Molo Sessions Video

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g23vVVUKgM

In 2004 ten members of the Walmer High School Choir traveled to Seattle from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. This video essay -- written by choir member Sindiswa Speelman -- documents their journey to perform and record with Eddie Vedder.

Don't believe I've seen this video posted here on the forum. Searched & didn't find it.
It's wonderful. . :)

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
    Was that LBC version ever released? Just remember the Betterman-single...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kerryannekerryanne Posts: 5
    I'm ashamed to say I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for posting! (It's brightened up a pretty gross week.) Now what would be AWESOME, of course, is if Pearl Jam would come over and sing with a township choir again, right here in South Africa. :smile:
    Worcester 2013 | Vienna 2014 | Berlin 2014 | St Paul 2014 I'm just walking the miles; every once in a while I'll get a ride.
  • NormanNorman Posts: 112

Was that LBC version ever released? Just remember the Betterman-single...

Yes, it's the second song after long road on the cd. Tried to take picture of track list, but can't figure out how to post it.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535

@ Remembering the Molo Sessions - Just amazing ...meeting Lazola (The King as Eddie Vedder calls him!) and Asanda! We sat in my car listening to the cd and they started singing along in their beautiful voices ... totally surreal! #BringPJtoSA #PearlJam