Gone with the Wind- never saw it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589

I wouldn't bother if I were you, unless you just like to say you saw shit, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

I have zero desire to see it. Someone would prob have to duck tape my ass to a chair and force me to take it in.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

PJ_Soul said:

I have zero desire to see it. Someone would prob have to duck tape my ass to a chair and force me to take it in.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Damn straight Scarlett was a bItch with that tight-ass spanx-from-hell corset , having to get all suited and booted for weak-willed and weak-chinned Ashley. Then what does he do? Marries that fiddle-dee-dumb Melanie. But that's ok because Scarlett finds a real man. Then her dang kid gets taken out by my little pony! And Scarlett ends up starving and wearing the same dress as her window. Piss on that! I'd be a raving bitch too.
  • Options

Damn straight Scarlett was a bItch with that tight-ass spanx-from-hell corset , having to get all suited and booted for weak-willed and weak-chinned Ashley. Then what does he do? Marries that fiddle-dee-dumb Melanie. But that's ok because Scarlett finds a real man. Then her dang kid gets taken out by my little pony! And Scarlett ends up starving and wearing the same dress as her window. Piss on that! I'd be a raving bitch too.

Lol, good points.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016

That's how I feel about Das Boot.

PJ_Soul said:

Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    MayDay10 said:

There Will Be Blood was the longest, most boring, pretentious pile of overrated garbage I have ever seen. It never went anywhere and there really wasnt any blood.

Pee Wees Big Adventure is possibly one of the best movies ever created. I believe it was Danny Elfman and Tim Burton's debut, or at least very early on for them. It is a masterpiece. Smoke some weed, watch Pee Wees Big Adventure with some friends. Be happy

Just introduced pee wees big adventure to my 6 year old son a month ago. He's watched it 4 more times since. He walks around saying "I know you are but what am i, infiniti!"
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Pee Wee is so awesome. The part where they go to the Alamo... genius.

I like Das Boot. And Gone with the Wind - if you're a girl growing up in the south, you're required to read the book. So you're also required to watch the movie. For spectacle, it's pretty amazing. And Vivien Leigh is gorgeous and very good (yes, she's a bitch though). But I always thought Leslie Howard was unattractive and wimpy.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

I like Das Boot. And Gone with the Wind - if you're a girl growing up in the south, you're required to read the book. So you're also required to watch the movie. For spectacle, it's pretty amazing. And Vivien Leigh is gorgeous and very good (yes, she's a bitch though). But I always thought Leslie Howard was unattractive and wimpy.

Graceful review, well done! Now excuse me while I edit and plagiarize. ;)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    GUMMO
    This movie is creepy, weird and may stick in your head forever.
    There is a little town around where I live I now only refer to as Gummo.
    https://youtu.be/gtY_545-ST8?t=108
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Dankind mentioned the movie Krull(1983) in a different movie thread, so I watched it on YouTube. It was great! You were right about Krull. :plus_one: The glaive was awesome (once he finally used it)!

https://youtu.be/ndpV6qfQJVw
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Krull is fantastic. Grew up on that classic.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The Conjuring 2

It's scary as fuck, lol. As an avid horror movie fan, nothing scares me more than a good haunting/demonic presence movie, and The Conjuring movies pretty much have that mastered IMO. This second one is better than the first, which is very good. It's the best horror mov8e I have seen since the first Conjuring. This one is based in England, and I find England to be creepier than America, lol, so that increases the scary factor for me. What I really like about these movies is that the disturbances are so out in the open, so severe, no dilly-dallying, no pointless subtlety, haha. Great building of suspense and decent character development (and the characters are likeable), and well-grounded because of the overriding theme of paranormal investigation, but then it also keeps you at a pretty constant level of high stress for a huge part of the movie right up to the climax, which is a good thing.

I really like the love story between Lorraine and Ed in these movies too, and the fact that they are actually presented as legit experts (laypersons employed by the Church) who come off as generally respected even in the face or scepticism. It makes it a lot easier to suspend disbelief while watching the movies.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Ghostbusters (2016)

I was nudged awake twice during an afternoon showing. Not a good sign even though I had been working earlier.

The director and cast have put out much better content in the past. This felt forced.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Jason P said:

Ghostbusters (2016)

I was nudged awake twice during an afternoon showing. Not a good sign even though I had been working earlier.

The director and cast have put out much better content in the past. This felt forced.

I watched it Saturday evening. While I didn't fall asleep during it, I agree that it felt forced and could have been better. When we walked out of the theater, both my wife and I said that given the cast, it should have been funnier than it was. I did appreciate the nods to the original though.

On Sunday, we watched the original Ghostbusters movie to cleanse ourselves of the remake. :lol:
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Teeth- A classic about a girl with teeth in her vagina.
    Is their really anything else needs said?
    Medical term: Vagina Dentata. :giggle:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:

Teeth- A classic about a girl with teeth in her vagina.
    Is their really anything else needs said?
    Medical term: Vagina Dentata. :giggle:

Gives a whole new meaning to "fillings".
  • Options
    Hope she didn't need braces
  • Options
    Ben-Hur (2016)

Disappointing, not that i'm terribly surprised, but I was hoping for a miracle. Oh well. Saw it in 3-D and that feature added nothing, really. There is just no heart in this movie. It just kind of goes through the motions of telling a story and you don't really feel it. Not 8n the dialogue, not in the acting, not in the vibe. Morgan Freeman is in it, doing a little narration plus playing a character that seemed to have no connection to his narration, which is stupid. The narration didn't even add anything. It was like they just knew people like his voice and stuck some of it in there for the hell of it. Also, Morgan Freeman didn't do an accent for some bizarre reason. He is supposed to be an African in Jerusalem, and he had the regular Morgan Freeman accent, lol. America was still about 1500 years away. :tongue: Especially odd because he does an accent in his role as a Moor in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and did a reasonable job of it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Ben-Hur (2016)

Disappointing, not that i'm terribly surprised, but I was hoping for a miracle. Oh well. Saw it in 3-D and that feature added nothing, really. There is just no heart in this movie. It just kind of goes through the motions of telling a story and you don't really feel it. Not 8n the dialogue, not in the acting, not in the vibe. Morgan Freeman is in it, doing a little narration plus playing a character that seemed to have no connection to his narration, which is stupid. The narration didn't even add anything. It was like they just knew people like his voice and stuck some of it in there for the hell of it. Also, Morgan Freeman didn't do an accent for some bizarre reason. He is supposed to be an African in Jerusalem, and he had the regular Morgan Freeman accent, lol. America was still about 1500 years away. :tongue: Especially odd because he does an accent in his role as a Moor in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and did a reasonable job of it.

Looks awful just from the previews.
  • Options
    I tried watching Sausage Party, and we turned it off maybe half an hour in. It just wasn't going anywhere by then... just a series of rather pointless events that didn't entertain me at all. And it wasn't really funny. Very disappointed. I thought it was supposed to be hilarious. I normally do like that group of comedians working together (i.e. I loved This is the End, and most other Seth Rogan films). I dunno. Maybe I'll try again. Perhaps we just weren't in the mood or something, and it's better than we thought at the time.