Options

How smart are you really?

So it seems that today's political machine is thriving off the fact that they believe their chosen side is actually smarter than their opprnts side. So how about bring it. A none stupid pro Hilary, a none stupid pro trump. An actual real, you aren't that smarter or more educated or whatever step stool you choose to use to speak down. I'll start her off. I'm over there speach thing. Both Barack and Biden have been accused of it in the past. What are we going to do about immigration?

Comments

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    Jason P said:
    Exactly! Everyone is so damn "smrt" that they don't even realize how un "smrt" they are.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

So it seems that today's political machine is thriving off the fact that they believe their chosen side is actually smarter than their opprnts side. So how about bring it. A none stupid pro Hilary, a none stupid pro trump. An actual real, you aren't that smarter or more educated or whatever step stool you choose to use to speak down. I'll start her off. I'm over there speach thing. Both Barack and Biden have been accused of it in the past. What are we going to do about immigration?

If it was me, and I was attempting to start a discussion about smarts, I would probably edit my post enough for it to make sense.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

If it was me, and I was attempting to start a discussion about smarts, I would probably edit my post enough for it to make sense.
    So much smarter than me
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

rgambs said:

So much smarter than me
    Dude, your post has major grammatical errors. At first I thought you were doing it deliberately to be funny because of the nature of your post being about smarts.

• Options
    "A none stupid pro Hilary, a none stupid pro trump. An actual real, you aren't that smarter or more educated or whatever step stool you choose to use to speak down."

I'm not saying I'm smarter than you, I am saying this doesn't make sense.
    You want to have this discussion about progressives feeling superior to conservatives in response to the Trump campaigns mistakes, but it isn't a very valid argument if you can't take the time to get it right.
    That is precisely the criticism of Trump that you are responding to is it not? Trump is ridiculed because his team is making JV mistakes and you are steamed because liberals "think they are smarter". Well, if that's your issue, making JV mistakes yourself is not going to progress your argument much.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    eddiec said:

rgambs said:

So much smarter than me
    Dude, your post has major grammatical errors. At first I thought you were doing it deliberately to be funny because of the nature of your post being about smarts.

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA SOOOOOOO WHAAAAAAT !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    Seriously, I don't live or die by my grammar or if spell check kicks in of not. If that's a Hangup to you, guess you are all the more smarter! Trump isn't getting steamrolled because of "jv" mistakes. Same mistakes multiple candidates have made in the past. Obama and Biden have both been accused of plagerism, get over it. And to my original point, yes, give me concert factual evidence of why one is better than the other? Deficit was almost doubled in the past 8 years. Why do I want to continue these same policies? A candidate has been under federal investigation, why should I even remotely think about voting for her?
  • Options

Seriously, I don't live or die by my grammar or if spell check kicks in of not. If that's a Hangup to you, guess you are all the more smarter! Trump isn't getting steamrolled because of "jv" mistakes. Same mistakes multiple candidates have made in the past. Obama and Biden have both been accused of plagerism, get over it. And to my original point, yes, give me concert factual evidence of why one is better than the other? Deficit was almost doubled in the past 8 years. Why do I want to continue these same policies? A candidate has been under federal investigation, why should I even remotely think about voting for her?

Grammar and spell check are not the same thing as sentences that are indecipherable and a post which doesn't make it's own point.
    The deficit has been reduced, it is the debt which had risen.
    JV mistakes.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Grammar and spell check are not the same thing as sentences that are indecipherable and a post which doesn't make it's own point.
    The deficit has been reduced, it is the debt which had risen.
    JV mistakes.
    Difference between debt and deficit? Jv mistakes. And obviously you understood what my post was about, so let the grammar spell check nazi go???
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Um, no. The difference between a deficit and debt is not a JV mistake. That's an NBA league error.

I personally have made the JV mistake of attempting to answer your same question posed by another anti-Hillary voter (why vote for her), and I'm not doing it again. You've indicated in your post-question elaboration that you're really not interested in the answer. If I'm wrong, go ahead and dig into the Hillary thread to find it. It's all there.
  • Options

Um, no. The difference between a deficit and debt is not a JV mistake. That's an NBA league error.

I personally have made the JV mistake of attempting to answer your same question posed by another anti-Hillary voter (why vote for her), and I'm not doing it again. You've indicated in your post-question elaboration that you're really not interested in the answer. If I'm wrong, go ahead and dig into the Hillary thread to find it. It's all there.

So basically no response is what you meant to say?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The thing - at least to me - is that there's no "side" to intelligence. There are smarts within each party, within each group, within each race, culture, view, etc. It's nothing to be personally proven, it just is, and I believe it comes through naturally and without pronounced effort.

I think I answered the initial question......?

(and if not, cut me a break; it's still early here and I've yet to finish my coffee :) )
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    just a quick note... spell check stinks, it's lazy & it sucks. that's my opinion anyways. here's what should go down when writing something; try & grab a dictionary, hell use a online dictionary. i can't help myself, i'm old fashion, cranky & anti-pokemon. i also dislike capital letters & almost never use them.

most not all politicians are circus performers inside a really overly crowded very drunk small car
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    hedonist said:

The thing - at least to me - is that there's no "side" to intelligence. There are smarts within each party, within each group, within each race, culture, view, etc. It's nothing to be personally proven, it just is, and I believe it comes through naturally and without pronounced effort.

I think I answered the initial question......?

(and if not, cut me a break; it's still early here and I've yet to finish my coffee :) )

Exactly. Lately I've become less concerned about corrupt, inept politicians than I am with the public who votes for them. The demonizing has to stop. The speed at which people will insult each other alarms me.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Is it how smart you are that counts or how well you use what you have and how well you make an effort to become more wise and more educated? How well are people learning the skill of critical thinking? How well are people learning and being taught to do basic things like those listed in the AET thread I posted?

And I have to ask this: Are the kinds of people Trump targets as prospective supporters well (or at least somewhat well) educated, critical thinkers?

Hey, I'm just asking the questions.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I'm smart enough to know that we already have a Trump thread and this conversation began there. Please return and continue it there. :) Happy Hump Day everyone.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.