Options

My first PJ tribute

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
Not sure what to expect, but I'm at a show with Washed in Black. I think "McCready" just bought me a beer.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Not sure what to expect, but I'm at a show with Washed in Black. I think "McCready" just bought me a beer.

Haha! Tell us more when you get up!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The guy who bought me a beer was just another fan, I think he recognized my 10 Club shirt and was just just super pumped for the show.
    The band was okay. The drummer covered all eras pretty well. The bass player is obviously a gearhead, and had some impressive Jeff-style equipment. I was a little less into the guitar players; "Mike" had all the licks down, but I couldn't get past his use of an ES-style guitar with P-90s for most of the night. "Stone" kept inventing new rhythms for parts, and it really took me out of the moment. I think it's just hard for someone like me, who is very familiar with the band and the guitars, to step back enough and enjoy the show.
    They were travelling with another band that did two sets, one as an Alice in Chains tribute, and one as a Soundgarden tribute, with different singers for each. I was a little more into their stuff, the band was pretty good and I was a little less invested. Soundgarden is a tough act to pull off, but they did really well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.