Anyone have a clean NYC radio recording (including radio IDs) of Checkpoint Charlie & Atlanta???

Had them both on cassette--->CD-->Laptop and EXT Drive---and now gonzo in small fire

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Including radio ID's? From which NYC radio station?
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete Posts: 613
    not sure. back in the day there were 4 and now none. but it must be Krock, Q104.3, WDRE, and one other
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548

not sure. back in the day there were 4 and now none. but it must be Krock, Q104.3, WDRE, and one other

Will check it out. I have many sources from Atlanta '94 & Berlin '96. My cousin was able to record the Berlin '96 show that was aired on 102.1 The Edge in Toronto. Never got a chance to hear Atlanta '94 on the radio up here in these parts.
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete Posts: 613
    back in those days on Krock (radio station in NY) they would never bleep out Eddie's curse words....not just the live stuff but the studio stuff as well. That infuriated Howard Stern. But management ok'd it because it was considered art. PJ was the only band that the station allowed to curse (it was only Fuck). back then that was the biggest rock radio station in New York Tri-State area.

But I loved the radio station's ID's in between live songs and miss it when I hear the versions of the shows that are online now.

I guess it's something about being 17 and grabbing your friends to hear PJs live broadcasts that sticks with you forever
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,814
    edited July 2016

Q104 is still around. KRock is now online
    I miss igotid88