Tragically Hip Cover for Wrigley 1

I've been told by friends and family to leave my citizenship at the border because I'll be missing the final Hip Show on Aug20th.
But I'm cool with it because its for Pearl Jam!

1 - Do you think the guys have something planned for this night knowing that this is happening in Canada?
2 - If you had to choose a cover to hear that night, what would it be?

My personal choice would be Long Time Running, but I think if they do any kind of a cover it will be Courage

#courageforgord

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    edited July 2016
    There was another thread on this already. I think the general consensus is it might make sense to do it at Pemberton in front of a Canadian crowd, but it would be completely lost doing it in front of a mostly American crowd.

That being said I think it would be cool if Ed came out after an encore break and solo'd fiddler's green or wheat kings.
  • Zod said:

There was another thread on this already. I think the general consensus is it might make sense to do it at Pemberton in front of a Canadian crowd, but it would be completely lost doing it in front of a mostly American crowd.

That being said I think it would be cool if Ed came out after an encore break and solo'd fiddler's green or wheat kings.

my bad...I didn't see it ... was just thinking that because it was the same night as their last show they might do something.... and don't kid yourself...lol...tons of us Canucks are driving down to see them at Wrigley....

and honestly...pretty much any Hip tune would be great to hear that night.... it's going to be an emotional night for any Canadian in the crowd
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,145
    no!

Zod said:

my bad...I didn't see it ... was just thinking that because it was the same night as their last show they might do something.... and don't kid yourself...lol...tons of us Canucks are driving down to see them at Wrigley....

and honestly...pretty much any Hip tune would be great to hear that night.... it's going to be an emotional night for any Canadian in the crowd
    Yah it is, I'm flying from Victoria so there's definitely going to be a number of Canadians, but i would still expect the crowd to be mostly Americans. Even if 5000 Canadians are there, it's still an overwhelming majority of Americans. Canadians would love it, but everyone else would be confused.

I do find it disconcerting that my Birthday is now becoming the final day of the tragically hip. I hope Gord fights the cancer for a while and they find a way to do a few more shows.
  • passion4tunespassion4tunes Posts: 64
    edited July 2016

Would love to see him do something in Pemberton.... hopefully someone records it because I was too cheap to get there...lol

I would hope they release Pemberton on cd/flac/mp3?
  • Zod said:

as the person who started the other thread, I agree it would be out of context for PJ to cover the Hip at a US show. It needs to be done in Canada. The Hip can barely fill a club in the US. A Canadian crowd would mostly go berzerk if they did it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited July 2016

Would love to see him do something in Pemberton.... hopefully someone records it because I was too cheap to get there...lol

Lol, me too. $170 + expenses? Nah. Not for a festival, which isn't my thing (btw, it looks like it's going to be raining for most of the festival... I was actually avoiding it because I assumed it would be too hot, but I'm not mourning my decision with the prediction of rain either!... So far looks like it might clear up a bit for PJ's night though). I can wait until another arena show comes around. I am hoping the maybe Eddie announces a solo tour on the west coast for sometimes in 2016. I've got some airmiles I have to use by the end of the year, but they will only get me to Seattle, Portland, Denver, Vegas, LA, or San Diego. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    To be fair the ticket is $130, but there's no parking at the venue, so you have to buy a $40 shuttle pass. It was the concept of the shuttle that held me back. I'd rather drive straight to the venue.

I think I'm pretty much done with festival's except for PJ. Last festival I went to was Calgary 09, and before that I think it was lolla '03. Only PJ can make me endure a festival
  • Zod said:

To be fair the ticket is $130, but there's no parking at the venue, so you have to buy a $40 shuttle pass. It was the concept of the shuttle that held me back. I'd rather drive straight to the venue.

I think I'm pretty much done with festival's except for PJ. Last festival I went to was Calgary 09, and before that I think it was lolla '03. Only PJ can make me endure a festival

Blasphemy! lol
    If you've never done Festival D'Ete de Québec you need to do it before you say you're done with festicall.

90$ for 11 nights of concerts.
    I'm leaving at 3am for 11 days of awesome music. Last year's lineup was amazing, this year's lineup is pretty good but next year's will be insane because it's their 50th year...

Check it out... www.infofestival.com