Options

2003 Bootlegs

JohnDSOTMJohnDSOTM Posts: 26
edited April 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok, I'm the "new guy", so I'll first start with some PJ related facts about myself....

Favorite tune - Given To Fly
Favorite album - Ten
Attended 2 "legendary" shows in Mansfield, MA (the infamous quarter-throwing incident, and the 7/11/03 marathon).
Still have never seen an accurate guitar TAB for Given To Fly

Anyhoo, now that we know each other, here's the reason for this, my first post......

I've been trying to add to my collection of 2003 boots (silver, originals), so I have been checking eBay daily. I bid on an auction for the 05/28/03 show in Missoula, MT.

I bid $15 (yeah, I know, no chance, but you never know). I was outbid. By a lot. The winning bid was $405. Four hundred and five dollars!?!?!?

I love this band, and those 2003 boots are fa-reakin awesome, every one of them, but $405?? That's insane!

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site, and look forward to jumping into the discussions of all things P.J.

p.s. - If anyone has 2003 boots for sale, for around $15 per, I'm all ears. ;-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Welcome.

I didn't know the bootlegs went for that much. I'm not selling any but I think you can still buy a few of them from http://www.pearljamstore.com for a fair price. You may also wanna check http://www.amazon.com.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    I know the '03 boots are a little hard to find, but that is fucking crazy to pay $400 for one. But then again some people think I am crazy because of the amount of money I spend on posters, so to each his own...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yep, that's insane and not the norm. There have been some auctions that have gone for high bucks lately, due to I assume one or two people that are trying to complete collections. Just keep watching and be patient, they are available for way way less. Good luck. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."