Series: Season 1, Vol. 1)
    https://itunes.apple.com/br/album/beat-bugs-music-from-original/id1138961876?l=en

Beat Bugs (Music from the Original Series: Season 1, Vol. 2)
    https://itunes.apple.com/br/album/beat-bugs-music-from-original/id1138981792?l=en

Volume 1 Icludes Magical Mystery Tour (feat. Eddie Vedder) (2:34)
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    US link to EV:

Listen to Magical Mystery Tour (feat. Eddie Vedder) by The Beat Bugs on Apple Music. https://itun.es/us/9O34db?i=1138982639
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Are these links to download the song? If so are they working for anyone else, says item not available for me.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    RS151862 said:

Are these links to download the song? If so are they working for anyone else, says item not available for me.

iTunes links. Only available there for purchase. Hopefully down the road it'll be released on CD & vinyl.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    Cant find in canada
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    can't find it on itunes
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

can't find it on itunes

The URL links posted above don't work?

Cant find in canada

Not available yet. Friend send me the track. I really like it.
    Will wait to purchase the soundtrack on CD or vinyl.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

ComeToTX said:

can't find it on itunes

Cant find in canada

It says not available in US store and try's to switch to Brazilian.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

demetrios said:

ComeToTX said:

can't find it on itunes

Cant find in canada

It says not available in US store and try's to switch to Brazilian.
    How about this one? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/the-beat-bugs/id1141028685
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Nope

hmm .. that is weird it's not available. I'll contact them.
  • Options
    I can't find any info on when it's available in Canada (digitally).
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I don't think you can buy it. It's only streaming on Apple Music.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    So this isn't out yet? So confused
  • Options

no. streaming only for now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

no. streaming only for now.
    It's listed on iTunes, but only available for Apple Music streaming service. Will be available on CD, digital download soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Here's the music video
    http://apple.co/2aQamMe
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Here's the music video
    http://apple.co/2aQamMe

Thanks!!
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Cant find where i read it, but album will be available for sale through itunes on November 4th. Not sure about other formats.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023