Options

*** MSG I Setlist Thread ***

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    wait so there is no more pre-show Ed solo performance on this tour? So when do they come out if the opening act starts at 7:30?
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It's not the like they're gonna open w/ Undone, Deep, Alone, No Way, and All those Yesterdays :rolleyes:

MSG is just another show, they've all been great so far. Maybe PJ should keep their setlists similar like this. That way no one feels like they missed out and has to break the bank to see 5 shows a tour?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    you know i completely agree with you guys and remember feeling the same sense of "letdown" at the 10th anniversary show b/c it wasn't special enough. thats when i decided to just go, expect nothing, that way each song is its own gift.
    btw, someone will have to remind me about my philosophy if they close with YL tomorrow!! thats a gift i'd like the reciept for so I can exchange it for one i like better! :)

ryley34 wrote:
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts and feelings exactly...
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    It's not the like they're gonna open w/ Undone, Deep, Alone, No Way, and All those Yesterdays :rolleyes:

MSG is just another show, they've all been great so far. Maybe PJ should keep their setlists similar like this. That way no one feels like they missed out and has to break the bank to see 5 shows a tour?

No, I don't think they should play less diverse sets. Honestly, they strike a good balance now.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    No, I don't think they should play less diverse sets. Honestly, they strike a good balance now.

I agree, the sets are different, they're just not completely different. I mean there was special stuff tonight. I believe in Miracles, Present Tense, & Faithfull and it's only night one.

It just seems like when you see a bunch of shows in a group like this, you gonna get a lot of repeats, just how it is.

Just like tomorrow they'll get Crown of Thorns, Release, YL and maybe In my Tree or something and it'll be a good time.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I agree, the sets are different, they're just not completely different. I mean there was special stuff tonight. I believe in Miracles, Present Tense, & Faithfull and it's only night one.

It just seems like when you see a bunch of shows in a group like this, you gonna get a lot of repeats, just how it is.

Just like tomorrow they'll get Crown of Thorns, Release, YL and maybe In my Tree or something and it'll be a good time.

Agreed.
    Someone name one "mainstream" rock band that plays more songs on a 12-date tour than PJ does ... The only one that might come close is Springsteen? It certainly ain't Radiohead, U2, the Foo Fighters, etc. etc.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    that's a very cool setlist. very cool indeed.
    hurry up mansfield already.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908

Oooh I hope SOS. Or Hunger Strike! Or State of Love and Trust! Or something. I'd like to see the Oceans opener, that'd be sweet!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I'm thinking they're just tired of blowing it all out on night one. I was at all the past MSG shows and other than 98, each time, night two felt a little less special. Ed even admitted they were worn out last time in 03.

This is a great set. The sets all tour have been amazing. We will see some big surprises tomorrow and if not, oh well.

The fact that i'm on the west coast and missing this is sad indeed:(

Enjoy!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    But if it's MSG and everybody has been building this shit up like crazy, well, you might want to give'em something you haven't debuted this tour yet. I mean, is that too much to ask? Are we spoiled motherfuckers for making that simple request?

Everyone who was in the building was ecstatic. Sorry you weren't there and are dissatisfied...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Allie wrote:
    LOL
    um, yeah, Dan you are :)

You know what I think though, I think you can read the list online but nothing compares to actually being there and hearing the live performance. At the Garden!

very true. Had I just read tonight's setlist, I would have glossed over Present Tense. Good song, nothing "special" Being there, Present Tense was a show stealer. I said as soon as it was over...The CD won't do it justice. Even a DVD. You had to be there
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    dmn them for playing present tense tonight!!!

amazing setlist. i don't care if they didn't bust out that many rare songs or songs they hadn't played yet...still fuckin' amazing. i don't care what they played in tampa & west palm beach...i wasn't there so i don't care if they had already opened with 'hard to imagine' there or debuted who you are there...i want to hear them too. ;) never really understood when people bitched for that reason...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    I'm thinking they're just tired of blowing it all out on night one. I was at all the past MSG shows and other than 98, each time, night two felt a little less special. Ed even admitted they were worn out last time in 03.

This is a great set. The sets all tour have been amazing. We will see some big surprises tomorrow and if not, oh well.

The fact that i'm on the west coast and missing this is sad indeed:(

Enjoy!!

I've got news for you - I think they blew it all out again last night. The energy coming from and going back out to the stage was absolutely insane. The way they stacked together all the new stuff for this tour into one show - WMA, Who You Are, All Night, Love Reign O'er Me - even though these aren't "tour debuts" most of us had never seen them played live. I hope for the sake of everyone going tonight that they are able to do that again - and I suppose they always do - but last night was 5 years of energy and anticipation on both sides (band and fans) let loose into one building and it was complete bedlam.