Cancelled Raleigh Show Refund Package

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    Nice gesture.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,371
    Are you effin kidding me?!? This band goes above and beyond, time and time again. Such an awesome gesture, wow. Very cool the Raleigh fans got this, hope it somewhat makes up for the missed show. Love this band. Love love it.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    So is this only going to people that wrote them an email or what? I had 10C GA and was traveling in from out of state....Did not write in to complain or ask for the cancelled tickets. I would love to get this mail though...
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    demetrios said:

lol. perfect.

I had a 10c pair. Keeping my fingers crossed
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

on2legs said:

I hope this is true so all the complainers here can post their apologies.

...before they flip them on ebay after selling all their other PJ stuff. Some guy wanted $1700 for a sealed Benny because the band didn't play Raleigh.
    my bets are pjtaper won't be getting signed tickets!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    MayDay10 said:

demetrios said:

lol. perfect.

I had a 10c pair. Keeping my fingers crossed
    Good luck! :)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Thanks...

so did only one person get this? Or are there multiple drops?
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    MayDay10 said:

Thanks...

at least 2 people got them so far. the original picture poster and me :)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

MayDay10 said:

Thanks...

Did you ask for ticket stubs though? It seems like too much of a coincidence that one of the first people to get one asked for ticket stubs originally. Would be happily surprised though if everyone gets them.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891

Very cool. I hope everyone with a ticket gets one but that would be a lot of signatures!

If anyone gets two, and wants to trade one, I have a spawn Copenhagen poster or temple of the dog double purple vinyl I'd be willing to trade. Heck- worth a try if you have one extra :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    I'm very skeptical that only one person got this. Until we see more photos or even here from Santos about this.

Wait for all the bitching from people who had tickets and DIDNT get the signed ones now...
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited June 2016

I'm very skeptical that only one person got this. Until we see more photos or even here from Santos about this.

Wait for all the bitching from people who had tickets and DIDNT get the signed ones now...

No need to wait, my friend. People already bitching about "will I be disappointed when I go to my mailbox?"

Money was refunded. Explanations issued. It is great that some folks got tickets. Where have the days gone that we could just be happy for our fellow fans instead of wondering why we didn't get ours and lash out? It's like throwing a hissy fit in the sandbox.

Hail, hail the lucky ones! So happy for you! Let us all be happy for you! Jealousy and envy isn't worn well by anyone.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    There have been three confirmed so far but I'm pretty sure they all emailed the 10C after the cancellation. Not a good sign...
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I bought 10C tickets for the Raleigh show and am SO hopeful that I'll get a package like this in the mail. I didn't email the 10C, though, because I agreed with the band's decision. I'll keep hope alive and if it doesn't happen, so be it. This band takes damn good care of me.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587

MayDay10 said:

Thanks...

Did you ask for ticket stubs though? It seems like too much of a coincidence that one of the first people to get one asked for ticket stubs originally. Would be happily surprised though if everyone gets them.
    yes. I emailed them the night of the cancellation asking for the stubs for memorabilia. I got an email last week asking for my mailing address. Yesterday they arrived in a packaged envelope which i thought was weird. Why not just a normal envelope? I almost shat myself when i saw the tickets. Didn't even see the stickers right away. They came in the yellow envelope that we sign at will-call.

yes, raleigh poster/tickets are top priority for the framer and now my #1 possession. The living will will get updated next week.
  • Options
    lcitrinitilcitriniti Posts: 51
    Damn, I missed out on the 10C tickets for this show and bought General Sale tickets, I'll be upset if all the 10C tix get these... but great gesture by the band for those who do get them!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    So they asked for mailing address? This means only the ones that emailed them will get this bonus. Congrats.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    George Michael always said it best...gotta have FAITH ah FAITH ah FAITH.......

this band has always tried to do what they believe is just and right, and they have always tried to make lemonade out of lemons whenever they could.

sometimes we need to take a step back and just breathe a little folks
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    MedozK said:

So they asked for mailing address? This means only the ones that emailed them will get this bonus. Congrats.

Sounds that way . . . . Majority of folks who would have purchased 10C tix for Raleigh are on the East Coast, so maybe the few that already received are West coasters? Holding out hope. But doesn't sound likely.

• Options
    That's fucking awesome! This band truly cares about its fans. Now sell me your tickets! Lol
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    MedozK said:

We all have a Primary Shipping Address declared in our tenclub accounts... I'm not willing to assume just yet :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    tubes10s said:

MedozK said:

We all have a Primary Shipping Address declared in our tenclub accounts... I'm not willing to assume just yet :)
    I would start assuming. It would be nice though if they at least sent stickers out to fan clubbers with tickets. That is a lot of envelopes though so I don't expect it will happen.
  • Options
    Less than 2 minutes to receive such an optimistic response! Never a shortage of those here. :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    tubes10s said:

MedozK said:

I like your thinking tubes . . . . may have been a one of, then the band said, "great idea." we'll see this afternoon as folks scramble to the mail boxes. If we get more confirmations, we all might be in luck.
  • Options
    Yeah wbutler, you never know! It would certainly be a cool gesture, and if not, I'll just look forward to their east coast return next time.
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    tubes10s said:

Yeah wbutler, you never know! It would certainly be a cool gesture, and if not, I'll just look forward to their east coast return next time.

Thank you for this. :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

MayDay10 said:

Thanks...

yes. I emailed them the night of the cancellation asking for the stubs for memorabilia. I got an email last week asking for my mailing address. Yesterday they arrived in a packaged envelope which i thought was weird. Why not just a normal envelope? I almost shat myself when i saw the tickets. Didn't even see the stickers right away. They came in the yellow envelope that we sign at will-call.

yes, raleigh poster/tickets are top priority for the framer and now my #1 possession. The living will will get updated next week.
    Good for you. This is so cool!
  • Options
    tubes10s said:

Less than 2 minutes to receive such an optimistic response! Never a shortage of those here. :)

Ha. Whether optimistic or pessimistic, it will not change whether you will get something in the mail. So why be optimistic then if only to be let down?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    People should review many of the comments in the cancelled show thread. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore