Unreleased Temple Of The Dog material could surface, says Soundgarden's drummer

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
edited July 2016 in The Porch
Thanks J!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/unreleased-temple-of-the-dog-material-could-surface-says-soundgarden-drummer/

According to The Pulse Of Radio, SOUNDGARDEN, PEARL JAM and TEMPLE OF THE DOG drummer Matt Cameron told Radio.com that the 25th anniversary reissue of the latter group's self-titled 1991 album may contain previously unreleased material. Cameron explained: "I think there's probably alternate takes, and I think Chris [Cornell, TEMPLE OF THE DOG and SOUNDGARDEN singer] made demos. But his demos are pretty freaking cool. Some of his demos are amazing. I think that would be okay. But I guess it depends on the quality. But as a musician, I like people to hear the finished product. It's not a dealbreaker for me, it's more of a philosophical difference, I guess. The process of creating music is fantastic, as an artist, but there's got to be some privacy there."

Cameron admitted he's not a fan of allowing fans to hear music at every step of the creative process, saying: "I do not enjoy the current philosophy, where it's sort of expected that you release all of your outtakes and rehearsals and demos, I really don't like that aspect of it at all… But I guess as a fan, it's cool to hear the inner workings of how a record gets made."

The drummer told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that SOUNDGARDEN has a fairly straightforward method of writing songs. "The way we've always written is four guys in a room just slamming it out. A lot of times Chris would write complete songs and he would record a demo and we'd learn his demos, and then sort of add our own spice to it, so to speak. But you know, everyone writes music in this group and that's been a pretty huge benefit for us as a band over the years."

Cameron hinted that SOUNDGARDEN is actually assembling a deluxe reissue of its classic 1991 album "Badmotorfinger", which may also feature what he described as "a lot of really cool outtakes and things like that."

SOUNDGARDEN is releasing vinyl reissues of its "Louder Than Love" and "Down On The Upside" albums next month, but they are bare-bones releases with no bonus material.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    He also added that nothing is scheduled for recording a new PJ album
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,614
    ^ I'm ok with that. That gives Soundgarden some time in the studio.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    I'm at the point where I just want more tours from PJ and the new albums are a nice bonus if they happen.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Im the opposite lol. I never go to shows
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    They are touring this fall
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    Awesome! Makes me wish they'd held off on the recent album reissue. Sounds like I might be forced to buy it again if I want the new material. That's irritating.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Friday13 said:

with Matt?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Couple of demos on the PJ20 soundtrack. Would love a super deluxe like they did with the Mad Season release. Live show please!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    edited July 2016
    Don't you mean Pearl Jam's drummer?
  • RS151862RS151862 Posts: 2,640

Couple of demos on the PJ20 soundtrack. Would love a super deluxe like they did with the Mad Season release. Live show please!!

Yes please, a few bonus tracks and a live CD would be outstanding.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
    TOTD's Facebook & Twitter pages just updated their profile photos to ..

:)
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2016
    Is there any chance of a small tour?
  • Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    Friday13 said:

woot