Help with wedding song selection needed

Next Saturday there’s a wedding day of my daughter. As we are both Pearl Jam fans I’d like you to help me find the Perl Jam song while walking to the altar.

Thanks
Peter
Post edited by strangespot on

Comments

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Alot of it depends on your relationship with your daughter... there are 3 songs on Back Spacer that sort of work

Just Breathe
    Speed of Sound
    and Amongst the Waves

It'll feel like it's going to be a really really long walk, but the walk up the aisle will not take up the entire song, and probably wont even get to the any of the lyrics.

If you're both a couple of rockers, I like the first 25 seconds of Dissident or the first minute of Smile.

I also like Come Back , Present Tense and Wishlist, too.

They're all better father/daughter dances in my opinion. (I'm a wedding photographer...)

Just don't use Daughter, that's just not right for the occasion.

You and your daughter really should know the answer to this question.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Eddie Vedder...Without You, is one to consider. or you can just walk her down to the intro of Yellow Ledbetter before the lyrics come in, as the intro gives you plenty of time. I tried looking up an instrumental to Yellow Ledbetter but can not find one.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    IMHO, YL should only be played at the end of the reception, lights on, and then GTFO.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Ray J. T. said:

Eddie Vedder...Without You, is one to consider. or you can just walk her down to the intro of Yellow Ledbetter before the lyrics come in, as the intro gives you plenty of time. I tried looking up an instrumental to Yellow Ledbetter but can not find one.

I think an Eddie uke song is a great option.. Without You would probably work out really well pace-wise. I was also thinking of Rise, but that may not work.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    Tiki said:

Alot of it depends on your relationship with your daughter... there are 3 songs on Back Spacer that sort of work

Just Breathe
    Speed of Sound
    and Amongst the Waves

It'll feel like it's going to be a really really long walk, but the walk up the aisle will not take up the entire song, and probably wont even get to the any of the lyrics.
    If you're both a couple of rockers, I like the first 25 seconds of Dissident or the first minute of Smile.

I also like Come Back , Present Tense and Wishlist, too.

They're all better father/daughter dances in my opinion. (I'm a wedding photographer...)

Just don't use Daughter, that's just not right for the occasion.

You and your daughter really should know the answer to this question.

Some good advice in this post as well.

By the way, I think it's so great that you care enough to join up and post here to get advice.