Would Eddie ever do WTF?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
edited June 2016 in The Porch
There's discussions sometimes about if Eddie would do Howard Stern. Seems not.

But why not Marc Maron?

Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Maynard James Keenan, Neil Young, Dweezil Zappa etc have done it.

Will it ever happen?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Is he still on the air? haha
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Remember Air America? That went well. I would love to see any of PJ on Stern but Ed is probably the only one big enough to get the invite. I know they would take the full band as well.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Oh wait... just got it..haha Vedder on Maron would be cool.. The Chris Cornell interview was pretty good.

edited June 2016
    Noload said:

Remember Air America? That went well. I would love to see any of PJ on Stern but Ed is probably the only one big enough to get the invite. I know they would take the full band as well.

Big enough? Stern seems like old news. He's still has a show?....oh yeah Sirius
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    myoung321 said:

Noload said:

Big enough? Stern seems like old news. He still has a show?
    I've heard he does..it's no WTF put of a carport but it's out there.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    edited June 2016
    Id love to hear any of them on Wtf. In an avid podcast listener and would love for this to happen. If Maron can book the president of the United States...there's at least a chance to book Ed. Id love to even hear Mike do it. I feel like Stone wouldn't open up that much.
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188

Id love to hear any of them on Wtf. In an avid podcast listener and would love for this to happen. If Maron can boom the president of the United States...there's at least a chance to book Ed. Id love to even hear Mike do it. I feel like Stone wouldn't open up that much.

Mike and Stone aren't names big enough for the podcast. Isn't that obvious...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I would love to hear any of the guys from the band on WTF. Neil Young was on last week.

Joseph Arthurs posted a pic with Maron the other day with the caption, "WTF?!" so it looks like JA will be on an upcoming show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    It has the potential to be cool, however, Maron's interview style can be hit or miss with listeners. If you're looking for an insightful thought-provoking interview, it's not going to be here.

Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,838
    Noload said:

Back about 2003-2005, Howard wanted Eddie on for some Bush-bashing. Management wanted to send Stone or Jeff. Howard insisted on Ed, being the "name" and frontman and all that. The deal fell through.

SiriusXM has 30 million subscribers. And yes, Howard is still as relevant as anyone.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921

Id love to hear any of them on Wtf. In an avid podcast listener and would love for this to happen. If Maron can boom the president of the United States...there's at least a chance to book Ed. Id love to even hear Mike do it. I feel like Stone wouldn't open up that much.

He doesn't just have A list celebs.

He doesn't just have A list celebs.
    He doesn't really have no-names either.

I would say there is no chance of "one of the guitar players" or "the bass player" of Pearl Jam would get on there.
  • Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    I listen to a lot of podcasts regularly and there is probably a better chance Ed does WTF than any other podcast. Maron's style has started to bug me lately. He does a lot of interrupting (a lot of "really's and yeah's in the middle of the guests responses). It has become a distraction during otherwise interesting interviews.
    In response to the poster above me...Maron has interviewed D-list authors/actors/directors that nobody has heard of before. Jeff, Mike or Stone have 30 years in the music biz and would be good guests too.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
    Name some names. Convince me. I think it's Eddie or no one from PJ.

I don't have a problem with the interrupting. I see it more as a conversation than an interview. Which I think add to the conversation. I also like that Marc has a genuine knowledge of music and stuff. "Oh the first green river album. I had that one"

Listening to the Cornell episode now. Just great.
    I don't remember their names because they are not "famous" or memorable. But there have been several examples in the last couple of months. Don't get me wrong, I like Maron and agree that it is conversational but I think the interrupting takes away from what the guest is saying. It just doesn't translate well over the pod, whereas in person it probably doesn't come across that way. But I started listening because of his interview with Jason Isbell. That was one of the best interviews I've heard.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
    What is the episode number of the Cornell episode...I must have missed that one somehow. Would love to hear that one.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *

I don't remember their names because they are not "famous" or memorable. But there have been several examples in the last couple of months. Don't get me wrong, I like Maron and agree that it is conversational but I think the interrupting takes away from what the guest is saying. It just doesn't translate well over the pod, whereas in person it probably doesn't come across that way. But I started listening because of his interview with Jason Isbell. That was one of the best interviews I've heard.

The Isbell interview is what got me hooked on Maron too - it was my first too
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

What is the episode number of the Cornell episode...I must have missed that one somehow. Would love to hear that one.

This
    bflynn1 said:

This
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

bflynn1 said:

This
    Thank you!

bflynn1 said:

This
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCh991tEsY
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

If anyone missed it, Chad Smiths talk with Stone Gossard is also longform and pretty similiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvuLTJrf_4Y