Options

Blockbuster Trade Offer!!! CRACKER JACK!!!

go prego pre Posts: 648
I have the complete set of 2000 bootlegs (1-72). All but one are sealed, and the one that isn't sealed has never been played. I am considering trading the complete set if anyone can offer up any of the following options.

1) Cracker Jack poster + $400
2) Cracker Jack poster + pair of Wrigley GA (either night)
3) Set of all four Wrigley '13 posters

I might consider other options, but as you can tell, my main motivation is the Cracker Jack poster. With a trade this valuable, I do not feel comfortable sending stuff through the mail, so I would like to make the swap in Chicago before (or the day between) the Wrigley shows.

I know it is a long shot, but I am hoping for a miracle here.
There's a trapdoor in the sun.

Comments

• Options
    evening bump
  • Options
    Am I way off base with these trades? or are there just too few people who can actually do this?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    Way off base. You might get a CJ for the boots not much else.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    When tickets are involved, 10c has a strict policy of face only. My guess is that this offer will not fly with them.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

Even if the boots are only $10 each.....that's still $720!!!

This is just a really specific trade offer and the likelihood of finding a CJ owner looking for a 2000 bootleg set are slim.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977

This is just a really specific trade offer and the likelihood of finding a CJ owner looking for a 2000 bootleg set are slim.

No way I'd trade my CJ for those boots.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    go pre said:

Am I way off base with these trades? or are there just too few people who can actually do this?

I can't see trading cds for a poster, esp. 2000 shows that I can download. However, there are completists out there. You might be better off selling the collection and using the cash for the poster.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Like others have said, its a tough trade because while the bootlegs are valuable, I feel like not that many people buy them, when there are downloads out there, and the nugs app with hundreds and hundreds of PJ bootlegs for 7.99 a month (this is what I use)

Hard to trade something readily available to anyone who wants it for one of the hardest to find posters of the last 5 years
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Bought and sold my 2000 set for $600. (There were all opened though)

Good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

No way I'd trade my CJ for those boots.
    +1

Trying to think of what I might even consider for my CJ......

MAYBE a mint original poster from Hartford '98 (my first show). But even then that would only be enough to get me thinking, I still may not make that trade.

My CJ is easily my most prized possession as far as concert related merch goes.
  • Options
    I guess I was thinking they were pretty close value-wise. I see the bootleg set routinely selling for $800-$900. I see the CJ selling for $400-$500, and the complete set of 4 Wrigley posters going for $800-$900. Value-wise, I think I am right on. It's just too specific, and the CJ has too much sentimental value for most on here.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    sell the boots and buy the print... much easier
  • Options
    clark_pclark_p Posts: 203
    I'll trade a cj even up for the boots.....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    my2hands said:

sell the boots and buy the print... much easier

bingo
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    go pre said:

I guess I was thinking they were pretty close value-wise. I see the bootleg set routinely selling for $800-$900. I see the CJ selling for $400-$500, and the complete set of 4 Wrigley posters going for $800-$900. Value-wise, I think I am right on. It's just too specific, and the CJ has too much sentimental value for most on here.

Sounds like you did your research. Dollar for dollar, your requests sound pretty fair, but yeah...... The sentimental factor is a killer.

Good luck with your search!