Options

Ticketmaster class action settlement

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm getting "We are currently experiencing difficulties. Please check back again at a later time." and "There are no active vouchers for your account."

The latter has to be wrong.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited June 2016
    im sure its only for shows ill never go to...16 free pairs of GA tickets that will go to waste
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    My page finally loaded. I don't know what the max is but I have 17 free GA pairs and 17 $2.25 codes. Doubt it will be for shows I want to go to but who knows!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

I've been getting this message for 2 days now..
    We are currently experiencing difficulties. Please check back again at a later time.
    :angry:

It doesn't really matter...the list of avaliable shows isn't out anyway. So finding out how many codes you have right now isn't important. Just sign up for the email alert for when the list of shows will be released. Don't get that excited, it's not gonna be that great.
    Yeah, I'm already figuring on 99.9% of the eligibility list to be things I have absolute zero interest in. Hopefully there are sporting events in there. I'd go to a free WNBA game. I wouldn't go to a Jackyl concert.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,251
    If TM is allowed to pick and choose which shows/events to issue the tickets for, they're obviously going to choose the least desirable ones that already have a hard time selling out.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

17 pairs of GA tix and 17 codes for 2.25 off. Excellent.

that's exactly what I got....now to see what shows we get

Probably Slim Whitman cover bands
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2016
    I think I counted 14 codes on mine. Surely they have to offer a good selection otherwise that makes this whole thing pointless. You can't make good on a lawsuit and offer total shit, as that's just asking for another lawsuit lol.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,251

I think I counted 14 codes on mine. Surely they have to offer a good selection otherwise that makes this whole thing pointless. You can't make good on a lawsuit and offer total shit, as that's just asking for another lawsuit lol.

Well you can. They'll go through the ruling, and find the cheapest possible solution to adhere to that ruling. I wouldn't expect Ticketmaster to go above and beyond the minimum laid out the court agreements. Unless the violate that ruling, then legally they've adhered to the conditions.

It reminds me of when we had two big national movie theatre chains in Canada Merge (Cineplex and Odeon). To create "competition" the government said they had to sell off a certain amount of theatre's to prevent being too big. Obviously they sold off the worst and lowest performing theatre's. What did anyone else expect?

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    Suziemay said:

My page finally loaded. I don't know what the max is but I have 17 free GA pairs and 17 $2.25 codes. Doubt it will be for shows I want to go to but who knows!

That's the max, as per the settlement page
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I got 17 and 17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    I changed email addresses a few years ago and can't sign in to my old account. I'll have to call them. I've spent so much money on tix I'd be surprised if I don't have the max.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

I changed email addresses a few years ago and can't sign in to my old account. I'll have to call them. I've spent so much money on tix I'd be surprised if I don't have the max.

I am in the same boat. TM will not send me my password for my old account.
    BASTARDS!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Suziemay said:

Thanks! Now to see what shows they dig up for us...
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165

Suziemay said:

Ahh, that explains it, I got 17 and 17 too. The $2.25 codes are nice, I guess. I'm sure they figure most people won't use all of them. The free tickets will surely be for shows that nobody wants to go to.
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    Is anyone else having a lot of difficulty navigating this process? - - I have been getting error messages all day... I finally see that I have 14 voucher codes... you click on the link to see the list of eligible events, then it redirects you to a Live Nation page dedicated to ticket codes, which directs you back to the ticketmaster site... I am going in an endless loop, without finding out any more information about events we can use the vouchers for...

Has anyone figured out how to get this process to actually work?
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    RhinoJam said:

Is anyone else having a lot of difficulty navigating this process? - - I have been getting error messages all day... I finally see that I have 14 voucher codes... you click on the link to see the list of eligible events, then it redirects you to a Live Nation page dedicated to ticket codes, which directs you back to the ticketmaster site... I am going in an endless loop, without finding out any more information about events we can use the vouchers for...

I don't think eligible events have been posted yet based on some of the earlier posts in this thread. I signed up to be alerted of any eligible events posted.
  • Options
    RhinoJam said:

The eligibility list isn't finalized yet.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

RhinoJam said:

they are waiting for Englebert Humperdinck and Barry Manilow to announce their summer tours.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    lolobugg said:

RhinoJam said:

they are waiting for Englebert Humperdinck and Barry Manilow to announce their summer tours.
    What you got against the Dink?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited June 2016
    I would personally really like to get free tix to literally anything. It would be a good chance to do something I'd otherwise never experience, and at no expense.
    At the moment, my .com account is saying that I have no vouchers. So I don't know wtf is up with that. I saw on facebook that other Canadians had vouchers, but I don't know the details... maybe you only get them if you were actually on .com when you bought the tix. If that's the case, I don't think I will be getting anything. You would think that stupid TM would fucking have some info about all this posted. I guess they're too pissed about the settlement to be helpful with the results.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Was finally able to see what I got - 17 free tix, 17 discount codes, 1 UPS discount code. The only thing is, NONE of the codes are listed? Is this the same for anyone else?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Was finally able to see what I got - 17 free tix, 17 discount codes, 1 UPS discount code. The only thing is, NONE of the codes are listed? Is this the same for anyone else?

I printed off all my codes (17 and 17) couple days ago
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    lolobugg said:

RhinoJam said:

Yeah, thanks for sending all their music on that hard drive... You even spelled it correctly. :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    I'm hoping to attend the AirSupply and Vanilla Ice shows. Special guests are Hammer and Styx!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

still waiting on codes myself...I think they are trying to finalize what shows they are going to screw us over with ha

• Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    I applied my first $2.25 voucher today. The 4 $65.00 tickets I purchased had a $14 per ticket fee and a $4.75 processing fee. So instead of paying the ridiculous $68.75 in fees on my 4 tix, my voucher brought it down to the more reasonable sum of $66.50. I'm not sure what the point of the lawsuit except to make a group of attorneys $14,960,000 richer since we are all still paying a shit ton of fees.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    mcatake said:

I applied my first $2.25 voucher today. The 4 $65.00 tickets I purchased had a $14 per ticket fee and a $4.75 processing fee. So instead of paying the ridiculous $68.75 in fees on my 4 tix, my voucher brought it down to the more reasonable sum of $66.50. I'm not sure what the point of the lawsuit except to make a group of attorneys $14,960,000 richer since we are all still paying a shit ton of fees.

Yeah, when you put it that way, it's pretty ridiculous. So you mean that you can only use one piddling voucher per transaction?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    PJ_Soul said:

mcatake said:

Yeah, when you put it that way, it's pretty ridiculous. So you mean that you can only use one piddling voucher per transaction?
    I thought so but just checked the rules which state - Up to two Discount Codes can be used per transaction...Crap, can't believe I left $2.25 on the table!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    leebug87 said:

I have zero vouchers. Not sure what the criteria was because I've certainly gone to many many shows

Same here. Some coworkers have like 11 free tickets and I've only got $2.50 discounts.

I have multiple TM accounts so maybe I've missed one I forgot about (just setting up different emails over the years and forgetting about old accounts).
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    RhinoJam said:

DOn't worry about it, there's nothing to do with the codes yet.....there are no shows listed that you can use them for. So everyone just relax